CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old September 10 2013, 02:34 AM   #496
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: Would you rather?

Orac wrote: View Post
Would you rather share a bed with Captain Janeway or Worf?
Janeway every day and twice on Sundays. I'd even lie there through one of her self-righteous lectures.

Would you rather try learning to operate a Jem'Hadar warship or a Klingon bird-of-prey?

--Sran
Old September 10 2013, 04:27 PM   #497
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

A bird-of-prey. I like the way it banks and turns.

Would you rather design the next Klingon ship, Dominion ship, Cardassian ship, or Romulan ship?
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2013, 05:55 PM   #498
Nightdiamond
Fleet Captain

bbjeg wrote: View Post
A bird-of-prey. I like the way it banks and turns.

Would you rather design the next Klingon ship, Dominion ship, Cardassian ship, or Romulan ship?
A Klingon ship --they seem more creative in their different designs. And they are weapons oriented--it would seem more fun to design one of theirs.

As a single ship in a battle against five Jem Hadar 'bug' ships would you rather have...

A powerful Romulan ship with a working cloak but weaker shields, but can escape (they cant see through the cloak).

A Galaxy Class ship that can hit multiple targets in any direction, improved phasers, but weaker shields (no shield enhancements).

A Defiant class ship with powerful phasers, tough shields but can only fire in one direction and has no cloak and can only go at impulse?
Nightdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2013, 07:30 PM   #499
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

The Romulan ship. The Galaxy Class can take their shots but is a kamikaze away from destruction and the Defiant can only take so much, five ship might be one too many. I'll go the covert route.

Would you rather accept the blame for the despicable act you caused in starfleet or cover it up, knowing no one can trace it to you?
Old September 10 2013, 08:12 PM   #500
Nine of Four
Commander

bbjeg wrote: View Post
The Romulan ship. The Galaxy Class can take their shots but is a kamikaze away from destruction and the Defiant can only take so much, five ship might be one too many. I'll go the covert route.

Would you rather accept the blame for the despicable act you caused in starfleet or cover it up, knowing no one can trace it to you?
Cover it up. I have no conscience.

Would you rather be on a planet and be hit by a photon torpedoe or a crashing ship??
Old September 11 2013, 02:23 AM   #501
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

If I'm on a planet and a photon torpedo hits me directly, I'm a goner. If I'm on a ship that's going to crash, I think I have slightly better odds of getting out alive, depending in the circumstances. I'll take the ship.

If you were trapped alone in a drifting shuttlepod, waiting to be rescued, would you rather pin your hopes of rescue on Riker, Chakotay or Trip?
antichristhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2013, 03:14 AM   #502
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

Trip. I think he tries the hardest when it comes to saving someone who isn't senior staff. Though if I were senior staff, I'd pick Riker.

Would you rather, as a Q, "trial" Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer, or Kirk in an task of your choosing?
Old September 11 2013, 04:27 AM   #503
Supreme Dittodrone
Vice Admiral

To the best of my knowledge, Archer's the only one in the list not "tested" by a Q (if you count Trelane, with Kirk). So--let's try out the new.

Would you rather work with Sisko on his solar-sail ship, or Tom Paris on the Delta Flyer?

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Supreme Dittodrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2013, 03:44 PM   #504
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

With Paris. Zooming around in the Delta Flyer sounds fun.

After being released by the Borg you gain control of a cube's distribution node. Would you rather free all the aliens on the cube or make them your hive?
Old September 11 2013, 09:52 PM   #505
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

Free them. Being part of a collective sounds awful.

If you had to live permanently on the base/vehicle of one show, would you rather live out your years on the TNG Enterprise, the DS9 station, or the Abramsverse Enterprise?
antichristhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2013, 11:35 PM   #506
Nightdiamond
Fleet Captain

auntiehill wrote: View Post
If you had to live permanently on the base/vehicle of one show, would you rather live out your years on the TNG Enterprise, the DS9 station, or the Abramsverse Enterprise?
I would choose DS9, but it was just too damned risky and tense there. The Cardassians, The Klingon attack, the Dominion threatening to come through it at any moment...

I don't know enough about the Abram's universe yet to make a solid opinion.

The Enterprise, because it was made for comfort, and relatively quiet, but just enough adventure to be cool.

If you could see a Trek character get slobbering, obnoxious, clothes-throwing-off drunk at a party, would you rather see it be-

Captain Janeway
Dr. Crusher
T'Pol
Worf
Lt.Uhura
Spock
Nightdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 12:09 AM   #507
TheGoodStuff
Lieutenant Commander

Nightdiamond wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
I would choose DS9, but it was just too damned risky and tense there. The Cardassians, The Klingon attack, the Dominion threatening to come through it at any moment...

I don't know enough about the Abram's universe yet to make a solid opinion.

The Enterprise, because it was made for comfort, and relatively quiet, but just enough adventure to be cool.

If you could see a Trek character get slobbering, obnoxious, clothes-throwing-off drunk at a party, would you rather see it be-

Captain Janeway
Dr. Crusher
T'Pol
Worf
Lt.Uhura
Spock
I'll say T'pol, I cant help but feel she would be hilarious once her TRUE feelings were laid out.

"Yo Trip, you are fuh-iiiine baybeh....Jonny, stop looking at my ass on the bridge when I scan for lifesigns....wooo!" *collapses*

At university, you have to sit through a weekly, 3-hour lecture for the entire semester but you get to pick what it is....

1. Data: Fascinating Nebulae - Their composition.
2. Janeway: Ethics & Morality
3. Troi: Empathizing with others.
4. T'pol: Drug Addiction
5. Keiko: Botany
6. Chakoty: Native Belief Systems.

Which do you choose?
#1. DS9 #2. TNG #3. VOY #4.ENT #5.TOS
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
TheGoodStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 09:13 AM   #508
blueshirt
Lieutenant Commander

Data and the nebulae. I'd listen to lectures on nebulae anyway.

For a 12-hour day of filming, would you rather wear 24th-century Klingon, Ferengi, Cardassian, or Jem'Hadar makeup? Assume you have a small part with a few lines but the script requires you to be on set most of the day.
blueshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 12:12 PM   #509
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

A Klingon, just to be a Klingon. Though, acting-wise, I'd make a crappy Klingon.

Would you rather be a main character for an episode of any series where you die at the end or have a non-speaking role for 5 random episodes?
Old September 12 2013, 01:33 PM   #510
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Just being me, I'd like the 5 episodes better just so I can be around the show more longer. And who knows, I could turn into Morn or Ayala or something. If I was a professional actor padding a resume the answer might be different.

Would you rather write a Trek episode script or direct someone else's story?