MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old July 22 2013, 07:58 PM   #76
Trevacious
Captain

Re: 50th Anniversary Trailer Description

All-Seeing I wrote: View Post
The way I took it: he'd regenerated recently, just time enough to recover from its effects and get back on the trail of the Nestenes. The photos that Clive showed Rose - the Doctor did a bit of travelling between leaving Rose with Mickey, and then deciding to go back and dangle the time-travel carrot in front of her.
Yep, perfect opportunity, right there. And those solo travels may have convinced him again that he needed a companion and to try again with Rose.

(After a stop off to play Father Christmas when she was 12, perhaps, haha.)
Trevacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 08:01 PM   #77
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post

At any rate, my main point was that they should've hired McGann.
So you wanted them to say the 8th Doctor was unworthy of the name?

Do the words internet s@#t storm mean anything to you?
It would've further developed a character that long-term fans have known. So I think it adds to the story.

For new fans, it's really no different than the route the show actually seems to be taking.

Those types of storms are actually pretty amusing to watch!

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 08:11 PM   #78
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

The trailer description sounds very cool but it is disappointing that BBC has decided to never release that trailer. I really don't understand the point of that. Some kind of time delay, sure, but never? That only pisses people off.

However, I'm more bummed out that I missed the trailer for An Adventure in Time and Space while it was briefly online. I had to go to Germany this weekend.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 08:16 PM   #79
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Not RIGHT NOW, no. But this stuff does ultimately become available in one form or another, right? In the meantime, licensees are with the rest of us plebes who an't afford to go to SDCC...

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 08:20 PM   #80
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Emh wrote: View Post
However, I'm more bummed out that I missed the trailer for An Adventure in Time and Space while it was briefly online. I had to go to Germany this weekend.
It looks like the spiritual sequel to The Hour (the Ben Whishaw, Romola Garai, Dominic West series). But with Daleks and Cybermen.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 09:14 PM   #81
captain crow
Fleet Captain

Location: Onboard a sliver dog bone shaped satellite in Earth orbit

Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
And people really do seem to forget about all the Ninth Doctor pictures, images and what not, and all of whom clearly showcase him alone, without a companion in sight.
Rose could have been just out of shot, separated from him at the time, left in the TARDIS, or on the crapper when the pictures where taken. It's also possible she originally was in some of the pictures but they've been cropped to focus on the Doctor.
Old July 22 2013, 09:26 PM   #82
diankra
Commodore

captain crow wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
And people really do seem to forget about all the Ninth Doctor pictures, images and what not, and all of whom clearly showcase him alone, without a companion in sight.
Rose could have been just out of shot, separated from him at the time, left in the TARDIS, or on the crapper when the pictures where taken. It's also possible she originally was in some of the pictures but they've been cropped to focus on the Doctor.
Or maybe, when someone suggested taking a photo, Rose realised "Hold on, Clive showed me this photo, and I wasn't in it, so I'd better make an excuse to stay out of it."

Last edited by diankra; July 22 2013 at 11:40 PM.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 01:26 AM   #83
Irvy
Commander

The first time I saw "Rose", I commented that by having the TARDIS dematerialise and immediately return, they had created a little "gap" that could be filled by endless Big Finish audios starring Ecclestone. It makes sense that those solo appearances Clive showed her were from that gap. We just have to wait until he needs the money
Irvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 01:31 AM   #84
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Irvy wrote: View Post
The first time I saw "Rose", I commented that by having the TARDIS dematerialise and immediately return, they had created a little "gap" that could be filled by endless Big Finish audios starring Ecclestone. It makes sense that those solo appearances Clive showed her were from that gap. We just have to wait until he needs the money
Yup, I didn't know about Big Finish yet, at the time, but, I immediately said you could stick any number of years into those couple of seconds (Any time he goes into the TARDIS by himself and dematerializes, there is room for anything to be written in extended Universe)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 01:32 AM   #85
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Irvy wrote: View Post
Ecclestone.
Every day, I'm tempted to set up a custom word filter in this forum that replaces "Ecclestone" with "Eccleston."
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 01:32 AM   #86
Photoman15
Fleet Captain

Till who needs the money?
Old July 23 2013, 01:46 AM   #87
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

I think it'll be a good long wait until Eccleston, who takes high-paying roles in major Hollywood claptrap when he needs money, is desperate enough that whatever Big Finish can come up with will be tempting. If you want to hope for Eccleston audios, you'd be better off hoping he gives in to the temptation to expand his Doctor without the production culture and "senior people" he objected to. And, of course, that the BBC decides to license something like that out in the first place.
Old July 23 2013, 03:06 AM   #88
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

What the fuck is the BBC's problem? Seriously, why not release a damn trailer? The UK fans deserve it because they pay for the show. Fans all over the world deserve it because without us there wouldn't BE a damn show.

It's a trailer. It serves to get the fans of your show excited. What is the damn problem with releasing it? I am so sick and tired of this secrecy stuff that surrounds Doctor Who. It makes no sense.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 03:26 AM   #89
The Wormhole
Admiral

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
What the fuck is the BBC's problem? Seriously, why not release a damn trailer? The UK fans deserve it because they pay for the show. Fans all over the world deserve it because without us there wouldn't BE a damn show.

It's a trailer. It serves to get the fans of your show excited. What is the damn problem with releasing it? I am so sick and tired of this secrecy stuff that surrounds Doctor Who. It makes no sense.
While I agree it is pretty damn stupid not to release the trailer, this is not secrecy. Secrecy would be to not even have a trailer or any presence at Comic-Con at all. You know, like JJ Abrams and his Star Trek movies. As it currently stands, we know a lot more about the 50th Anniversary four months in advance than we did about STID in January. Hell, just knowing for a fact that John Hurt is playing a darker incarnation of the Doctor is more than Abrams revealed about Benedict Cumberbatch the entire 16 month period following his casting and the movie's release.
Old July 23 2013, 03:36 AM   #90
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Yeah you're right. But still.....it's senseless not to release the trailer. All people will do is get excited.

Okay, so it was a Comic Con treat? Fine, that means they got to see it before the rest of the world. But exactly how is it a bad thing if the rest of the world gets to see it?
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote