Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old September 7 2013, 01:52 PM   #31
Christopher
Writer

Re: John Bynre photocomics

Update on the Byrne photocomic: IDW will release it as a 48-page annual, their first in that format.

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/201...ounced-as.html

Also, he's begun work on a second.

They're going for sort of a Gold Key montage-cover look for the cover, it seems to me.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:01 PM   #32
jpv2000
Captain

Sounds cool. I remember reading those old Photo-Novels back in the day. Fond memories.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 08:48 PM   #33
CaptPapa
Commander

Very cool, I look forward to picking up a copy. Thanks for the update.
Old September 8 2013, 05:27 AM   #34
JD
Admiral

I'm actually kind of surprised these kinds of things haven't become more common with Photoshop being so widely used.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 12:28 PM   #35
Pauln6
Commodore

Looks cool! This the technique I've been using with TMP still on my You-tube comic. I was tempted to use TOS stills but I went for TMP in the end because I love that version of the Enterprise the most and I love all the alien crew. It is good fun. Which reminds me I have to finish off the last part of the second story!

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2014, 05:39 PM   #36
SoM
Commander

Ongoing print series... http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/...mirror-mirror/
SoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2014, 05:05 PM   #37
CaptPapa
Commander

I'm very much looking forward to this series. I enjoyed the first one and am very glad to have a new comic that is not associated with fuTrek.
Jane Kirk . . . are you kidding me?
Can we go any lower than this?
Well maybe . . . how 'bout Abbott and Costello meet Star Trek; no, no, here it is - Godzilla vs. the Enterprise.

ME
Old February 23 2014, 06:16 PM   #38
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

CaptPapa wrote: View Post
I'm very much looking forward to this series. I enjoyed the first one and am very glad to have a new comic that is not associated with fuTrek.
Well maybe . . . how 'bout Abbott and Costello meet Star Trek; no, no, here it is - Godzilla vs. the Enterprise.

ME
I'd like a rational explanation of why "Jane Kirk" is somehow more absurd than "Goatee Spock" or "Gangster Planet".

You can enjoy both the "Prime" universe and the new one.
Old February 23 2014, 08:00 PM   #39
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

ME
Data and Joe Piscopo making spastic noises on the holodeck is far, far lower than anything related to the new Trek movies.
Old February 23 2014, 10:58 PM   #40
JD
Admiral

ME
Are you kidding me, Godzilla vs. the Enteperprise would be friggin' awesome! I would read that comic in a heartbeat. IDW even has the Godzilla license so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Hell, they're doing a miniseries where The X-Files crosses over with Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Transformers. Personally, I'd say a Star Trek/Godzilla crossover is a lot more plausible than any of those.
Old February 23 2014, 11:11 PM   #41
Christopher
Writer

Yeah, how do X-Files and Ghostbusters share a universe? GB is a universe where the existence of the supernatural is an overt, publicly known reality. Even if some insisted on disbelieving the evidence, there would still be abundant documentation of events like the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man rampage and the relocation of the Statue of Liberty. So it doesn't fit with a world like TXF where the supernatural exists but manages to stay hidden.

Old February 23 2014, 11:15 PM   #42
JD
Admiral

I have no idea how they explain it in the series, I haven't read them myself. I've just seen it on Comixology.
Old February 24 2014, 12:54 AM   #43
Christopher
Writer

Well, it's the nature of genre-series crossovers that the rules and histories of the respective universes tend to get bent or ignored in order to make the combination possible. Which is why I consider them to be "imaginary stories" as a rule.

Old February 24 2014, 02:15 AM   #44
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

Christopher wrote: View Post
Well, it's the nature of genre-series crossovers that the rules and histories of the respective universes tend to get bent or ignored in order to make the combination possible. Which is why I consider them to be "imaginary stories" as a rule.
Aren't they all?

[This message brought to you by Alan Moore]
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 02:33 AM   #45
sulfur
Lieutenant Commander

That crossover is like the one Trek was involved in about 6 months prior. The one comic that is the "master story" has everything as part of a multiverse... with the walls breaking down into the various crossover comics.
sulfur is offline   Reply With Quote