Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 1 2013, 07:17 AM   #46
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Tuvok is an Idiot

Oh Gov Kodos that is like a little present to me

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 07:21 AM   #47
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
Oh Gov Kodos that is like a little present to me
You're welcome. http://yaoininja.livejournal.com/pics/catalog/390/4515
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star!' Endora on witches in Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 07:23 AM   #48
teacake
Admiral

OMG! Someone has shopped on ears and greenified him and Pinefied the other one!

It's wonderful.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 1 2013, 05:34 PM   #49
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

teacake wrote: View Post
If you watch ENT Tuvok is a very humble representation of his species.
Actually, yeah. Although I think Tuvok and T'Pol would have gotten along well, I think.
Old July 1 2013, 10:46 PM   #50
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

The whole point of bringing this up is tuvok made a horrificly poor judgement call. Security chief apparently does not equal safety inspector on voyager..

some two years prior... THIS happend:

This has got to be the most hideous vile thing i have ever seen on television. Fast forward to now and he's meditating WITH THE SAME HIGH TENSILE STRENGTH ALIEN NEXT TO AN OPEN FLAME..

Clearly tuvok is a thrill seeker.. or has a high opinion of voyagers fire suppression system.
Defiant Obrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 11:39 PM   #51
R. Star
Rear Admiral

You haven't watched much tv if that's the most hideous vile thing you've ever seen on tv.

But seriously... this is Voyager. You don't expect any actual continuity do you? By the standard of any character not learning from a mistake, even when encountering a virtually similar situation in the future, every main member of Voyager's been guilty of that a few times. And thus an "idiot" by your esteemed standards.
Old July 1 2013, 11:46 PM   #52
Sran
Fleet Captain

Defiant Obrien wrote: View Post
I cant believe i let you idiots drag me into this race card nonsense.. lets go back to ragging on tuvok
You come here and take a shot at another ethnic group, but somehow we're the idiots? Give me a break!

--Sran
Old July 1 2013, 11:49 PM   #53
Sran
Fleet Captain

I wasnt "taking a shot" ... The analogy i stated is a FACT about mainstream asian mentality. Its the kind of thing you recognize only living around large populations of them. I meant no disrespect nor did i say anything about it being WRONG.. its an observation from an outsider

Do i really need to rattle off my own peoples flaws/observations to make this seem "fair"???? come on now people.. lets drop this..
That you believe something doesn't make it a fact. And no, you don't need to list the supposed flaws of your own enthicity to make this fair. What's fair is that you refrain from running your mouth in the first place so that things like this don't happen.

--Sran
Old July 1 2013, 11:57 PM   #54
Sran
Fleet Captain

Ok Mate, this is semantics. When i say "asian" the average response is to think "oriental" not indian.. conversely if i were to say "That indian kid" you'd think Sikhs/Desi /"owns all the gas stations and 2 star hotels in the midwest" .. when i say arabs" .. you think "crude oil" and camels
No, I don't think those things at all. I'm half-Indian, and I don't associate anyone of Indian ethnicity with gas stations or hotel management, nor do I associate anyone from the Middle East with oil or camels. You may make that association, but you have no business making an assumption like that about other people.

--Sran
Old July 2 2013, 12:18 AM   #55
Captain Verata
Lieutenant

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Well you can easily argue that there are extreme differences between China and Japan, but India is also rocking out in Asia, which means that you then have the opportunity to easily argue that there are extreme differences between India and Pakistan.
Ok Mate, this is semantics. When i say "asian" the average response is to think "oriental" not indian.. conversely if i were to say "That indian kid" you'd think Sikhs/Desi /"owns all the gas stations and 2 star hotels in the midwest" .. when i say arabs" .. you think "crude oil" and camels

My point is not to make a big deal out of the splitting of hairs. I suppose I am the idiot for thinking i can safely make such an offhand inference without getting a shite storm send down upon me in this day and age..
Wow. I really recommend you shouldn't bring up people's ethnicity because it would seem you don't know how to talk about it. Try not lumping people into stereotypical categories if you feel the need to mention something about ethnicity. Ugh...

Anyways, Tuvok is awesome!!!!!!!
Captain Verata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 01:28 AM   #56
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You ever wonder why no one, even Seska, tried to correct the grammar of calling Janeway's bunch "Federations"?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; July 2 2013 at 03:12 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 01:57 AM   #57
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

A future Machiavelli will one day write about how all species can be divided into federations or collectives... maybe Seven's PhD thesis.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star!' Endora on witches in Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 03:18 AM   #58
teacake
Admiral

They don't correct them because it's a subtle psychological one up for the humans hearing them get it wrong all the time. Tuvok would be the only one who would correct them.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 2 2013, 08:57 PM   #59
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

Sran wrote: View Post
No, I don't think those things at all. I'm half-Indian, and I don't associate anyone of Indian ethnicity with gas stations or hotel management, nor do I associate anyone from the Middle East with oil or camels. You may make that association, but you have no business making an assumption like that about other people.

--Sran
Half indian doesnt mean anything. If you were born here you are an american. If you dont speak any punjabi or urdu, you are an american.. Clearly you dont identify with the indian social group so you are therefore NOT indian.. but a person of indian descent.. and i doubt you bring all this up in casual conversation
Old July 2 2013, 08:59 PM   #60
Defiant Obrien
Lieutenant

Captain Verata wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Well you can easily argue that there are extreme differences between China and Japan, but India is also rocking out in Asia, which means that you then have the opportunity to easily argue that there are extreme differences between India and Pakistan.

My point is not to make a big deal out of the splitting of hairs. I suppose I am the idiot for thinking i can safely make such an offhand inference without getting a shite storm send down upon me in this day and age..
Wow. I really recommend you shouldn't bring up people's ethnicity because it would seem you don't know how to talk about it. Try not lumping people into stereotypical categories if you feel the need to mention something about ethnicity. Ugh...

Anyways, Tuvok is awesome!!!!!!!
I didnt bring it up in the first place. One of these "stir the soup" vultures started this entire tirade by implying im some kind of closet racist..