MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 12 2013, 02:10 PM   #406
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Yeah, I'd count on Jesse outliving everyone but Walt, and possibly even Walt!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 02:02 AM   #407
billcosby
Commodore

Jessie is going to make it for sure.
He knows best about Walt's evil deeds. I see him going kinda loopy and being institutionalized after all this... especially if Walt manages to evaporate into thin air with all that money.
Judging on the phone call from Hank to his wife, he's dead next episode. He's got to be. There just aren't those kinds of phone calls in scripted drama unless a character is getting offed.

Love the Better Call Saul news, too. Even if it's a webseries it'll be amazing.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 03:12 AM   #408
Galileo7
Fleet Captain

billcosby wrote: View Post
Jessie is going to make it for sure.
He knows best about Walt's evil deeds. I see him going kinda loopy and being institutionalized after all this... especially if Walt manages to evaporate into thin air with all that money.
Judging on the phone call from Hank to his wife, he's dead next episode. He's got to be. There just aren't those kinds of phone calls in scripted drama unless a character is getting offed.

Love the Better Call Saul news, too. Even if it's a webseries it'll be amazing.
Agree on all thoughts here.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 05:34 AM   #409
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

I feel like his line about "it could be a while before you see me" and all the "love yous" may be foreshadowing his being kidnapped by the Nazis. I imagine they'd love to use him as leverage to keep Walt cooking for them for as long as they want.
Old September 13 2013, 05:43 AM   #410
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile

I think we have seen the last of Hank. I think the next episode will open with a pan over his dead body. He has survived two shootouts; a third would be pretty amazing. He reached his own personal height of glory last week, finally arresting the elusive Heisenberg.
Old September 13 2013, 01:50 PM   #411
Tom
Rear Admiral

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
I feel like his line about "it could be a while before you see me" and all the "love yous" may be foreshadowing his being kidnapped by the Nazis. I imagine they'd love to use him as leverage to keep Walt cooking for them for as long as they want.
I can't see Jack keeping Hank alive, more so they would take Jesse and make him cook leaving Walt to run off to New Hampshire, settle his family then come back to free Jessie. The end of the show will come down to Walt and Jessie.
Old September 13 2013, 04:21 PM   #412
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

It would be hilarious if Walt came back to "save" Jesse only to learn Jesse is the new kingpin, right before Jesse puts a bullet between his eyes.

Fade to black.

Executive Producer
Vince Gilligan

My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 05:18 AM   #413
Chuck Finley
Commander

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
It would be hilarious if Walt came back to "save" Jesse only to learn Jesse is the new kingpin, right before Jesse puts a bullet between his eyes.

Fade to black.

Executive Producer
Vince Gilligan

That would be breathtaking and would beat "Face Off" for sure, but I'd want Skylar and Jr. to get Walt's money.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 02:22 PM   #414
Mojochi
Commodore

InklingStar wrote: View Post
I think we have seen the last of Hank. I think the next episode will open with a pan over his dead body.
I doubt they'd go about it that way. This may be Hank's swan song (or not) but even if it is, he'll get a better send off than that. He is after all the 3rd most important character, and he's been there since episode one
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 06:02 PM   #415
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Mojochi wrote: View Post
InklingStar wrote: View Post
I think we have seen the last of Hank. I think the next episode will open with a pan over his dead body.
I doubt they'd go about it that way. This may be Hank's swan song (or not) but even if it is, he'll get a better send off than that. He is after all the 3rd most important character, and he's been there since episode one
I doubt that it's a consideration, especially with the last few episodes until the series finale.

Breaking Bad is Walt's story and everybody else supports this story. If Hank's death serves the story in any kind of way i doubt Gilligan would hesitate to kill him off.

We don't know how the show will end other than some cryptic remark that Walt will end it his way (or something like that) so Hank's death may be positive in relation to Walt being goaded into action or it will ever draw him deeper into everything until he snaps.

We'll know soon enough.
Old September 15 2013, 06:56 PM   #416
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

I could see Hank dying as something that would deeply destroy Walt. He's a bad dude but he still views Hank as family and if Hank dies directly as a result of him that might completely shift the character.
Old September 15 2013, 10:15 PM   #417
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post
I could see Hank dying as something that would deeply destroy Walt. He's a bad dude but he still views Hank as family and if Hank dies directly as a result of him that might completely shift the character.
Once again... The show is called Breaking Bad, not "Breaking Bad, then not too Bad".

Why he still has some small morals the only reason why he might care that his brother-in-law is dead is because it gets in the way of the last few months alive being happy.

There are three episodes left, there is nothing to lose from killing everyone and anyone on the show.
Old September 15 2013, 10:29 PM   #418
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

According to Vince Gilligan, "Ozymandias" is his favorite episode of the entire series, so I'm assuming some major shit is going to go down in tonight's episode (especially after last week's jaw-dropping cliffhanger).

Also, another interesting tidbit: Rian Johnson directed tonight's episode. Johnson is known for his film work such as Brick, Brothers Bloom and Looper but has directed a couple episodes of Breaking Bad in the past. So this one should be a dozy.
Old September 15 2013, 10:34 PM   #419
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

I think Jessie survives this episode but Hank does not, and Walt ends up enslaved as a meth manufacturer to these people in order to protect his family and Jesse.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:03 AM   #420
Agent Richard07
Admiral

God damn! "Ozymandias" was probably the most gut-wrenching episode yet. It was gripping yet hard to watch.

I've also never seen a show where the credits were literally halfway through an episode.

I'd like to say that Walt pretty much confessed over the phone when all Skyler did was tell the police that he took Holly, but it looks like everything was unravelling anyway.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote