A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old June 24 2013, 12:38 AM   #286
Candlelight
Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Any new 'news' ?
Nah, we got a denial from a BBC Spokesperson and a denial from the Restorationist, that's pretty much, unless they come out with a statement that they really do have something
It ain't a good outcome, unless you're on Outpost Gallifrey and believe the official statements are lies in order to hide the truth.
Old June 24 2013, 01:39 AM   #287
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile

[QUOTE=Zeppster;8288476]
The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
diankra wrote: View Post
First of all, I suspect that if any aliens did intercept our sci-fi TV broadcasts, they'd probably find them incredibly racist and refuse to have anything to do with us on principle.
How do you know? First off they wouldn't understand a word they would be saying unless they somehow decode a language that is alien to them. Also for all we know they could see our views of racism as extremely tame. But really they would have no way to know the context of any form of racism.
Reminds me of an RPG (GURPS I think) that in one of it's world books had an alien race conquer Earth, and as part of their rule they banned comic books for their portrayal of aliens as villains.

I've always ignored these recovered tapes rumours. Until I see a definitive list of episodes, I won't believe any of it.
Old June 24 2013, 10:36 AM   #288
Lonemagpie
Writer

They did confirm the return of...

an episode of some 60s comedy show. Oh, well.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 01:07 PM   #289
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Rich Johnston reports that there will be a trailer for Enemy of the World on the Terror of the Zygons DVD.

And in light of last week's denials, he lays out pretty much everything about the story he was told.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 01:23 PM   #290
Lonemagpie
Writer

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through." General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett, setting policy for Dr Who fandom since 1989.

Old June 24 2013, 01:53 PM   #291
StCoop
Commodore

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Rich Johnston reports that there will be a trailer for Enemy of the World on the Terror of the Zygons DVD.

And in light of last week's denials, he lays out pretty much everything about the story he was told.
I genuinely don't understand how anyone could read that drivel and believe it. It's like a New Series Hater's fantasy. We'll give you back all these missing episodes but only if you fire Moffat.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 02:03 PM   #292
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

That is literally nothing more than a pasting-together of every unsourced claim and desperate inference attached to every recent rumour, even the ones that are directly contradictory. Johnston may have reliable sources when it comes to comics, but it's clear that in Doctor Who fandom he's listening to people who will repeat any old rubbish. I'm still not convinced there isn't something at the bottom of all this talk, even if it's just a promising lead that didn't pan out, but Bleeding Cool isn't going to reveal anything useful.
Old June 24 2013, 02:06 PM   #293
Lonemagpie
Writer

StCoop wrote: View Post
I genuinely don't understand how anyone could read that drivel and believe it. It's like a New Series Hater's fantasy. We'll give you back all these missing episodes but only if you fire Moffat.
This.

Old June 24 2013, 02:16 PM   #294
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Even the generally credulous posters in the missing episodes thread over at Gallifrey Base are refusing to believe any of it. Johnston is also posting in that thread, offering non-answers to questions about his sources, his rationale for posting, etc.
Old June 24 2013, 02:27 PM   #295
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

"Dude (Johnston, that is), let it go, you've already put it out there. You've aready got a denial from BBC Senior Staff and a Denial from the Restorationist. Pushing it harder isn't going to accomplish you anything. If there is actually anything to this, this isn't helping, they'll give information about it when they are ready and not one second before, your job here is done"

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 03:05 PM   #296
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Candlelight wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Any new 'news' ?
Nah, we got a denial from a BBC Spokesperson and a denial from the Restorationist, that's pretty much, unless they come out with a statement that they really do have something
It ain't a good outcome, unless you're on Outpost Gallifrey and believe the official statements are lies in order to hide the truth.
I'll buy that

(puts head back in sand)
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 03:42 PM   #297
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

People just reading the latest Bleeding Cool article now should note that it's had some unacknowledged editing. The original version slyly suggested that despite his denials, Philip Morris was indeed the finder of this 90-episode trove and the one who wanted Moffat gone. The edits have removed that implication.
Old June 24 2013, 03:47 PM   #298
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post

It doesn't really make sense that whoever supposedly has the DW episodes would hold out because the BBC wants to rush them out before they're restored! That sounds like a fan wish.

I could picture some nut job trying to use that as leverage to get rid of Moffat. That's something the holder could care about. But, not how quickly the BBC does the restoration!

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 03:51 PM   #299
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Yeah, as others have pointed out at the GB and Bleeding Cool forums, it's hard to believe that BBC Worldwide, which still hasn't released or even announced "The Underwater Menace" 2 despite its being recovered in 2011, wants to rush the release of these alleged new discoveries. If whoever was making this up hoped to be plausible, they should have reversed the demands, and had the owner calling for immediate release and Worldwide wanting slow restoration.
Old June 24 2013, 03:53 PM   #300
StCoop
Commodore

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
People just reading the latest Bleeding Cool article now should note that it's had some unacknowledged editing. The original version slyly suggested that despite his denials, Philip Morris was indeed the finder of this 90-episode trove and the one who wanted Moffat gone. The edits have removed that implication.
Maybe Rich realised how insane the idea of someone who, as far as I know, isn't even a particular fan of the series, wanting that appears. Plus it was more than a little libelous, come to think of it.

So if you're a 90 Truther you now have to believe that someone else has been wandering around Africa collecting missing episodes, including many which were never sold there in the first place. As you do.

Zygons has already been classified by the BBFC for release and this is the Trailer that's actually on it:

http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/terror-zygons-doctor-who-dvd

Given that it's the last complete release (until all those others!!!!) it looks like they've stuck a generic trailer for the range on it.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote