Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 3 2013, 11:15 PM   #91
Avon
Fleet Captain

Re: Why are Creationists so afraid of Evolution?

Carcazoid wrote: View Post
Yeah, I don't have time to sit around on an internet forum to try to convince a bunch of people that God exists, especially those who start topics like this. If you don't believe, good for you.

Have a nice day.
thought you'd already said you'd had enough of this topic and were going. nice of you to come back and say it again.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 11:17 PM   #92
marksound
Fleet Captain

junxon wrote: View Post
Yeah, I don't have time to sit around on an internet forum to try to convince a bunch of people that God exists, especially those who start topics like this. If you don't believe, good for you.

Have a nice day.
thought you'd already said you'd had enough of this topic and were going. nice of you to come back and say it again.
Thanks. Nice beard.
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 11:18 PM   #93
iguana_tonante
Admiral

I don't have time to sit around on an internet forum to try to convince a bunch of people that God exists, especially those who start topics like this.
You don't have to convince us that God exists. Some people do, some don't. Just don't go around like a headless chicken yelling "Evolution is only a theory lalala I can't hear you".
Old July 3 2013, 11:19 PM   #94
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Have a nice day.
You can't convince people God exists. If you believe in a god, it is because you take it on faith. When you try to present faith as evidence, you hit a rock wall; as you should. Faith is not evidence. All the faith in the world doesn't even come close to the evidence that is found in one simple fossil.

If you believe, it is because you have faith. Even if you believe it wholeheartedly, and it is the singular force of your being; it still doesn't exist beyond your person. It is real to you, but that doesn't make it real to anyone else.

Also, passive aggressiveness is bullshit.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 11:19 PM   #95
Avon
Fleet Captain

junxon wrote: View Post

Have a nice day.
Thanks. Nice beard.
thanks. Kiss are lame.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old July 3 2013, 11:19 PM   #96
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I have a life. I don't have time to sit around on an internet forum to try to convince a bunch of people that God exists, especially those who start topics like this.
The question isn't if God exists, the question is why the theory of evolution contradicts the concept of God.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 11:21 PM   #97
marksound
Fleet Captain

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Yeah, I have a life. I don't have time to sit around on an internet forum to try to convince a bunch of people that God exists, especially those who start topics like this.
The question isn't if God exists, the question is why the theory of evolution contradicts the concept of God.
The real question is why science rejects the idea of God in the first place.
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 11:22 PM   #98
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Funny thing is I don't believe in god, I just think it's silly at best to apply the same circular arguments against those who believe the non-believers so often rail at being used against them.

I'm right because I am. You're stupid if you ask why!!!

But so much easier to attack the people, right?
Old July 3 2013, 11:24 PM   #99
Avon
Fleet Captain

science likes evidence. the real question has just been answered.

tangent: if god made everything perfect and incompatible with evolution, he also created the majority of the planet's population to worship other gods. which makes god an imbecile.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old July 3 2013, 11:27 PM   #100
Llama
Captain

It doesn't. Science is our best, evidence-based, explanation of the natural world. It neither promotes or denies gods existence. Science = Science; Religion = Religion

If it makes you feel better you may wish to think of it as science tells us the how, religion tells us the why
Old July 3 2013, 11:27 PM   #101
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Science doesn't reject the notion of a god. The issue is that there has been no evidence to suggest that one or more exist. A scientist can have a personal faith, but injecting faith into science takes away the science in favor of the faith.

You can have faith a bridge won't collapse when you drive over it; I'd rather have the science behind it's construction, instead.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 11:30 PM   #102
Llama
Captain

R. Star wrote: View Post
Funny thing is I don't believe in god, I just think it's silly at best to apply the same circular arguments against those who believe the non-believers so often rail at being used against them.

I'm right because I have 150 years of observation and experimental evidence to support me (no evidence has even suggested that evolution doesn't occur)

You're stupid not if you ask why (that's actually very clever), but if you don't want to know why
Old July 3 2013, 11:39 PM   #103
iguana_tonante
Admiral

"Science" does nothing of the sort. The question whether God/s exist/s is simply outside the field of interest.

Easier than actually learning about the subject, that's for sure. It's not like the evidences for evolution are super-secret or anything. Just crack a book and educate yourself.
Old July 3 2013, 11:42 PM   #104
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

When you have empirical evidence on your side, yes, it is really easy.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2013, 11:47 PM   #105
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Deckerd wrote: View Post
Applied genetic selection is not evolution.
In a sense, it is. It's called Artificial Selection-- it's sort of the technology to evolutionary science. It also demonstrates that Humanity has been aware of evolution to some degree for thousands of years.