Nimoy Memories From Friends and Family
By: T'Bonz on Jul 1

Stewart: It’s in My Genes
By: T'Bonz on Jun 30

Star Trek Beyond
By: T'Bonz on Jun 30

Trek-themed Car Accessories
By: T'Bonz on Jun 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old August 8 2014, 03:00 AM   #631
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Re: FLASH series being developed for The CW

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I want a Prison Break reunion so let's have Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), the Clock King (Robert Knepper) and the new Count Vertigo (Peter Stormare) all in one episode.

That would indeed be cool...and it would make their escape from Prison a little more believable.

Any other cast that ought to be there? Oh...William FIchtner? Amuary Nalasco? Jodi Lyn O Keefe?
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 06:24 AM   #632
JD
Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Nothing I've heard about the movies makes me eager to see them tied into the CWDC universe. I suspect it's better off without them.
Me too. Things often go pretty bad when they decide to try to tie these kinds of things together after both have been developed separately.
The reason Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D worked out as well as it did is because it was developed from the start as a spinoff of the MCU movies.
Old August 8 2014, 03:05 PM   #633
Christopher
Writer

JD wrote: View Post
Me too. Things often go pretty bad when they decide to try to tie these kinds of things together after both have been developed separately.
The reason Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D worked out as well as it did is because it was developed from the start as a spinoff of the MCU movies.
And it's questionable how well AoS did, in fact, work out. The first 2/3 of the season were rather underwhelming because they were compelled to keep their big story arcs in reserve until after The Winter Soldier came out. Being tied into a movie universe can be inhibiting for a TV series. If Arrow and The Flash are tied only to each other, it gives them more freedom and flexibility than if they had to accommodate storylines from the feature films.
Old August 8 2014, 03:48 PM   #634
Agent Richard07
Admiral

SHIELD as an organization was pretty much intertwined with the movies so the show had to work around what was going on there. That wouldn't necessarily be the case with Arrow, Flash and the DC movies. Each hero works independently in their own cities and don't necessarily depend on what the others are doing or on some larger scheme. The only movie event I can think of that a DC show would have to deal with or work around is an alien invasion from Darkseid or something along those lines.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 04:20 PM   #635
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

The Flash opens the possibility of the multiverse. The movies and tv shows could be completely separate worlds. But that does not eliminate a potential crossover at some point.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 04:42 PM   #636
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Possibility? It's more like a guarantee. Heck, the opening sequence of the pilot episode features time traveling already.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 04:52 PM   #637
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Nothing I've heard about the movies makes me eager to see them tied into the CWDC universe. I suspect it's better off without them.
Agents of Shield did get good in its second half, but I think it would have been even better if it had been a standalone show. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to write a show when you're so severely restricted in what you can do.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 05:06 PM   #638
Christopher
Writer

I would've been content if they'd delayed AoS's premiere 1-2 more months so that the Winter Soldier fallout would've come at midseason instead of episode 17 out of 22. We got 16 episodes of the show unable to reveal what its arc was really about and 6 episodes where it was free to cut loose, and that wasn't a good balance.
Old August 8 2014, 06:31 PM   #639
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the people of Starling will constantly complain about how lame their city is now?

With all the others major metropols having a super fast guy, a superhuman amazon or a god-like alien that can do everything while they got... a guy with a bow! At least Starling is not a dump like Gotham, though.

Could get frustrating for Ollie after a while.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 06:44 PM   #640
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Timelord Victorious wrote: View Post
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the people of Starling will constantly complain about how lame their city is now?

With all the others major metropols having a super fast guy, a superhuman amazon or a god-like alien that can do everything while they got... a guy with a bow! At least Starling is not a dump like Gotham, though.

They are truly the Charlie Brown of superhero cities.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 08:42 PM   #641
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

What about the poor city that has to deal with the guy who talks to fish? King of the sea? Really? Very lame city.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 09:31 PM   #642
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Timelord Victorious wrote: View Post

"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 10:04 PM   #643
Christopher
Writer

Icemizer wrote: View Post
What about the poor city that has to deal with the guy who talks to fish? King of the sea? Really? Very lame city.
But the sea is, like, 3/4 of the planet. So the king of the sea is automatically the most powerful political leader on Earth. Also? The total biomass of fish on the planet is some 20 times greater than the total biomass of humans. Plus "fish" includes sharks. Are you sure you want to call a guy lame when he can sic a sharknado on you?

And anyone who can endure the crushing pressures and frigid cold of the deep, and survive down there without air, would have to be incredibly strong, durable, and adaptable. Not to mention the incredibly keen sense of sight and night vision he'd need down there, and hearing keen enough to discern individual sounds out of the endless cacophony of the seas.

And let's not forget -- this is a guy who once beat a bad guy by throwing a polar bear at him.

And that was even before he grew an awesome beard and started telling stories about his mighty exploits. Like "The Time I Grew an Awesome Beard and Started Telling Stories About My Mighty Exploits."
Old August 8 2014, 10:53 PM   #644
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Countries are determined by 200 miles from their beaches out to sea before international waters start.

For Arthur that would be in reverse.

His kingdom would still stretch from the beach inland for 200 miles into other peoples countries.

Of course there's only a problem (war) if he tells the surface dwellers this, or tries to collect taxes.

Besides.

When he says King of the Seas, he really means King of Earth.

If Aliens show up, and say who's in charge, his hand would go straight up right quick.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2014, 10:57 PM   #645
davejames
Vice Admiral

Heh, Zach Snyder just made a lot of the same arguments to a radio station that was dissing Aquaman (and also strongly hinted in the process that he would be in the new movie).

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121633
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote