February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old October 8 2013, 11:39 PM   #751
ROBE
Commander

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Lets see all Daleks Master Plan, part 4 Tenth Planet, all of Power of the Daleks, missing Invasion episodes and the all the Web of Fear.
ROBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 11:52 PM   #752
The Four Doctor
Ensign

Can someone tell him/her that episode 7 of Masterplan is definately gone as no telerecording was made and the videotape was wiped?
The Four Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 12:00 AM   #753
diankra
Commodore

The Four Doctor wrote: View Post
Can someone tell him/her that episode 7 of Masterplan is definately gone as no telerecording was made and the videotape was wiped?
Actually, it seems it might have been telerecorded, but not for Enterprise, just so BBC bosses could have a watch and see if a comedy Christmas episode of Doctor Who had worked. But if it was, that copy probably hasn't survived - if it had, it would have been at the Film Library all along.

Anyway, the stuff I'm getting tonight suggests that it will be Enemy of the World and most of Web of Fear on i-tunes at the end of the week. Marco Polo is also back but not ready for release, so when it is made available it'll come out with the first two stories of the next batch. Altogether that would add up to 24 missing episodes.. which is far more than I'd ever have hoped even if there isn't more to come, as apparently there is.
As always, with rumours from someone on a BBS, do not swallow without an antidote!

Last edited by diankra; October 9 2013 at 12:11 AM.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 12:04 AM   #754
Candlelight
Admiral

Season five (or The Evil of the Daleks) episodes likely:

http://www.deborahwatling.net/News/index.htm

Deborah, along with Frazer Hines, will be helping the BBC to launch the newly found Dr.Who episodes this Thurs (10/10/13), betwwen 3.30pm and 7.00pm approx.
Wow... looks real after all.....
Old October 9 2013, 12:09 AM   #755
diankra
Commodore

Something is definitely real (and I'd now be astonished if it wasn't part of Enemy and Web). Might be worth checking The One Show for an appearance by Fraser and Debbie on Thursday...
Old October 9 2013, 12:19 AM   #756
The Four Doctor
Ensign

Season 4 Troughtons only sold to Australia, NZ and Singapore didn't it?
Old October 9 2013, 12:20 AM   #757
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

diankra wrote: View Post
Actually, it seems it might have been telerecorded, but not for Enterprise, just so BBC bosses could have a watch and see if a comedy Christmas episode of Doctor Who had worked. But if it was, that copy probably hasn't survived - if it had, it would have been at the Film Library all along.

Anyway, the stuff I'm getting tonight suggests that it will be Enemy of the World and most of Web of Fear on i-tunes at the end of the week. Marco Polo is also back but not ready for release, so when it is made available it'll come out with the first two stories of the next batch. Altogether that would add up to 24 missing episodes.. which is far more than I'd ever have hoped even if there isn't more to come, as apparently there is.
As always, with rumours from someone on a BBS, do not swallow without an antidote!
So, then, if there's a "First" two stories of the next batch, that means they really, did get a huge pile (personally, I'd call anything over 3 episodes, a huge pile. Only 3 would still be awesome, though) and not just a couple of episodes at worst, or couple of whole stories at best

Most of Web of Fear? Does that mean they're holding back a bit of it from iTunes (Maybe for unfinished restoration purposes), or that at least 1 episode of Web of Fear wasn't found? (Or because the previously surviving episode already was released)

So, if this cache returns everything (Not already animated) except for those "impossible" to ever see surface, will they then be able to animate, for example the missing Masterplan episodes (If none are possible to see returned?) Or Power of the Daleks (Evil of the Daleks also is extremely unlikely right?)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; October 9 2013 at 12:33 AM.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 12:29 AM   #758
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Most of Web of Fear? Does that mean they're holding back a bit of it from iTunes (Maybe for unfinished restoration purposes), or that at least 1 episode of Web of Fear wasn't found?
The rumors state that there's some issue with episode 3, which is also the first appearance of Lethbridge-Stewart. Some rumors say it needs work, some say it wasn't found, some say it won't be available on iTunes except as a recon but will be available in full on the DVD.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 12:33 AM   #759
The Four Doctor
Ensign

I hope some Hartnell like The Smugglers or The Myth Makers is returned.
Old October 9 2013, 12:38 AM   #760
Candlelight
Admiral

Troughton Dalek stories did, the rest of the season sold elsewhere.
Old October 9 2013, 12:42 AM   #761
diankra
Commodore

Highlanders thru to Faceless Ones sold a bit better. But yep, thats pretty much it for Power, Evil, 10th Planet.

Last edited by diankra; October 9 2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: typo at start
Old October 9 2013, 12:43 AM   #762
The Four Doctor
Ensign

Thanks. I still can't believe the Australian and NZ censors were so extreme conservative. Oak and Quill were pretty innocuous and they still were cut out.
Old October 9 2013, 02:19 AM   #763
Turbo
Vice Admiral

View Turbo's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Turbo

So which episodes are the ones likely gone forever - Mission to the Unknown and DMP 7?
Old October 9 2013, 02:49 AM   #764
diankra
Commodore

Turbo wrote: View Post
So which episodes are the ones likely gone forever - Mission to the Unknown and DMP 7?
Nothing is certain (particularly single episode recoveries - eg three episodes of Masterplan tuŕning up), but...
If this is an astonishingly massive find, like the rumoured 90 eps (rather than the more likely but still astonishing 20-odd that's also going around) then the episodes least likely to be found are Mission, Masterplan, 10th Planet, Power and Evil (which adds up to 23 episodes, so 90 would mean some of them are in there).

The rough rundown of likelyhood, if it's a recovery from an overseas TV station at some remove, is:
Least likely: Masterplan 7 (maybe never even transferred to film).
Masterplañ & Mission (never shown overseas and only sent out to Australia - but see note above about single episodes!)
Power, Evil, 10th Planet (Barely sold overseas due to Terry Nation blocking sales of Dalek stories).
Highlanders thru to Faceless Ones (not great sellers).
Abominable Snowmen to Wheel in Space (slightly betetr sellers).
Galaxy 4 to Smugglers (quite good sellers, though sales were sliding off compared with seasons one and two).

That's in terms of full stories, based on number of sales, and covers only the largely missing season 3 to 5: difficult to work out the chances for the few missing eps for 1, 2 & 6 (as, obviously, the rest of the season came back already from the best sources).

And today's news may well prove all this wrong!
Old October 9 2013, 05:04 AM   #765
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

We've finally gotten confirmation from a reliable source.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote