RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,530
Members: 25,798
Currently online: 481
Newest member: JE Smith

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old August 8 2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Dream
Admiral

Are the clip shows worth watching?

1x21 Politics
2x22 Out of Mind
6x17 Disclosure
7x20 Inauguration
8x15 Citizen Joe

Apparently those are all the clip shows on SG1. I've only seen up to the first two.

"Politics" was very unnecessary. While I enjoyed seeing Ronny Cox as the jerk senator, the actor really seems to be typecast into playing asshole characters, the rest of the episode really wasn't that good. It actually brought down the all the tension that was established by the previous alternative universe episode "There But for the Grace of God".

I didn't enjoy the "Out of Mind" season at all. I never bought that the main characters were ever in the future, so the shocking twist at the end wasn't shocking at. The entire episodes seems to exists solely to show clips from past episodes. Thankfully, Part 2 was able to make up for it.

What about the later episodes? Are "Disclosure", "Inauguration, and "Citizen Joe" any good?
Old August 8 2013, 01:18 PM   #2
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Are the clip shows worth watching?

A fair few of SG-1's clip shows unlike some othere series clip shows add to the shows overall mythology. To me the weakest of the lot is actually the last "Citizen Joe".
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old August 8 2013, 01:46 PM   #3
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Disclosure and Inauguration have some major mythos elements to them, but all Citizen Joe does is let you see Homer Simpson's voice actor and sets up part of the McGuffin for SG-1's S9 premiere and Stargate Universe.
Old August 8 2013, 01:53 PM   #4
AJ86
Captain

Other than Citizen Joe I found them all enjoyable. Disclosure especially.
Old August 8 2013, 10:03 PM   #5
The Wormhole
Admiral

Disclosure is really good and Inauguration is pretty important set-up for the Lost City two-parter. I actually enjoyed Citizen Joe, but I'm probably the only one who did.
Old August 9 2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Dream
Admiral

I just noticed a SG1 episode titled "Shades of Grey". Should I be worried?
Old August 9 2013, 07:10 AM   #7
Darth_Daver
Captain

No it's actually one of the good ones, for me at least.

I got burnt by the TNG episode, as I saw it later...
Old August 9 2013, 02:15 PM   #8
The Wormhole
Admiral

Shades of Grey is an excellent SG-1 episode and very important to future developments within the series.
Old August 12 2013, 07:42 PM   #9
dansigal
Commander

Count me as another vote of approval for Disclosure and Inauguration.
Old August 15 2013, 08:36 AM   #10
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Politics was very meh, but it did have one of the best scenes in the show, Citizen Joe was probably the best clip show I've ever seen done, even giving an in-universe explanation for the show's run-time
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!