Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 21 2014, 08:46 PM   #2311
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
4. Batman v Superman. Is Batman suing Superman? I would like to see that court case.

Batman is the plaintiff in a case accusing Superman of having an affair with Dawn, the Justice League's part-time secretary.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 09:09 PM   #2312
davejames
Vice Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
I like how the Superman logo is almost completely overshadowed by the Batman one.

And we're sidelining Superman in his own sequel. Great.
Despite what the title says, the writers and producers have already stated that the movie still operates very much as a MOS sequel, and Superman isn't being sidelined at all.

Although I agree I'm not the biggest fan of the logo they went with. It was underwhelming when we first saw it, and it hasn't grown on me much since then.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 09:30 PM   #2313
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

So will this tie in with V For Vendetta?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 10:32 PM   #2314
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
I like how the Superman logo is almost completely overshadowed by the Batman one.

And we're sidelining Superman in his own sequel. Great.
Despite what the title says, the writers and producers have already stated that the movie still operates very much as a MOS sequel, and Superman isn't being sidelined at all.
It's also a Batman reboot, introducing Wonder Woman, setting up the league and getting second billing. Nope, not sidelined at all.

Lol.

To be fair I'm sure he is a big part of the story, but stil, as a sequel goes, it's not about Superman.
Old May 21 2014, 10:47 PM   #2315
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

To be fair I'm sure he is a big part of the story, but stil, as a sequel goes, it's not about Superman.
It most likely will be about Superman first and foremost in that the addition of these other characters is in terms of them reacting to Superman's emergence.
Old May 21 2014, 10:48 PM   #2316
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Well in the real world you wouldn't want either one.
In the real world you wouldn't want to become a vigilante in the first place. In the real world, a vigilante (who doesn't use fire arms) wouldn't last a week in the streets, with, or without the armour, batmobile, or even "the bat(wing)" (the FAA would ground him the moment he took off )...

They'd be hot and uncomfortable, hard to move around in, and take forever to put on.
A suit without any kevlar would get him killed on his first night out.

Besides though, the main purpose of the batsuit was to intimidate and frighten criminals,
No, that's what the cowl (and the whole "bat" theme) is for.

Lucius Fox developed the nomex survival suit long before the Batman came into play.

BTW, the new logo looks like bad fan art.
Old May 21 2014, 11:02 PM   #2317
davejames
Vice Admiral

No it's not all about him, but it still presumably follows the storyline begun in MOS (with Clark continuing to adapt to life in the city and his new role as Superman, the developing relationship with Lois, etc). And from what Goyer has said, the destruction of Metropolis at the end of MOS also plays some kind of role in the story.

So it seems pretty likely Superman will still be the heavy focus of the movie, just because his presence is the thing everyone else will probably be reacting to.

Edit: Oops, looks like someone above beat me to it.
Old May 21 2014, 11:03 PM   #2318
Agent Richard07
Retired

Awful title. I don't mind the 'Dawn of Justice' bit, it's the 'Batman v Superman' I don't like. It smacks of them dumbing down the series even if they aren't (we'll see about that too, actually). I had faith that they'd go with something better. I would have preferred 'Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice', something to indicate a real Man of Steel sequel but I guess they have to follow the money.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 11:13 PM   #2319
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Awful title. I don't mind the 'Dawn of Justice' bit, it's the 'Batman v Superman' I don't like. It smacks of them dumbing down the series even if they aren't (we'll see about that too, actually). I had faith that they'd go with something better. I would have preferred 'Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice', something to indicate a real Man of Steel sequel but I guess they have to follow the money.
They definitely wanted Batman in the title - particularly considering how successful Batman films have been as Christopher had said.
Old May 21 2014, 11:14 PM   #2320
davejames
Vice Admiral

Mach5 wrote: View Post
No, that's what the cowl (and the whole "bat" theme) is for.

Lucius Fox developed the nomex survival suit long before the Batman came into play.
Well for me the segmented armor kind of jumps out a lot more than the cowl (in fact the cowl almost feels like an afterthought to the costume). And ultimately the suit just looks so practical and real-world as to not be all that interesting or frightening to look at.

Unlike the Burton and Snyder suits which aren't quite as easy to explain and could almost pass as vaguely supernatural in the dark of night.
Old May 21 2014, 11:28 PM   #2321
Agent Richard07
Retired

For the last year or so I've been thinking that they're moving ahead too quickly with this Justice League business but in a way it makes sense. If an alien like Superman did show up, I imagine that things would change pretty quickly and people like Batman would start coming out of the woodwork almost immediately. I still don't like the title though and hope that Superman and everything they set up in Man of Steel isn't sidelined too much.
Old May 21 2014, 11:29 PM   #2322
kirk55555
Commodore

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
So will this tie in with V For Vendetta?
This needs to happen, if only because seeing V vs. Batman would be awesome.

The title is stupider than I expected, but its not a huge deal. In the long run, it could be called "Please Come see this Prequel to Justice League" and it won't effect whether the movie is good or not.

As for the suit, it's batman. I want him to have an awesome, superhero looking suit. Realism can be ok, but I'm sitting down to watch a movie about a guy who dresses as a bat/flies/uses an alien power ring, etc. "Realism" is not something I consider a priority, and it can sometimes really pull down a superhero movie (like Nolan's Batman movies). Marvel knows when to let their movies just be fun, and throw realism out the window when the story/characters don't need it. DC movies need to lighten up (in more way than one), and I'm glad Affleck's suit looks like it would fit into a comic fairly well.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 11:36 PM   #2323
Agent Richard07
Retired

Dick Whitman wrote: View Post
JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM JOHN HAMM
I was thinking the other day that I'm glad he didn't get the part. Now he's free to play the Shadow. He'd be perfect for that.

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
And here it is, new logo and title.

That bat logo was unveiled last year. I wonder if they had a suit in mind at that point or if they decided to incorporate the logo into a suit they designed later.

And one thing that impresses me about that poster is how the 'v' in the title lines up perfectly with the 'of' in the subtitle.
Old May 21 2014, 11:58 PM   #2324
The Old Building & Loan
Vice Admiral

I kinda see what they're doing, with "dawn" out of dark(knight)ness, but....

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Justice Rises
Or a little more Doors:

Mr. Justice Risin'
Old May 22 2014, 12:12 AM   #2325
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote