Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 25 2014, 05:00 PM   #511
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Re: FLASH series being developed for The CW

Interesting. I'll wait to watch it on my TV I think.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 05:13 AM   #512
Technobuilder
Commodore

As pilots go, they set the stage and introduced elements that will most definitely pay off in seasons to come.

I enjoyed the introduction of "Metahumans" into the Arrowverse and feel confident that we'll get to see more and more "Powers" showing up now that the cat is out of the bag.

As long as they can maintain the tone of realism within a fantastic universe, I think everything will work out just fine.

...and that ending!
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 09:41 AM   #513
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Why do all the (contemporaries of Barry's) actors look so young?

They're supposed to be early 20s, but they all look 15?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; June 26 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 06:35 PM   #514
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Certainly, it's good for my Tuesdays. But I probably would have been happy with my Wednesdays being Arrow and Flash instead. I'm glad Agents of SHIELD and Flash aren't directly competing, but I'm not sure why Flash and Arrow aren't on the same night.
You're gonna love this: up here in Canada, all three shows have their broadcast rights held by the same TV network: BellMedia's CTV arm. I think CTV would be annoyed by any attempt to put SHIELD into direct competition with any DC-derived show on the US side of the border. They likely couldn't stop the decision from being taken, but it would annoy them.

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 07:01 PM   #515
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Can I just suggest that for those of you using alternate means to watch the pilot early that you use spoiler code for any episode details not already made available from watching the trailer. Nothing has been given away so far but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 09:26 PM   #516
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

If you are willing to pay me ten million dollars... Sure.

Old June 26 2014, 10:52 PM   #517
JD
Admiral

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it, but I'm going wait and watch it legally.
We also have a premiere date now for when we will be able to do exactly that, October 7th.
Old June 27 2014, 12:40 AM   #518
urbandefault
Captain

I wouldn't mind seeing it early, but hell. I can't even keep up with shows I like that are on tv now. :/

I just caught Arrow for the first time this season last night, because wife and I were both home at the same time and nothing "better" was on.
Old June 27 2014, 02:16 AM   #519
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I really, really liked it.

So far, it seems like its DC's best attempt at a television show in a very long time. While they made some changes here and there, the brunt of the story is there, Barry actually is the Flash (as opposed to whoever the fuck was in Smallville; it sure as hell wasn't Supes), there's tons of potential for the villians, several of his rogue's gallery have already made an appearance (or at least have been hinted at; I loved the sign in Star Labs especially), and they're even including some of the cooler aspects of recent comics in the story from the very start.

All in all, looking forward to seeing what they do with it. It's not going to be a boring emofest like Arrow, and it doesn't look to be a teen emofest like Smallville, so it's already miles ahead of the pack.
Old June 27 2014, 03:30 AM   #520
Xerxus
Lieutenant Commander

I think we're just getting old. Their ages:
Barry (24)
Iris (26)
Caitlin (26)
Cisco Ramon ( ?)
Eddie Thawn ( 31)
Xerxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 03:49 AM   #521
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post

So far, it seems like its DC's best attempt at a television show in a very long time. While they made some changes here and there, the brunt of the story is there, Barry actually is the Flash (as opposed to whoever the fuck was in Smallville; it sure as hell wasn't Supes), there's tons of potential for the villians, several of his rogue's gallery have already made an appearance (or at least have been hinted at; I loved the sign in Star Labs especially), and they're even including some of the cooler aspects of recent comics in the story from the very start.

All in all, looking forward to seeing what they do with it. It's not going to be a boring emofest like Arrow, and it doesn't look to be a teen emofest like Smallville, so it's already miles ahead of the pack.
At the end of his comic in the 80s, Barry goes to live in the future with Iris(or is it the other wife?), the 30th century, where they have Twins. One of the twins has a Son called Bart Allen, who grows up to be Impulse, travels back in time to the 20th century, and then Kid Flash and then Flash... And that's who was on Smallville.

"Impulse" not "Flash".

Bart's mother actually had a fling with Captain Boomerang, which is how Bart wound up with a Super speedster Brother called captain Boomerang Jr who could not make up his mind if he was a hero or a villain.

Old June 28 2014, 05:40 PM   #522
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I thought about checking out the pilot but that 'Promotional Purposes Only' tag at the bottom is too distracting so I'll wait the 3½ months.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 06:03 PM   #523
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yeah same here. Much as I hate waiting, the quality just wasn't nearly good enough.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2014, 10:15 PM   #524
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Have you boys ever heard the legend of the Princess and the Pea?

Old June 28 2014, 11:10 PM   #525
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post

I'd broadly agree with all (in particular that we get straight into the action) that with only a couple of minor exceptions the main one being:

JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote