CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 20 2014, 10:46 PM   #16
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: Game of Thones: Opening Credits Extended

That's nice !
Old June 20 2014, 11:30 PM   #17
JD
Admiral

Very impressive work.
Old June 21 2014, 02:15 AM   #18
teacock
Admiral

Wonderful!!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2014, 05:48 AM   #19
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Nice! And after season five, you'll have to do a new version that includes Dorne.
Old June 22 2014, 04:22 PM   #20
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

The credits for season 1-4 is up.

http://youtu.be/tsbeEtlXDrc

I must say let my poetic license stand in its creation. Some locations only go to certain places and I had to improvise. I should still call it seamless due to the music though. I used all four versions of the main theme song, season 1 and 3 in its entirety and the reprise of seasons 2 and 4. They each have minor differences if you listen closely.

Last edited by bigboojeg; June 22 2014 at 04:35 PM.
bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 06:13 PM   #21
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Nice! And after season five, you'll have to do a new version that includes Dorne.
And probably Oldtown and White Harbor as well.
Old June 23 2014, 12:53 AM   #22
bigboojeg
Vice Admiral

There was a tearing in the song, which I edited out. Here's the new version.

http://youtu.be/6RghblELlLw

bigboojeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2014, 01:06 AM   #23
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Great work, once again. My family gets so annoyed that I insist on watching the credits every time the show comes on, but I love the music and the imagery, especially when a new location pops up.
Old June 23 2014, 06:19 AM   #24
teacock
Admiral

The credits are like the appetizer, they really get you ready for the experience.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2014, 06:33 PM   #25
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

IIRC, when I was doing research on how the credits were done (I was initially convinced this world was in a Dyson Sphere the way it was represented as concave rather than convex, as one would expect), the map was supposed to be used for cut-scenes in between location scenes, to let the audience know where they were going to next. At some point they decided that all the little map scenes should be included in the beginning as the full intro.

I've noticed, however, that in many of the recent intros, we've been seeing locations being shown that never appear in that particular episode. For example, we've recently seen shots of Moat Cailin and the Dreadfort, but there has been nothing shown of the Boltons. Inversely, in the episodes featuring Sansa and Littlefinger, the Eyrie animation was never shown in the intro. I do always look forward to seeing the new locations. I particularly love the continuosly rolling coins into the Iron Bank of Braavos in the most recent eps.
Old June 23 2014, 07:24 PM   #26
Tom
Rear Admiral

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
IIRC, when I was doing research on how the credits were done (I was initially convinced this world was in a Dyson Sphere the way it was represented as concave rather than convex, as one would expect), the map was supposed to be used for cut-scenes in between location scenes, to let the audience know where they were going to next. At some point they decided that all the little map scenes should be included in the beginning as the full intro.

I've noticed, however, that in many of the recent intros, we've been seeing locations being shown that never appear in that particular episode. For example, we've recently seen shots of Moat Cailin and the Dreadfort, but there has been nothing shown of the Boltons. Inversely, in the episodes featuring Sansa and Littlefinger, the Eyrie animation was never shown in the intro. I do always look forward to seeing the new locations. I particularly love the continuosly rolling coins into the Iron Bank of Braavos in the most recent eps.

Hopefully we will get Dorme in there next season.
Old June 24 2014, 12:58 AM   #27
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

For example, we've recently seen shots of Moat Cailin and the Dreadfort, but there has been nothing shown of the Boltons.
Um...
Old June 24 2014, 12:29 PM   #28
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

3chordboy wrote: View Post
very good but the opening credits vary on quite a regular basis depending on the locations featured in any particular episode
Or without any logical reason - they had Moat Cailin and Braavos in a bunch of episodes in season 4 that they were not in, and they never had Eyrie, which was in several episodes. And they didn't even need to make a new animation, the Eyrie was in season 1.

QCzar wrote: View Post
For example, we've recently seen shots of Moat Cailin and the Dreadfort, but there has been nothing shown of the Boltons.
Um...
The Boltons were in three episodes in the entire season, but Dreadfort or Moat Cailin were in every episode.

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
And probably Oldtown and White Harbor as well.
I suspect Oldtown will be saved for season 6.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2014, 01:36 PM   #29
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
QCzar wrote: View Post
The Boltons were in three episodes in the entire season, but Dreadfort or Moat Cailin were in every episode.
Sure. That doesn't somehow make the statement that "there has been nothing shown of the Boltons" any more correct, which was all my post addressed. Additionally, saying the "Boltons were in three episodes in the entire season" isn't saying much when the "entire season" is only 10 episodes. They're in about a third of it, which is actually quite a bit considering all the story threads the show covers.

Also, I don't think there's ever been a consistent 1-to-1 matching of locations in the title sequence to ones depicted in the episode (not including the big three). bbjeg would probably know better, as I'm sure he's had to watch most of them to put these sequences together.
QCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2014, 03:10 PM   #30
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

My mistake - I should have been more clear - I did mention "recently" in that sentence but that should likely have been put at the end of the sentence, with the implication that we have seen nothing of them since the final short scene where Roose elevates Ramsey to natural status by King's degree, yet the two locations continued to be shown several episodes after in the intro. Apologies for the confusion.