TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old November 26 2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Khan 2.0
Captain

other ways for Kirk to die on Veridian III

#1 After defeating Soran Kirk and picard make their way to the crashed Ent D when kirk suddenly slips on a rock and falls hitting his head. he dies in Picards arms..

#2 Kirk and Picard get to the remains of the crashed Ent D and are beamed up to the obiting ships. Unfortuantly Kirks 23rd century DNA structure dosnt tally with the 24th century ships transporters and the computer recognises him as a virus and beams him into open space..

#3 Kirk and Picard defeat Soran, Kirk thinks for a minute and realises they must still be in the nexus.. He picks up sorans gun and shoots Picard in the head and then himself...

#4 (ammended original ending of Kirk being shot in the back) - Kirk realises he is in over his head and runs away in fear from Soran, then is shot in the back - then Picard shoots soran and cradles a weeping Kirk in his arms who begs Picard for urgent medical assistance and keeps repeating 'i dont wanna die please dont let me die!' Picard then leaves Kirk saying ‘i will come back for you’...he gets back to the Ent D and is so shocked/angry at his ship having crashed he forgets all about Kirk who he left ontop of the mountain...the last shot of the film we go back to Kirk atop the mountain..his breathing gets shallow and he mouths 'oh no!' then as he breathes his last the camera pans up above the clouds as the beginnings of the original star trek theme is heard gently in the background and then we go into the stars as the main TNG theme kicks in. the end

#5 kirk and soran are locked in mortal combat - fighting hand to hand. picard stops working on the rocket to assist kirk..he sees sorans phaser and picks it up and aims it at them...he shouts out "Soran!...Stop!"..they continue fighting...Picard carefully takes aim...he has to get this right...he fires...

Kirk falls to his knees he looks down in shock at the gaping wound in his chest...He keels over

Picard drops the phaser in shock

Soran laughs, 'Thank You Captain!' he shouts...'Now if you will excuse me..i have to be going...after all, time waits for no man..'

Soran runs to the scaffolding and begins his ascent up the ladder.

Picard runs to Kirk and moves him on his back – "who...taught you...to shoot?" kirk gasps.

"try not to talk Captain," Picard says.

"i..told you.." kirk says getting weaker, "my name...is Jim..."

"just hold on" Picard says

"oh my"...Kirk dies. Picard hangs his head in shame

the rocket blasts off and seconds later destroys the sun sending everything into darkness..the nexus arrives and claims both Picard and Soran once again

in the nexus Picard decides to stay in his Christmas Tale .
Khan 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2014, 05:04 PM   #2
Lance
Commodore

Re: other ways for Kirk to die on Veridian III

Just have the entire bulk of the Enterprise-D's saucer crash land right on top of him. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Seven of Five
Commodore

Death by beheading.

Or, in a pinch, eyes gouged out in a shockingly disgusting way.

Those may be a bit too shocking, but they'd be effective.
Old November 27 2014, 02:01 AM   #4
2takesfrakes
Commodore

The cause of Kirk's death was fine. I liked how Kirk chose to risk death, rather than having it actually be up to Soren. When the bridge broke off and kind of spun in mid-air was really cool looking and when it winged past the camera, you knew Kirk was going to be in very bad shape, if he'd lived at all. What made Kirk's death scene suck was Shatner ... his acting is what did it. He was just laying there, not even grimacing in pain, or anything. That and how self-serving it was. And Shatner has always been that way, let's face it. But here, it's rediculous:

"Did we ... make a difference?"

Oh, just die already! He has to be such an asshole about it ...
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2014, 02:21 AM   #5
Lance
Commodore

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
What made Kirk's death scene suck was Shatner ... his acting is what did it. He was just laying there, not even grimacing in pain, or anything. That and how self-serving it was. And Shatner has always been that way, let's face it. But here, it's rediculous:

And then he steals Takei's catch-phrase into the bargain: "Oh my!"
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2014, 02:43 AM   #6
EnriqueH
Captain

The cause of Kirk's death was fine. I liked how Kirk chose to risk death, rather than having it actually be up to Soren. When the bridge broke off and kind of spun in mid-air was really cool looking and when it winged past the camera, you knew Kirk was going to be in very bad shape, if he'd lived at all. What made Kirk's death scene suck was Shatner ... his acting is what did it. He was just laying there, not even grimacing in pain, or anything. That and how self-serving it was. And Shatner has always been that way, let's face it. But here, it's rediculous:

Especially when you consider how it damaged Picard's reputation.

After all, Kirk had to give his life because Picard couldn't be a hero on his own...
Old November 27 2014, 03:26 AM   #7
Green Shirt
Rear Admiral

Lance wrote: View Post
Just have the entire bulk of the Enterprise-D's saucer crash land right on top of him. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.
Yeah, one bulk taking out another.
Old November 27 2014, 03:59 AM   #8
eyeresist
Captain

Nibbled by Tribbles.

Bored to death by the Borg.

Smothered with a Cardigan by Cardassians.

Killed with Kling-Film by a Klingon.

Reamed by a Romulan.

Filleted by a Ferenghi.

Thoughtlessly thwacked by a Tholian.

Ended by an Andorian.

Blown up by a Betazoid. Or Bifurcated by a Bejoran.
eyeresist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2014, 06:42 AM   #9
Dukhat
Commodore

Kirk didn't have to die at all. Everyone already thought he was dead 78 years before.
Old November 27 2014, 11:27 AM   #10
2takesfrakes
Commodore

EnriqueH wrote: View Post
What made Kirk's death scene suck was Shatner ... He has to be such an asshole about it ...

After all, Kirk had to give his life because Picard couldn't be a hero on his own...
Without a doubt, I want to argue and.or debate this with a Passionate Heart! And yet ... there it is. On the Silver Screen, for all to see:

Soren isn't Super-Human, or possessed with Mega-Strength, though his character has, indeed, been furnished with a weapon. A LASER pistol which sort of cocks sideways, so that he always shoots it like a thug. However, it doesn't seem to be anymore or less dangerous than a standard hand phaser "used" on the show. In short, he's just a regular guy. And now, to defeat him, Picard must break every Law of Physics and even The Fourth Wall to go fetch Jim Kirk so as to defeat Soren and his thug pistol.

More than anything, I hate that about this feature: the pandering to William Shatner's ego, at the expense of "my" show! Couldn't just be a part of the ensemble. Couldn't just come on as a Special Guest Star ... no! He insists on a Laundry List of demands that diminish Captain Jean-Luc Picard, in order for Kirk to have any chance of looking "good." If it's an ego-stroking Shatner wanted, well, then ... I sure hope he got it. Because, in The End, he even made himself look foolish - despite all of his agent's many precautions against it.
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2014, 11:42 AM   #11
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Soran is defeated and the galaxy saved. That night, Kirk beams up to the Enterprise-D, slips on a bar of soap, goes flying and dies in the shower.
Old November 27 2014, 12:32 PM   #12
BeatleJWOL
Captain

Send a message via AIM to BeatleJWOL Send a message via Yahoo to BeatleJWOL

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
slips on a bar of soap, goes flying and dies in the shower.
sonic soap?
BeatleJWOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2014, 01:40 PM   #13
EnriqueH
Captain

EnriqueH wrote: View Post
What made Kirk's death scene suck was Shatner ... He has to be such an asshole about it ...

Without a doubt, I want to argue and.or debate this with a Passionate Heart! And yet ... there it is. On the Silver Screen, for all to see:

Soren isn't Super-Human, or possessed with Mega-Strength, though his character has, indeed, been furnished with a weapon. A LASER pistol which sort of cocks sideways, so that he always shoots it like a thug. However, it doesn't seem to be anymore or less dangerous than a standard hand phaser "used" on the show. In short, he's just a regular guy. And now, to defeat him, Picard must break every Law of Physics and even The Fourth Wall to go fetch Jim Kirk so as to defeat Soren and his thug pistol.

More than anything, I hate that about this feature: the pandering to William Shatner's ego, at the expense of "my" show! Couldn't just be a part of the ensemble. Couldn't just come on as a Special Guest Star ... no! He insists on a Laundry List of demands that diminish Captain Jean-Luc Picard, in order for Kirk to have any chance of looking "good." If it's an ego-stroking Shatner wanted, well, then ... I sure hope he got it. Because, in The End, he even made himself look foolish - despite all of his agent's many precautions against it.
I fail to see what Shatner's ego has to do with the script by TNG writers?

Did he ghost write Generations?

As I understand, it was the TNG writers who came with the Kirk storyline and then approached Shatner with it?

Or maybe you're letting your Shatner hate distort the facts?
Old November 28 2014, 02:46 AM   #14
eyeresist
Captain

^ Don't all TNG fans hate Shatner?

BeatleJWOL wrote: View Post
sonic soap?
Sonic soap! It has multiple uses...
Dean: It's like I don't even know you guys anymore. Star Trek Four! Save the whales!
eyeresist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2014, 04:39 AM   #15
BeatleJWOL
Captain

Send a message via AIM to BeatleJWOL Send a message via Yahoo to BeatleJWOL

eyeresist wrote: View Post
BeatleJWOL wrote: View Post
sonic soap?
Sonic soap! It has multiple uses...
That's why he's The Captain.
BeatleJWOL is offline   Reply With Quote