Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old June 27 2014, 04:45 AM   #1486
Christopher
Writer

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

More Zoe is always good.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 06:00 AM   #1487
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

^ Agreed!
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 10:43 AM   #1488
Candlelight
Admiral

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Although it has a terrible reputation, I'd like to see "The Space Pirates" back just for more Zoe! We also need the rest of "The Wheel in Space."
The surviving episode is very slow and dull, and the audio for eps 1 and 3 pretty much give the same feel, but the second half of the serial is on par with the rest of Troughton's tenure.
Old June 27 2014, 03:03 PM   #1489
inflatabledalek
Captain

I think I spent most of my Troughton YouTube video just salivating over Zoe's outfits, and the one from the Space Pirates is by far and away the best thing in the surviving episodes. Who wears shorts that short anyway?
Old July 18 2014, 01:36 AM   #1490
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

The latest chatter in Omnirumour land is that there's a DVD deal for a number of TIEA's ITV finds (with a company called Network) and they're to be announced on Friday the 18th.

There's also chatter about a "large" find of Who in Australia.

I have no idea on either. I'm merely passing them along.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 02:07 AM   #1491
The Wormhole
Admiral

Well, we were due a new rumour after Marco Polo missed its latest announcement date.
Old July 18 2014, 02:25 AM   #1492
Candlelight
Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
The latest chatter in Omnirumour land is that there's a DVD deal for a number of TIEA's ITV finds (with a company called Network) and they're to be announced on Friday the 18th.

There's also chatter about a "large" find of Who in Australia.

I have no idea on either. I'm merely passing them along.
I'm in New Zealand and it's the 18th now, so I can't tell you it's not true.

Network aren't bad, they helped release the original Quatermass trilogy and A for Andromeda if memory serves.
Old July 18 2014, 03:14 AM   #1493
Candlelight
Admiral

For LOLs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8JGLTrs5L4
Old July 18 2014, 09:42 AM   #1494
Candlelight
Admiral

Geez, Planet Mondas are tearing Paul V a new one over comments he made about fans a week ago. Really getting nasty, despite all he's done for fandom.
Old July 18 2014, 12:27 PM   #1495
StCoop
Commodore

Candlelight wrote: View Post
Geez, Planet Mondas are tearing Paul V a new one over comments he made about fans a week ago. Really getting nasty, despite all he's done for fandom.
They spend their lives insulting everyone and everyone who doesn't go along with their mindset over there. Every other post seems to be them calling someone or other a Nazi. The hillarious part is their greatest ire is reserved for so-called Uber Fans, while they seem to ignore the fact that they consider themselves to be the "true" Fandom; fighting the evil forces of Phillip Morris, the Restoration Team, Steven Hill and anyone who doesn't believe that 90+ episodes have been found and are being maliciously withheld from us.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 12:43 PM   #1496
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

I saw those comments from Vanezis, and I couldn't feel any sense of ire about them. Disappointment that he felt it necessary to make a wholly unnecessary masturbation crack about fandom, yes, but anger? No. Because, excepting the masturbation swipe, he wasn't wrong. The fans who are most invested in the Omnirumour are nothing more than the 501st Fighting Keyboards, some have a deep sense of entitlement, they are going to believe what they want on faith, and no amount of evidence will sway them.

allyngibson.net
Old July 18 2014, 02:40 PM   #1497
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

^ I don't go to that site, mind sharing his comments? Thanks!
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 03:14 PM   #1498
The Wormhole
Admiral

Yeah, I saw that a while back. It is pretty funny, especially when you realize Ian Levine is Jewish.

BTW, here's another Hitler video relating to the Omni-rumour, though this one takes the other side of the argument.
Old July 18 2014, 03:46 PM   #1499
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
^ I don't go to that site, mind sharing his comments? Thanks!
These were comments posted by Vanezis on Facebook on July 7th. I don't know the context of either, on whom's page they were posted, etc.

"Just don't bother engaging with them. It's pointless. They'll believe what they want but ultimately they'll still be hiding behind their keyboards trying to type with their left hands..." (Link to screenshot)

"Well, yes. JR [Southall]'s sentiment is right, but a lot of people feel 1) Entitled to information they are not entitled to and b) Think they are being misled. The truth is that not all information is shared. If it were, nothing would get done. They're also not being miseld, they're just not being told what they expect to hear because there is nothing to be said." (Link to screenshot)

allyngibson.net
Old July 18 2014, 04:02 PM   #1500
StCoop
Commodore

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
"Just don't bother engaging with them. It's pointless. They'll believe what they want but ultimately they'll still be hiding behind their keyboards trying to type with their left hands..."
That's it???

Jesus, compare that to the sort of things they say about Paul and everyone else who the Space Rays that make it through their Tin Foil helmets tell them are part of the Uber Conspiracy To Deny Them Their Episodes and well, there's really no comparison at all.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote