RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,294
Posts: 5,720,331
Members: 25,765
Currently online: 345
Newest member: tiffany1994

TrekToday headlines

Where No Garden Gnome Has Gone Before
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Scotland Yard Trekkie Fear
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Koenig Joins Captain Pike Project
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Retro Review: Ex Post Facto
By: Michelle on May 22

Smallwood: Creating The Xindi
By: T'Bonz on May 21

Greenwood Joins O.J. Simpson Series
By: T'Bonz on May 21

The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Pegg: Star Trek 3 Less Trek-Y
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Two Trek Book Covers Unveiled
By: T'Bonz on May 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 8 2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: White Wolf House
Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

That's right....









She's not actually dead....or maybe she will be...or maybe she's just a Zygon? Who knows!
__________________
Werewolves on the moon
Safe House "Bond meets the Haunting!"
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 01:30 PM   #2
StCoop
Commodore
 
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Typical Moffat; can't let anyone stay dead!

And she can't (just) be the Zygon since they need the person they're copying to be alive.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Romulan_spy
Commodore
 
Location: Terre Haute, IN. USA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

It is a show about time travel so maybe this is Osgood from the past.
Romulan_spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 02:10 PM   #4
StCoop
Commodore
 
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

If you look at her reflection is that a certain Question Mark pullover that she's wearing?
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 02:18 PM   #5
The Four Doctor
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Maybe the backlash from fans brought Ossie back? Naah, this is Moffat.
The Four Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 03:19 PM   #6
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

I was heartbroken Osgood died and we'd never seen her again, so, I'm very glad she's returning. I hope she is permanently alive again, and that it was indeed her Zygon duplicate (or some other out) that was killed.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 04:11 PM   #7
Redfern
Commodore
 
Redfern's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, USA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Of course, if it turns out THIS is the Zygon, it could provide interesting story material, how the Brig's daughter deals with a "clone" of her dead daughter running around.

Sincerely,

Bill
__________________
Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 04:22 PM   #8
kirk55555
Commodore
 
kirk55555's Avatar
 
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Redfern wrote: View Post
Of course, if it turns out THIS is the Zygon, it could provide interesting story material, how the Brig's daughter deals with a "clone" of her dead daughter running around.

Sincerely,

Bill
Is this a mistype? Who said that Osgood is Kate Stewart's Daughter? The Doctor Who wiki doesn't back that statement up, it just says that Osgood was Kate Stewart's personal assistant. The closest connection is that Moffat apparently wanted OSgood to be the daughter of Unit Soldier Tom Osgood, but didn't make it official.

As for her return, I don't care either way. I didn't find Osgood to be bad, but she definitely wasn't memorable.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 04:40 PM   #9
Redfern
Commodore
 
Redfern's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, USA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

No, not a typo. I honestly thought Osgood was supposed to be the Brig's granddaughter because (I thought) I heard the Doctor reference Osgood's "grandfather", alluding to him being the Brigadier.

maybe as many other people have started doing, I should switch on captioning, because it appears I may be "hearing things".

Sincerely,

Bill
__________________
Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 05:11 PM   #10
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Redfern wrote: View Post
No, not a typo. I honestly thought Osgood was supposed to be the Brig's granddaughter because (I thought) I heard the Doctor reference Osgood's "grandfather", alluding to him being the Brigadier.

maybe as many other people have started doing, I should switch on captioning, because it appears I may be "hearing things".

Sincerely,

Bill
Heh, yea, I thought you were carelessly spilling a spoiler
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 05:17 PM   #11
StCoop
Commodore
 
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

I hope they don't ignore that the Doctor offered to make her a Companion last time they met.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 05:31 PM   #12
Redfern
Commodore
 
Redfern's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, USA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Redfern wrote: View Post
No, not a typo. I honestly thought Osgood was supposed to be the Brig's granddaughter because (I thought) I heard the Doctor reference Osgood's "grandfather", alluding to him being the Brigadier.

maybe as many other people have started doing, I should switch on captioning, because it appears I may be "hearing things".

Sincerely,

Bill
Heh, yea, I thought you were carelessly spilling a spoiler
I myself try to remain as relatively "spoil free" as I can, so I certainly would keep quiet if I came across a plot and not ruin it for someone else.

Just to clarify, "Day of the Doctor" did indicate through dialog (if not through depiction) that Osgood has a sister, right? the Zygon whom Osgood tripped with the scarf mentioned this. Or did I hallucinate this as well? If I'm not delusional, then the potential for story material I suggested in my earlier post could still work, except we could see Osgood's sister coming to terms (or not) with this doppleganger.

Sincerely,

Bill
__________________
Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 05:51 PM   #13
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Redfern wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Redfern wrote: View Post
No, not a typo. I honestly thought Osgood was supposed to be the Brig's granddaughter because (I thought) I heard the Doctor reference Osgood's "grandfather", alluding to him being the Brigadier.

maybe as many other people have started doing, I should switch on captioning, because it appears I may be "hearing things".

Sincerely,

Bill
Heh, yea, I thought you were carelessly spilling a spoiler
I myself try to remain as relatively "spoil free" as I can, so I certainly would keep quiet if I came across a plot and not ruin it for someone else.

Just to clarify, "Day of the Doctor" did indicate through dialog (if not through depiction) that Osgood has a sister, right? the Zygon whom Osgood tripped with the scarf mentioned this. Or did I hallucinate this as well? If I'm not delusional, then the potential for story material I suggested in my earlier post could still work, except we could see Osgood's sister coming to terms (or not) with this doppleganger.

Sincerely,

Bill
Hmmm... I don't recall that. All I recall is the conversation about her being defective and needing the nebulizer
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 06:22 PM   #14
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

You might as well not bother with the spoiler tag.
The DW marketing people are plastering that shamelessly all over the Internet now. Impossible to avoid if you visit anything show related.
__________________
Spoiler me one more time! I dare ya! I double dare ya!
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2015, 06:28 PM   #15
Redfern
Commodore
 
Redfern's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, USA
Re: Guess who's back? (Spoilers!)

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Redfern wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Heh, yea, I thought you were carelessly spilling a spoiler
I myself try to remain as relatively "spoil free" as I can, so I certainly would keep quiet if I came across a plot and not ruin it for someone else.

Just to clarify, "Day of the Doctor" did indicate through dialog (if not through depiction) that Osgood has a sister, right? the Zygon whom Osgood tripped with the scarf mentioned this. Or did I hallucinate this as well? If I'm not delusional, then the potential for story material I suggested in my earlier post could still work, except we could see Osgood's sister coming to terms (or not) with this doppleganger.
Hmmm... I don't recall that. All I recall is the conversation about her being defective and needing the nebulizer
Then I must be going %^&*ing insane because I SWEAR the Zygon mocked her about having resentment towards her "prettier" sister during that same encounter.

Honestly, now someone is going to tell me Osgood did not use the scarf to trip the alien (well, yank it as the Zygon in human form stood upon it) or that she was even wearing a scarf in that scene!

Sincerely,

Bill
__________________
Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.