Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 9 2013, 02:39 AM   #46
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Dexter - The Final Season (Spoiler Discussion)

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
You really think Deb's boss is just a romantic interest? That they'd cast a (relatively) big name for a two-bit part like that?
Maybe he's her happily ever after?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 02:25 PM   #47
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

So will Dexter be able to resist Hannah?
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 06:12 PM   #48
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Better question: Will any of us care? I certainly don't. Ugh.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2013, 01:36 AM   #49
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Hey if you need a murderous soulmate, ending up with Sarah Walker ain't half-bad, guys. Getting Masuka daughterboobs was probably the least surprising thing of all time. This certainly isn't what I'd call a great season, but being as I watch it right next to True Blood every week, it can only look good by comparison.
Old August 14 2013, 12:26 PM   #50
billcosby
Commodore

Hoo boy. It's really limping towards the finish line. I forgot how incredibly annoying Hannah was. Is she doing to kill Dexter? Probably not. But we'll have to watch it all play out in slow motion!

I just wish it was all out on the table. Now. I want to see Dexter confronted by his colleagues, so much. I wonder if Angel would pull a Hank from Breaking Bad and smack him up a bit, Masuka looking disappointed and Quinn leap up and down screaming 'I told you so' and then they all slowly start to understand the brilliance of circumventing a system of justice which is deeply flawed. I guess I had this crazy idea that the 'idea' of Dexter would be pushed to the limit now at the end of this series and before you know it, he'd have all those around him helping him 24/7 to pick up the slack in the due process of policing.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2013, 05:08 PM   #51
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Last night's episode was pretty terrible. Dexter takes on a pupil, but completely ignores him. Hannah comes back and poisons him and Deb, but not really. Hannah loves Dexter. Dexter loves Hannah. Who cares. I've enjoyed this season as a whole so far but I'm not sure they know what they're doing with the last half of it. Seems to be a mish-mash of too many ideas.
Old August 15 2013, 07:38 AM   #52
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The kid didn't kill tutorgirl (fuck, that was a LONG time ago.)... It's an obvious misdirect to pit them at odds when it's probably Julian Sands handy work to put Dexter in the spotlight away from his wife... Or Hannah is playing a REALLY long game seeing Tutorgil as competition.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 01:50 PM   #53
billcosby
Commodore

I rewatched this episode last night before deleting it from the DVR... I thought maybe I'd watched it wrong somehow and wanted another crack at it. It wasn't so bad after all... but as Guy Gardener reminds us, this is obviously leading towards some sort of scenario in which Zach, Dexter's pupil, is going to either kill or nearly kill Masuka's daughter when she inevitably becomes the intern. You know, so we can endure a few more awkward scenes between them at the police station.

There's something unusually unlikable about Zach. I want Dex to off him right way. At least the Hannah/Dexter storyline is about to plow into Masuka's story. He doesn't seem to have any of Dexter's good qualities, save that he has some concern for his mother.

I also wonder about how likely Jaime is also going to get whacked... I guess any lingering support for Dex that Angel/Masuka might have will be gone if Dex's superstar student kills all the women in Dexter's life just to get him to pay more attention to him. I realize he's likely only there to provide Dex + Deb an escape from Miami, but he's so unlikeable.

We love Dexter for so many reasons. The excellent portrayal by Hall. His ability to cope with his 'dark passenger' and try to lead a normal life. This is upstaged by a creepy rich brat who, so far, has only proved useful for getting Dexter into an exclusive nightclub.

Is this going to end with Dexter, Hannah and bratty Zach all killing together, posing in a new part of the world as a nuclear family? If so, Dexter, kill me first!

Last edited by billcosby; August 15 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old August 15 2013, 07:53 PM   #54
Garak
Nothing's for freeeeeeeee

This season is not very good. Should have killed it one or two seasons ago.
Old August 15 2013, 07:55 PM   #55
ialfan
Fleet Captain

I'm in the minority that actually likes this season better than the last two. /shrug
ialfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 06:33 AM   #56
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I'm enjoying this season but it sure doesn't feel like it's a final season. A final season should have more urgency to it.
Old August 16 2013, 08:33 AM   #57
davejames
Vice Admiral

Finally watched the latest, and ugh. I keep hoping the pace will pick up, and that maybe the "next episode" will finally start to ratchet up the tension.... but nope. Just more pointless subplots and needless side characters.

It seemed like something interesting might happen with Hannah drugging Dexter and Debra, but that didn't go anywhere. And Vogel has pretty much become an afterthought by this point.

When seeing Masuka's daughter topless is about the only highlight you can think of in an episode, you know something is wrong. lol
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 01:24 PM   #58
billcosby
Commodore

davejames wrote: View Post
It seemed like something interesting might happen with Hannah drugging Dexter and Debra, but that didn't go anywhere.
That's almost certainly going somewhere. Hannah's husband referred to her 'loose ends' and Dexter mentioned it a few times as well, he seemed pissed at her violation. Maybe she did a "Weekend-at-Bernie's" style photo shoot with Dexter's limp body to build an arsenal of blackmail against both Dex and Deb.

Wearing sunglasses, propped up in a kill room, etc.

Dexter was left near a river in the morning with his cell phone. Would Hannah need assistance in moving a body around? Who would be helping her, if so? I expect at least this part of the story to be explained.

Old August 16 2013, 06:01 PM   #59
davejames
Vice Admiral

^ I think you're putting way too much faith in these writers. Just like those who swear we haven't seen the last of the Brain Surgeon, even though it's clear the writers have completely moved on from that and are concerned only with Hannah and the psycho kid now.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 07:39 PM   #60
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

synopses for final 3 episodes (contains some big spoilers)