RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,148
Posts: 5,402,097
Members: 24,749
Currently online: 612
Newest member: Legends

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 27 2013, 05:38 PM   #961
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Pretty decent fan made superman vs Batman trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U4he3GgC4
That's actually a pretty good teaser.. i could easily mistake that as an official teaser.
Agreed. If nothing else, it makes very clear that this movie is probably going to look cool as hell no matter who is playing Batman. And something that people will absolutely need to see.

I also got a kick out of this "bootleg-style" TV spot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge17K8_I1LU
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 09:51 PM   #962
superdeluxe
Captain
 
superdeluxe's Avatar
 
Location: Seattle
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Actor Matt Damon chimes in on his good friend Ben Affleck's decision to play Batman in the Man of Steel sequel, stating, "I think it will be great. It will be terrific. I know there are a lot of people grousing on the internet. I just think it's kind of funny." He continued, "You know, he's not playing King Lear. It's Batman! Certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw Argo or The Town, and all the work he's been doing lately, it's way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman! Batman just sits there with his cowl over his head and whispers in a kinda gruff voice at people. Bruce Wayne is the more challenging part of the role, and Ben will be great at that."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=86071

This will not sit well with Batman fans.
__________________
Star Trek 2009 is Canon. It is in an Alternate Reality.

Star Trek 250+ million or Bust!
superdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 10:20 PM   #963
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Ha, probably not, but I still think it was a funny statement. People just take this shit way too seriously.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 10:30 PM   #964
foxhot
Fleet Captain
 
foxhot's Avatar
 
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

In the end, it's playing Bruce Wayne that actually matters. I believe Affleck is up to the challenge, DAREDEVIL or not. He played George Reeves and Superman capably enough. And Affleck's DOGMA role has one of the greatest character arcs ever.

For those who are horrified at the prospect of BatFleck.....I was probably equally horrified at the thought of my least favorite contemporary actor at the time taking on the part of my most favorite comics hero ever. But we all know how IRON MAN turned out in 2008.
__________________
''Man in red shirt: Scotty, or dead. Woman in red shirt: Uhura, or love interest.''
foxhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 11:40 PM   #965
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

I seem to remembering some grumbling about Chris Hemsworth as Thor. The internet's favorite was the guy who plays the viking vampire on TRUE BLOOD, not some guy who played Kirk's dad for ten minutes in the Trek reboot. And he was Australian for pete's sake. Whoever heard of an Australian viking?

But, you know, it turned out the filmmakers knew what they were doing.

And I remember people grumbling that the guy who played the Human Torch couldn't possibly play Captain America, too, 'cause they were completely different characters . . . and everyone knows that actors can only play the same kind of character over and over . . ..
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 11:59 PM   #966
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

If Affleck gets as big and buff as Hemsworth, Evans, and Cavill did, I have a feeling more people will come around and have an easier time seeing him as Batman.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 12:02 AM   #967
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Where my heart is.
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
And he was Australian for pete's sake. Whoever heard of an Australian viking?
They currently have a Australian rugby player who's trying to make the team as a defensive end.

__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 12:09 AM   #968
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
And he was Australian for pete's sake. Whoever heard of an Australian viking?
There was more fuss over Idris Elba playing Heimdall. Overlooking the fact that they're not Vikings, they're Asgardians, beings who were worshipped as gods by the Norse. And the Norse probably interpreted their gods to look like themselves even if it didn't reflect reality -- much like European artists painted Christ to look European rather than Middle Eastern.

And of course now we've got an Englishman playing Superman. I think there was some grumbling over that too. (And weren't there some doubts back in the day about whether Christopher Reeve was the right type for Superman?)
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 12:11 AM   #969
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Christopher wrote: View Post
And of course now we've got an Englishman playing Superman. I think there was some grumbling over that too. (And weren't there some doubts back in the day about whether Christopher Reeve was the right type for Superman?)
Nah, I think fans have come to expect the British stealing all the superhero roles!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 01:17 AM   #970
marksound
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Planet Carcazed
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Actor Matt Damon chimes in on his good friend Ben Affleck's decision to play Batman in the Man of Steel sequel, stating, "I think it will be great. It will be terrific. I know there are a lot of people grousing on the internet. I just think it's kind of funny." He continued, "You know, he's not playing King Lear. It's Batman! Certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw Argo or The Town, and all the work he's been doing lately, it's way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman! Batman just sits there with his cowl over his head and whispers in a kinda gruff voice at people. Bruce Wayne is the more challenging part of the role, and Ben will be great at that."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=86071

This will not sit well with Batman fans.
These days, when I see a quote from Matt Damon I'm hearing the voice from Team America.
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 01:23 AM   #971
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Actor Matt Damon chimes in on his good friend Ben Affleck's decision to play Batman in the Man of Steel sequel, stating, "I think it will be great. It will be terrific. I know there are a lot of people grousing on the internet. I just think it's kind of funny." He continued, "You know, he's not playing King Lear. It's Batman! Certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw Argo or The Town, and all the work he's been doing lately, it's way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman! Batman just sits there with his cowl over his head and whispers in a kinda gruff voice at people. Bruce Wayne is the more challenging part of the role, and Ben will be great at that."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=86071

This will not sit well with Batman fans.
Jason Bourne needs to keep his mouth shut instead of disrespecting the Batman!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 01:30 AM   #972
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
I seem to remembering some grumbling about Chris Hemsworth as Thor. The internet's favorite was the guy who plays the viking vampire on TRUE BLOOD, not some guy who played Kirk's dad for ten minutes in the Trek reboot. And he was Australian for pete's sake. Whoever heard of an Australian viking?

Didn't the internet want that wrestler HHH at some point to play Thor?
__________________

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 01:58 AM   #973
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Some people were also upset about Ed Norton being replaced by Mark Ruffalo--which clearly had a huge impact on THE AVENGERS.
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 02:16 AM   #974
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

It's interesting how attitudes have shifted. Back in the '50s or '60s, the concern would've been that a lowly superhero character was unworthy of an actor of the caliber of George Reeves or Adam West. These days the concern is that the actor is unworthy of the superhero, even though the caliber of the actors getting cast is usually quite high.
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 02:24 AM   #975
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Some people were also upset about Ed Norton being replaced by Mark Ruffalo--which clearly had a huge impact on THE AVENGERS.
I think the "upset" was more over Norton being a huge insufferable twat necessitating the recasting of the role for the third time in as many movies. I can't recall, however, any real concerns over Ruffalo himself.
__________________
Out of hope.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
batman, superman

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.