Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

View Poll Results: Vote away
Generations 24 19.05%
First Contact 7 5.56%
Insurrection 37 29.37%
Nemesis 58 46.03%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 2 2013, 08:43 PM   #121
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: What is your least favourite TNG film

I'm going to say INS, sure NEM also had flaws but it at least had some ambition.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 09:36 PM   #122
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

As much as Insurrection provided as much pleasure as having your teeth removed with a hammer covered in barbed-wire, Generations was the low point, as it was so much that was wrong with the tepid Berman era of ST: flat characterizations, villains making Saturday morning cartoons seem well developed, and too much technobabble (even for sci-fi). Worst of all, was the condescending "passing the torch" nonsense, by trying to put a knife in the heart of TOS with Kirk's demise. I guess Berman, et al, thought "Kirk's gone!! That means everyone will forget TOS and just focus on MY shows as the REAL Star Trek!"

...nevermind that in the years to follow, DS9 & Enterprise's most popular episodes were flashback/tie-ins to TOS...
Old September 5 2013, 12:59 AM   #123
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

The Stig wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
The Stig wrote: View Post
All of them. I've got the movie box set, but the only ones I reach for to re-watch is Khan and the Undiscovered Country.

I'd rather watch The Final Frontier than sit through Generations.

that's just amazing to me. I've been on these boards a while, and I still don't get the "Generations" hate. It's not up there with my favorites, but it's solid and enjoyable, and about right in the middle of the pack.

TFF is just a mess.
It sure is. A beautiful mess that happens to have some of the best Kirk-Spock-McCoy interplay since the series. Generations is a bore.
The problems with TFF are superficial, like bad fx, and studio forced comic relief (that doesn't really work well).

I think the acting is excellent though, and every actor in that film did a great job of turning a turd script into a very watchable film.

I also love the concept (the search for God) and the score is incredible. It has some of my favourite Trek music in it.

I can honestly say TFF is my favourite TOS movie.
Old September 5 2013, 01:16 AM   #124
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Captain_Q wrote: View Post
GalaxyX wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Nemesis, because it was the prime continuity committing suicide. Watching it in the theater was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. And then it flopped.
I remember being excited to go watch it. I was even spouting off to my coworkers at the time "I'm going to watch Nemesis! It's going to be kick ass!" Went with a good friend from work.

Then I saw it and slowly it became stupider and stupider.

"Why is there a damn dune buggy with wheels in this movie?"
"Does it use gasoline? so you know, you get the full nostalgic effect of driving an ancient vehicle"

"Where are the fucking Romulans? I was promised mother fucking Romulans! All I see is fucking vampires!"

"Why does B4 sound like he's got a broomstick up his ass?"

"Why is the goddamn set so dark?"

"Why is the Andromeda Ascendant showing up in a Star Trek movie? oh wait, it's the "Schimitar" and it's got a gazillion torpedo launchers and twice as many phaser banks, and like 8 layered shields "

And just kept getting progressively worse. Then Data died and I felt like I got kicked in the balls, and everyone was fucking depressed, and the entire movie ended this way.

My buddy goes to me "wow, next week when LOTR - 2 Towers comes out, this movie will disappear completely off the radar"

And he was right. When LOTR came out a week later, Nemesis was done.
I absolutely loved this entire post as Nemesis is my least favorite movie. I'm sitting at my computer laughing my ass off reading this. Thank you very much.

My main reason for having Nemesis as my least favorite is that Data dies. Data was the man! B4 really isn't a good substitute. But I do admit that Picard driving the land rover thing was hilarious.
Now I absolutely love Insurrection, it's my hands down favorite movie.
Same here dude. I could have forgiven a lot of Nemesis if Data hadn't been killed off. The B4 "replacement" was anything but.

There was a lot wrong with the movie, but killing off my favourite TNG character was unforgivable.