Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old July 10 2013, 09:19 PM   #61
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

Re: Dare I Continue? (please avoid spoilers)

teacake wrote: View Post
I meant just Star Trek, but upon reflection I mean all science fiction shows. That way they can talk to me and I will be interested in what comes out of their mouths.
I know your pain.
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 09:36 PM   #62
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Dare I Continue?

RandyS wrote: View Post
Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post

Do you not agree that TNG and DS9 improved after their initial seasons? Or even VOY? (which I think marginally improved with each season, until the last two seasons when I think it really blossomed)
That's a known fact about most TV shows in general, not just Star Trek. Shows are almost always better once the characters and plot are developed. That's usually a given.
I know this is off topic, and if you want to PM me to continue the discussion, feel free, but I can think of two examples where the first season is better than the third, and those are Sliders and SeaQuest, so I would disagree that it's a hard and fast rule.
Sliders was one of those shows that seemed to get worse as time went on. The rot really began to set in once they got rid of the Prof, and the final nail was Quinn leaving it could never recover from that.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 11:20 PM   #63
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Sliders was good fun until Arturo died and then Quinn's brother came along. It didn't jump the Shark, it jumped off a cliff and fell to the very core of the Earth.

Someone needs to reboot it ASAP, the concept is pure awesome.
Old July 13 2013, 05:17 AM   #64
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Oasis: A conglomeration of Trek cliches rolled into one episode......yawn. Nice to see Rene Auberjonois from DS9 though!
3/10

Detained: Exciting Suliban episode that dealt with imprisonment, torture, discrimination, and interference in the conflicts of other societies. Nice to see that not all Suliban are criminals.
7/10

Vox Sola: One of the best Trek TV soundtracks I've heard in awhile. Also great to have an episode where everyone had something to do for a change. The alien of the week was neat and the peaceful resolution was satisfying.
6/10

Fallen Hero: This episode was quite impressive. We meet another Vulcan, this one accused of criminal charges. The mystery surrounding her "crime" was intriguing, and the reasons for the mystery in the first place made perfect sense. The Vulcans have yet to fully trust the humans. I was glad to see that V'Lar came around to trusting Archer in the end. It was a nice character arc. The bond of trust between Archer and T'Pol was also strengthened. A very strong episode all around, and one of my favorites of Enterprise so far.
8/10

Desert Crossing: Another good episode, full of twists and turns. The guest star who we all expected to be a villain ended up being a fairly sympathetic character. Goes to show you that you can't judge a situation until you have a chance to hear both sides. The "terrorists" in this episode definitely seemed more honorable to me than the people who claimed they were nothing more than criminals. Good continuity with Detained also. Solid episode all around with a great guest star........I just wish Clancy Brown had chosen one accent and stuck with it all the way through.......every scene was different.
7/10