Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old August 23 2013, 04:37 PM   #166
Grant
Fleet Captain

Re: The Official Deleted/Alternate Material Thread

Tomalak wrote: View Post
To complicate matters, neither appears to be armed when they enter the transporter room in Regula 1! In the final cut you don't see either of them until Terrell pulls the phaser on Kirk.
Probably their weapons were hidden prior as they wouldn't seem too much like 'discarded hostages' in Kirk's eyes, if Khan had left them with their phasers!

Or after Jedda ordered them "Phasers down" Chekov and Terrell picked up Saavik/McCoys phasers as they were distracted by the Kirk/David fight.

Last edited by Grant; August 23 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 07:46 PM   #167
darth_ender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I love this thread! I am working on a very in-depth project with deleted Star Wars material. But seeing so much Trek material coming together in such a great thread is really exciting. I hope you get your own site up and running. It would be an invaluable resource!
darth_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 09:42 PM   #168
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

Grant wrote: View Post
Or after Jedda ordered them "Phasers down" Chekov and Terrell picked up Saavik/McCoys phasers as they were distracted by the Kirk/David fight.
Yeah that's what I said above. Seems to make sense!
Old August 23 2013, 10:04 PM   #169
Grant
Fleet Captain

Tomalak wrote: View Post
Grant wrote: View Post
Yeah that's what I said above. Seems to make sense!
Yeah you did!! I read it wrong at first. I think that must have been what happened.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 12:33 AM   #170
trevanian
Rear Admiral

darth_ender wrote: View Post
I love this thread! I am working on a very in-depth project with deleted Star Wars material. But seeing so much Trek material coming together in such a great thread is really exciting. I hope you get your own site up and running. It would be an invaluable resource!
Any of this SW stuff unseen ILM footage? I've been messing with a script about the formation of ILM for just short of forever, based on a huge article I did back in the 90s, only half of which got published.
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 02:08 PM   #171
CaptainBearclaw
Lieutenant Commander

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself darth_ender. You might want to check out my thread about the various recuts of the Cage in the TOS section.

Also, as soon as I figure out BLOGSPOT that site should be up.
CaptainBearclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 04:29 PM   #172
Maab
Lieutenant

darth_ender wrote: View Post
I think many here are also interested in Star Wars deleted materials (I certainly am), so let us know when your project is released.

Maab
Maab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 11:14 PM   #173
CaptainBearclaw
Lieutenant Commander

Yes, I'm just very interested in cut scenes in general. of course divide that by my extreme love of Star Trek and you get this thread.
Old August 25 2013, 04:20 PM   #174
darth_ender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

@Bearclaw, I'm looking forward to your blog! I'll check out your other thread.

@Maab and Bearclaw, I probably should say my project is veryinclusive rather than in-depth. If you've ever seen Jambe Davdar's documentaries, those are excellent and I highly recommend them. Mine is more comprehensive in terms of material, but I'm not particularly skilled at video editing. I'm just putting clips together with a little exposition, and I'm including several slideshows showing off deleted scenes or alternate takes--I literally have over 1,000 pictures. I would be happy to make it available to anyone here who is interested.
Old August 25 2013, 07:32 PM   #175
CaptainBearclaw
Lieutenant Commander

Do you happen to be on ORIGINALTRILOGY.com, ender?
Old August 25 2013, 08:24 PM   #176
darth_ender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Indeed I am Are you?
Old August 25 2013, 08:43 PM   #177
CaptainBearclaw
Lieutenant Commander

Yes i am user Tack. I only wondered because your project sounds eerily familiar.

BTW. My username is indeed based off the main character from The Thief and the Cobbler, my 3rd favorite movie.

Workprint version, of course.
Old August 26 2013, 04:52 AM   #178
darth_ender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ah, Tack. You're pretty new there, it seems. I only seem to have seen you there in the past couple of weeks or so. Well, glad to have you there as well. Here is the thread. It hasn't gotten a lot of attention, probably because it's not as exciting to most people as it is to me, and maybe because I haven't proved myself as well as others.

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top...t/topic/14931/

Yes, now looking, here is the thread where I first noticed you.

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top.../15826/page/1/

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread too much with my personal plugs. If anyone wants to continue discussing it, maybe it would be best to do so at originaltrilogy so as not to clog up this very nice Trek thread. Keep up the good work here, and I'll try to interact with you a bit more over there (though I've not been participating quite as much lately there either).

Oh, but before I stop talking about my own project, trevanian asked a question I forgot to reply to. Unfortunately I'm not sure what he's referring to. Which ILM footage is that? If you're referring to behind the scenes stuff, I'm trying to avoid that, as there are many great documentaries. However, if the BTS stuff includes deleted material in some form, even if it's only like a brief shot of someone wearing a costume, then I figured it would be good to include. As an example, until recently this was the only known image of the "Light Man" from Return of the Jedi.

However, on the BDs there is a documentary that shows like 2 seconds of the Light Man in costume just walking in what appears to be a dressing room. It's not a deleted scene, but it's a reference to a deleted character, so I'm choosing to include it.

Anyway, sorry, I'm longwinded as it is, and I'm taking up too much space in a Star Trek forum. *Ahem* as I was saying, this is such a cool thread!
Old August 26 2013, 07:14 AM   #179
Maab
Lieutenant

I apologize if this is a little off topic...

Wow darth_ender, the work you are doing is enormous! You must have downloaded at least 10,000 pictures! That's something I'd like to see! I don't think so much pictures exist for all the 79 episodes of the original Star Trek series! I look forward to your release.
P.S. I've sent you a private message.

Maab
Maab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2013, 04:34 PM   #180
darth_ender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ah friend, I'm afraid I miscommunicated. My project is a Star Wars project, not Star Trek. I brought it up to explain my interest in this thread, as I love Star Wars and Star Trek, and I love deleted material. As I am working on a Star Wars project, I am happy to see a similar Star Trek project being worked on. Sorry to disappoint.

The work I am doing is indeed enormous, and if you count all the duplicates and trash pictures I've downloaded, I have indeed far exceeded 10,000 downloads. There are Facebook pages that thousands of photos, most of which were not what I was looking for, but also including so many that were useful that I used an album downloader to grab the whole bunch. But then I've spent hours upon hours deleting those I don't want and organizing those I do. It's very time consuming for probably the part of my project that will interest the fewest people. What I have left are, and I do not exaggerate, at least 2,000 pictures a piece for A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. That said, I still have duplicates and I'm trying to sort out the best version of each. It's a lot of work, but I'm sorry it's not relevant to this Star Trek project.

In any case, if you or anyone is truly interested in discussing my project further, I started a thread in the sci-fi forum so I don't get this thread off topic any more. My apologies to all.

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.ph...42#post8558542