Star Trek #42 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Trek Actors At The Oscars
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Retro Review: The Changing Face of Evil
By: Michelle on Feb 21

Star Trek-Themed Van Sold
By: T'Bonz on Feb 20

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old May 24 2014, 03:42 PM   #1411
Christopher
Writer

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

The Lost in Time DVD set includes episode 2 of "The Evil of the Daleks" and episodes 3 & 6 of "The Wheel in Space." What you remember from "Wheel" sounds like what I've seen in the surviving episodes. However, what you're describing from "Evil" sounds like episode 6. I think there are only some clips from that known to survive.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2014, 05:30 PM   #1412
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Christopher wrote: View Post
The Lost in Time DVD set includes episode 2 of "The Evil of the Daleks" and episodes 3 & 6 of "The Wheel in Space." What you remember from "Wheel" sounds like what I've seen in the surviving episodes. However, what you're describing from "Evil" sounds like episode 6. I think there are only some clips from that known to survive.
I think he's describing episode 7 of "Evil." The reveal of the Emperor is the cliffhanger to episode 6, as I recall. There is a little bit of footage of the Dalek civil war from the finale; I think that's on the Lost in Time set as well.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2014, 06:06 PM   #1413
DWF
Vice Admiral

So whatever happened to the ep. of The Underwater Menace that was found last year?
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2014, 08:59 PM   #1414
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DWF wrote: View Post
So whatever happened to the ep. of The Underwater Menace that was found last year?
I think the latest that was said about it is a DVD would be released in 2014, and then they said they wouldn't confirm wether it would have 2 or 4 episodes or if 2 of them would be animated, and to ask again in Spring after April (I can't find anything "after April" as a follow up)

http://doctorwhoworldwide.com/2013/1...l-after-april/

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2014, 02:07 AM   #1415
Candlelight
Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
I think he's describing episode 7 of "Evil." The reveal of the Emperor is the cliffhanger to episode 6, as I recall. There is a little bit of footage of the Dalek civil war from the finale; I think that's on the Lost in Time set as well.
The only official clip known to survive from Evil (other than ep2) is a brief clip from ep7 of two Daleks moving through the shattered control room. The shot is a model shot and is only 3 seconds long.

The footage of the final battle comes from an 8mm 'home movie' which was shot by the production team and is roughly 8-9 mins long. Half of it is fx footage, the other is the filming of the destruction of the emperor.

There is no footage of Trougton surviving from this serial other than the second episode.
Old May 25 2014, 02:41 AM   #1416
The Wormhole
Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
I think the latest that was said about it is a DVD would be released in 2014, and then they said they wouldn't confirm wether it would have 2 or 4 episodes or if 2 of them would be animated, and to ask again in Spring after April (I can't find anything "after April" as a follow up)

Supposedly work had begun on animating the remaining missing episodes of Underwater Menace, but it was cancelled due to "higher priorities."

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doc...r-Menace/19476
Old May 25 2014, 03:47 AM   #1417
starsuperion
Fleet Captain

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
yes it was when the doctor and that guy with the glasses was running around trying to escape skaro and the daleks rush in as the smoke comes billowing up around the emperor. I remember that..

I wish they could find the celestial toy maker ones..
Old May 25 2014, 09:05 AM   #1418
Candlelight
Admiral

Mods (and regular posters), can I make the recommendation that this thread be renamed to Missing Episode Discussion Thread and that the thread be stickied to the top of the board? The 'wiped episode discoveries' part was really born from the nine episodes that were found last year and we haven't had any indication that anything else is coming anytime soon.
Old May 25 2014, 02:20 PM   #1419
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Candlelight wrote: View Post
Mods (and regular posters), can I make the recommendation that this thread be renamed to Missing Episode Discussion Thread and that the thread be stickied to the top of the board? The 'wiped episode discoveries' part was really born from the nine episodes that were found last year and we haven't had any indication that anything else is coming anytime soon.
I second that request.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2014, 10:19 PM   #1420
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post

Supposedly work had begun on animating the remaining missing episodes of Underwater Menace, but it was cancelled due to "higher priorities."

The tweet on which that article was based is a little unclear. What happened was that Planet 55 Studios, the company that was working on the TUM animation, got commissioned to work on a children's series for the Australian Broadcasting Company. The need to devote their time and energy to that project may be the reason the TUM animation hasn't materialized yet, though that's just Steve Roberts' unconfirmed speculation. No one has outright said the animation is cancelled, and I imagine that unless the episodes have been/are found, it'll get done one way or another eventually.

I think renaming the thread is a good idea. Sending a PM may get the mods' attention faster.
Old May 25 2014, 10:28 PM   #1421
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post

The tweet on which that article was based is a little unclear. What happened was that Planet 55 Studios, the company that was working on the TUM animation, got commissioned to work on a children's series for the Australian Broadcasting Company. The need to devote their time and energy to that project may be the reason the TUM animation hasn't materialized yet, though that's just Steve Roberts' unconfirmed speculation. No one has outright said the animation is cancelled, and I imagine that unless the episodes have been/are found, it'll get done one way or another eventually.
Thanks. The article implies more news was expected to be available about now ("Ask again after April") <Cue the Omni Rumor that the currently missing episodes are taking longer than expected to be remastered/salvaged>

I think renaming the thread is a good idea. Sending a PM may get the mods' attention faster.
Oh, yea, I agree with the proposed name change as well.

Old May 25 2014, 10:37 PM   #1422
starsuperion
Fleet Captain

Thanks. The article implies more news was expected to be available about now ("Ask again after April") <Cue the Omni Rumor that the currently missing episodes are taking longer than expected to be remastered/salvaged>

I Agree With The Name.Change Too.So No New Hartnell Episodes Found? Just To Recap, What Has Been Discovered To Date?
Old May 25 2014, 10:53 PM   #1423
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

starsuperion wrote: View Post

I Agree With The Name.Change Too.So No New Hartnell Episodes Found? Just To Recap, What Has Been Discovered To Date?
Series 1 Missing:
All of Marco Polo (Omni Rumor generally has this being revealed as found next. There's a really nice, color telesnap Reconstruction available on Youtube or a similar site)
Reign of Terror Episodes 4 and 5 (Animated already)

Series 2 Missing:
Crusade Episodes 2 and 4

Series 3 Most of it Missing, only have:
Galaxy 4 Episode 3
Dalek's Master Plan Episodes 2, 5, and 10
The Ark (All of it)
The Celestial Toymaker Episode 4
The Gunfighters (All of it)
The War Machines (All of it)

Series 4 Missing:
The Smugglers (All of it)
The Tenth Planet Episode 4 (Already Been Animated, and also the Reconstruction with Telesnaps is so good, it's barely less than actually having the episode)

Old May 26 2014, 01:55 AM   #1424
starsuperion
Fleet Captain

starsuperion wrote: View Post

Series 1 Missing:
All of Marco Polo (Omni Rumor generally has this being revealed as found next. There's a really nice, color telesnap Reconstruction available on Youtube or a similar site)
Reign of Terror Episodes 4 and 5 (Animated already)

Series 2 Missing:
Crusade Episodes 2 and 4

Series 3 Most of it Missing, only have:
Galaxy 4 Episode 3
Dalek's Master Plan Episodes 2, 5, and 10
The Ark (All of it)
The Celestial Toymaker Episode 4
The Gunfighters (All of it)
The War Machines (All of it)

Series 4 Missing:
The Smugglers (All of it)
The Tenth Planet Episode 4 (Already Been Animated, and also the Reconstruction with Telesnaps is so good, it's barely less than actually having the episode)
Thanks For this
Old May 26 2014, 09:32 AM   #1425
Candlelight
Admiral

The Wheel in Space Episode 3 for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1814211045...d=639263313032

This is likely one of the dupe prints made during the 1980s illegally by a BBC staffer in a bid to make money.