CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old August 4 2013, 12:26 AM   #1
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Just got Blood and Chrome on Blu ray

Now I don't know anything about this. Absolutely nothing but it was going for not very much on Amazon so I thought it was worth a punt. So I shall post my thoughts as it goes along. Anyone who wants to say anything spoilerish is welcome since I never read anyone else's posts until I've finished it anyway.
Old August 5 2013, 02:53 AM   #2
Lookingglassman
Admiral

Re: Just got Blood and Chrome on Blu ray

I actually thought it was pretty good.
Old August 5 2013, 03:23 PM   #3
KaraBear
Captain

I hate to say it but I didn't love it.

What I did really like was the very end

Spoiler...

When the half robotic arm grabbed him and asked in Six's voice "are you alive?"
Old August 6 2013, 01:04 AM   #4
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Having just watched it, I have to say KaraBear that you have misremembered what actually happened.

I think it was actually very good, despite the big black screen Dah dah DAH, Young Frankenstein cutaways. If they had just edited all that shite out it would have been a decent graphic novel action thriller in the style of Sin City. If they had presented it as a graphic novel it would have been even better received IMO. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow carved that path for everyone. Nevertheless it was jolly good and kept me guessing till quite close to the end.
Old August 7 2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Wereghost
Part-time poltergeist.

Its a good romp with a talented and interesting cast, and would probably have made for a good series in its own right (cost and continuity issues aside).
Old August 7 2013, 01:45 AM   #6
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I was just thinking of this the other day. I enjoyed it in parts on YouTube in the fall, but thought it would be better viewing all at once. I recorded, but deleted it on my DVR without watching it, because I wanted to save space.

One question, do they actually curse? In the YouTube version and I imagine the SyFy one, you'd hear background noise, like wrenches dropping on the flight deck to mask their cursing (aside from "frak"). It was a bit annoying, just enough to pull me out of it for a second.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old August 7 2013, 03:06 AM   #7
Lookingglassman
Admiral

Any word on any more BSG movies coming out? I sure miss this series.
Old August 7 2013, 12:42 PM   #8
The Dead Mixer
Vice Admiral

^^I never saw the censored version, but they said in the commentary that it involved silly noises being put over the curse words. And of course, on the DVD you also get the now-obligatory boobies.
Old August 8 2013, 03:05 AM   #9
Dead Possum
An Ex-Awesome Possum

View Dead Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Dead Possum Send a message via AIM to Dead Possum

The first half was decent, the second goes downhill quickly.
Old September 4 2013, 04:30 PM   #10
KaraBear
Captain

Deckerd wrote: View Post
Having just watched it, I have to say KaraBear that you have misremembered what actually happened.

I think it was actually very good, despite the big black screen Dah dah DAH, Young Frankenstein cutaways. If they had just edited all that shite out it would have been a decent graphic novel action thriller in the style of Sin City. If they had presented it as a graphic novel it would have been even better received IMO. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow carved that path for everyone. Nevertheless it was jolly good and kept me guessing till quite close to the end.
no, I don't misremember, I just didn't care for it
Old September 6 2013, 07:03 PM   #11
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

It seemed to be an interesting hybrid between TOS and NuBSG. They definitely seemed to focus more on the whiz-bang battle scenes (a big departure from Caprica), while preserving some of the in-universe aspects and production values of RDM's version. I think it was a decent addition to the mythology, even if Husker's Viper was not the one he was said to have used in the beginning of 2003. I still wish they had used Nico Cortez from "Razor", but I understand they wanted someone a bit younger to play the role. Is what it is...