Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Closed Thread

Old July 27 2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Captain McBain
Captain

Location: Being congratulated on the bridge of the Enterprise after making captain
Boring Questions

What is your favorite Star Trek episode? Your favorite captain? Your least-favorite episode? I'm sorry, but I'm afraid to be creative in my questions now, lest a moderator block the thread!
Old July 27 2013, 04:40 PM   #2
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Boring Questions

I find "General Trek" to be full of boring questions, "your favourite klingon?", "your favourite Borg designation?", "your favourite floor of the E-D?" etc, so I tend to avoid it. However your thread has intrigued me. What question did you ask that was deemed to be too interesting for this board?
Old July 27 2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Wintertainment
Fleet Captain

well he has a thread in MA complaining that a thread comparing a terminator to various trek characters was closed. so i'm guessing this thread is the result. good luck with that.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old July 27 2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Captain McBain
Captain

Location: Being congratulated on the bridge of the Enterprise after making captain

MikeS wrote: View Post
I find "General Trek" to be full of boring questions, "your favourite klingon?", "your favourite Borg designation?", "your favourite floor of the E-D?" etc, so I tend to avoid it. However your thread has intrigued me. What question did you ask that was deemed to be too interesting for this board?
No, I asked a question in the sci-fi board. I wanted to compare the resourcefulness of the T-1000 with the resourcefulness of Data, the EMH, and Odo. I think that's a great question.

The moderators thought it was 'fluff' and stupid and closed the thread. Which is utterly ridiculous, because people were responding to the thread, which shows that there was interest in the question. For the life of me I cannot understand why such a question would be considered stupid, but these moderators evidently don't want non-Star Trek characters compared to Star Trek characters; although not explicitly stated, it's 'common sense' (according to a mod) that you should realize that these threads are forbidden on TrekBBS.

Talk about being way too serious and closing a good thread. I suppose I'll stick to asking people what their favorite episode in Season 6 is.
Old July 27 2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Wintertainment
Fleet Captain

just checked that thread. most responded to it in a humorous fashion. they recognised the whole sillyness of it. the thread was called 'T-1000 makes ensign'

but anyway all that's off topic. currently in general trek, i'd say the most boring question is 'trek blogs?' based purely on the question and not the content, though 'boring questions' comes a close second.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old July 27 2013, 05:01 PM   #6
MikeS
Fleet Captain

MikeS wrote: View Post
I find "General Trek" to be full of boring questions
I take this back I just had great fun reading "The Single Worst Line of Dialogue in the entire Star Trek Franchise" thread.
Old July 27 2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Wintertainment
Fleet Captain

'could gangsta rap survive in the federation?' is a pretty unique question too

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old July 27 2013, 05:06 PM   #8
Captain McBain
Captain

junxon wrote: View Post
just checked that thread. most responded to it in a humorous fashion. they recognised the whole sillyness of it. the thread was called 'T-1000 makes ensign'

but anyway all that's off topic. currently in general trek, i'd say the most boring question is 'trek blogs?' based purely on the question and not the content, though 'boring questions' comes a close second.
Definitely a few responded in an intelligent way to move the conversation forward. It's not silly; it's hypothetical. How many 'what if' threads are created on TrekBBS? Are all of them closed? And I intentionally created a catchy title so to draw more people into the thread.

It wasn't a stupid question. The moderators apparently don't like creativity on this site, so again, I'll stick to boring questions we've all heard 400 times.
Old July 27 2013, 05:12 PM   #9
Mysterion
Rear Admiral

Captain McBain wrote: View Post
What is your favorite Star Trek episode? Your favorite captain? Your least-favorite episode? I'm sorry, but I'm afraid to be creative in my questions now, lest a moderator block the thread!
Favorite episode? The Visitor (DS9)

Least-Favorite episode? And the Children Shall Lead (TOS)

Favorite Captain? Edward Jellico (Chains of Command, TNG)
Old July 27 2013, 05:18 PM   #10
Captain McBain
Captain

Mysterion wrote: View Post
Favorite episode? The Visitor (DS9)

Least-Favorite episode? And the Children Shall Lead (TOS)

Favorite Captain? Edward Jellico (Chains of Command, TNG)
Wow! Jellico's your favorite? You like him more than Janeway and Archer?
Old July 27 2013, 05:19 PM   #11
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Give me a break.

Starting a protest thread is not a great way to make your point.

T'Bonz made herself pretty clear. Deal with it.

Please don't do this again.

"Hailing Frequencies Closed."
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Closed Thread