Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

View Poll Results: Strongest ship in the Federation fleet during the Dominion War
Galaxy Class 24 77.42%
Defiant Class 5 16.13%
Akira Class 1 3.23%
Excelsior Class 0 0%
Steamrunner Class 0 0%
Norway Class 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 10 2013, 05:29 PM   #61
Sran
Commodore

Re: What is the strongest ship in the Federation fleet in the Dominion

kgartm1185 wrote:
It's canon not cannon. And anyways it's called using your eyes and that the Akira class was in a sense a "torpedo cruiser".
Unless one can actually count fifteen torpedo launchers on the vessel, there's no reason to accept that information as fact. Also, given that you were the one whining about how you were treated last week, you're not doing yourself any favors by mouthing off or rolling your eyes at me. Knock it off. Or do you still want that beating I promised you?

--Sran
Old August 10 2013, 08:09 PM   #62
Shatna
Grand Lord Admiral

Sran wrote: View Post
kgartm1185 wrote:
It's canon not cannon. And anyways it's called using your eyes and that the Akira class was in a sense a "torpedo cruiser".
Unless one can actually count fifteen torpedo launchers on the vessel, there's no reason to accept that information as fact. Also, given that you were the one whining about how you were treated last week, you're not doing yourself any favors by mouthing off or rolling your eyes at me. Knock it off. Or do you still want that beating I promised you?

--Sran
What part of my earlier notices did you not understand? Knock off the ass-beating and other threats. Enjoy your day off.
Old August 11 2013, 08:01 AM   #63
Seventh White Boomer
Rear Admiral

I know it isn't listed, but what about the Nebula class? It's basically a more compact Galaxy so it could have a powerplant equal to the Galaxy to power its shields and a pretty similar weapons loadout. Throw in that oversized triangular pod, which has at least one torpedo launcher, it could be better armed than the Galaxy.

I haven't seen "The Wounded" in a long time, but was there any comparison between the Phoenix and the Enterprise that could be used as an example on how the Nebula stacks up against the Galaxy class?
Seventh White Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2013, 10:15 AM   #64
StarMan
Vice Admiral

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
^ indeed. That is a shame though. Just like their is no concrete evidence Sovereign classes fought. Would it have been so hard to have flexed some cash to make digital models of those ships for Dominion Campaigns?

I voted Galaxy though.
It was asked at the time as it was a bit perplexing we never saw this brand spanking new class anywhere in the fleet. Apparently, TPTB in the studio wanted to 'save' the Sovereign class for the big screen.
Old August 11 2013, 07:20 PM   #65
M.A.C.O.
Fleet Captain

^ I thought that embargo was only for the Enterprise-E. The Sovereign class truly only flexed her muscles in FC and NEM. The fight against the Scimatar alone proves the sovereign class is extremely tough. I just wish they did more with the Sovereign class in the films. Looking at you INS >_>.

Last edited by M.A.C.O.; August 11 2013 at 08:53 PM.
M.A.C.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2013, 07:55 PM   #66
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

Jono wrote: View Post
I know it isn't listed, but what about the Nebula class? It's basically a more compact Galaxy so it could have a powerplant equal to the Galaxy to power its shields and a pretty similar weapons loadout. Throw in that oversized triangular pod, which has at least one torpedo launcher, it could be better armed than the Galaxy.

I haven't seen "The Wounded" in a long time, but was there any comparison between the Phoenix and the Enterprise that could be used as an example on how the Nebula stacks up against the Galaxy class?
I think the intention was that the Phoenix was a smaller ship, despite the Galaxy parts being reused. Later, with the CGI model that directly used the Galaxy saucer, with all the windows intact, you have to retcon that it always was a counterpart to the Galaxy, like the Miranda to the Constitution.
Old August 11 2013, 09:11 PM   #67
Sran
Commodore

Shatna wrote: View Post
What part of my earlier notices did you not understand? Knock off the ass-beating and other threats. Enjoy your day off.
Oh, I did enjoy it. Frankly, I'm impressed you pulled the trigger on this one.

--Sran
Old August 12 2013, 03:35 AM   #68
kgartm1185
Lieutenant

Jono wrote: View Post

Yes, I know, I forgot about that ship.
"The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it is scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth. It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard, 2368
kgartm1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 05:09 AM   #69
Shatna
Grand Lord Admiral

Sran wrote: View Post
Shatna wrote: View Post
Oh, I did enjoy it. Frankly, I'm impressed you pulled the trigger on this one.

--Sran
I can't even begin to describe what that means to me.
Old August 13 2013, 09:00 PM   #70
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Typically if another user annoys me to the point I want to "beat their ass" I can make them go away forever by typing their name into that ignore box in the control panel.