Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

View Poll Results: Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?
I'll get both 10 11.36%
Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4) 45 51.14%
Staying with Xbox (360 to One) 12 13.64%
Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4) 21 23.86%
Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One) 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 19 2014, 11:50 AM   #316
Roddenberry
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

I only upgraded from my PS2 last year, having finally completed , gotten as far as I could or just stopped playing because I wasn't enjoying with my catalogue of games. I got a 360, it lasted less than 2 months. Not for the reason many might suspect, I just couldn't get on with the controller, it never fitted my hand well and gave my hand cramps and so, it got traded in for a PS3.
Roddenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 02:51 PM   #317
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Roddenberry wrote: View Post
I got a 360, it lasted less than 2 months. Not for the reason many might suspect, I just couldn't get on with the controller, it never fitted my hand well and gave my hand cramps and so, it got traded in for a PS3.
Funny, that's the reason it took me so long to get a PS3 (the controller gave me hand cramps, so I had to wait until some third party came out with one shaped just like an Xbox controller) .

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 04:27 PM   #318
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I actually like the 360 controller quite a bit. I don't have a 360 but I have a controller for my PC.
Old February 19 2014, 04:53 PM   #319
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Also, damn, the PS4 is stomping the shit out of the Xbone!
Those numbers look really bad for MS, but keep in mind that both of them are down from +900K in December, and the Xbox One had a slight lead that month. Still, it's not a good sign that they're trailing in the US, even by a little bit, as that means they're probably getting whomped in the rest of the world.

Hopeful Cynic wrote: View Post
I have a One. I'm looking forwards to Titanfall while ps4 owners are looking forwards to... Yeah.
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I have no interest in Titanfall and am far more intrigued by Infamous: Second Son. But if I was interested in Titanfall, I'd just pick it up for the 360.
Old February 19 2014, 05:25 PM   #320
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Hopeful Cynic wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Hey, the Wii U's outselling the 360 now!

Also, damn, the PS4 is stomping the shit out of the Xbone!
I have a One. I'm looking forwards to Titanfall while ps4 owners are looking forwards to... Yeah.
Great, enjoy it. Looks like a good game.

And your point was what exactly?
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 05:55 PM   #321
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^ I think his point is that there isn't much in the way of exciting exclusives for the PS4 on the horizon. I think it's a fair point.

Honestly though, even if I could afford to upgrade, I'd still be sticking with my PS3. There's just not enough incentive to be an early adopter for either system IMO.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 06:05 PM   #322
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

And for the ones that get released on PS3 and PS4 X360/XB1 there really is no reason to get the PS4/XB1 version besides slightly prettier graphics...
I'll be getting Watch_Dogs on PS3 and AC4:BF ooks and plays great on the PS3...
Old February 19 2014, 07:14 PM   #323
RoJoHen
Awesome

I agree. The first PS4 game I'm really looking forward to is Infamous: Second Son. But thats just one game. It might take a while before PS4 builds up a big enough library for it to be worth it for me to make the switch.
Old February 19 2014, 07:15 PM   #324
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
^ I think his point is that there isn't much in the way of exciting exclusives for the PS4 on the horizon. I think it's a fair point.

Honestly though, even if I could afford to upgrade, I'd still be sticking with my PS3. There's just not enough incentive to be an early adopter for either system IMO.
Yeah i know what he meant but sarcasm on the internet is a bit tricky sometimes

Personally i couldn't care less about which console is better.. they're both on a comparable level, they're both as good and bad as the others and at least the differences on graphic terms are not that big.

I'm just tired of the age old "my console is better than yours" bickering that i encounter everywhere when in fact it's all about the games.

Couldn't also care less about console exclusives because those you can count on one hand and i won't spend hundreds of bucks just so i can play 3-4 games i can't play on the other console. In the case of Titanfall the developers have already confirmed that Titanfall 2 won't be Xbox exclusive so there you go.. i can wait a while to play this on my console of choice, the PS4 (and that choice has nothing to do with the power of the consoles but my opinion that MS were extreme dicks to their customers and tried to subjugate them to their business model, something Sony didn't do or hid extremely well).

So to each their own, if someone gave me an Xbox One as a gift i'd be excited just as i'll be when i get around to actually finding a PS4 for the standard retailer price and not some 25% markup by vendors who happen to have a few.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 08:47 PM   #325
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Couldn't also care less about console exclusives because those you can count on one hand and i won't spend hundreds of bucks just so i can play 3-4 games i can't play on the other console.
That's not true at all. Yes, most third party games are available on both systems, but exclusives are where it really matters. Sony has an excellent first and second party lineup of games and Nintendo is such a powerhouse that they can nearly support two entire systems with their exclusives alone. Microsoft's biggest problem, even more so than the price, is their lack of quality exclusives.

People buy systems for the games and with the exception of Titanfall there is no reason to buy an Xbox One over a PS4.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 08:50 PM   #326
RoJoHen
Awesome

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Couldn't also care less about console exclusives because those you can count on one hand and i won't spend hundreds of bucks just so i can play 3-4 games i can't play on the other console.
That's not true at all. Yes, most third party games are available on both systems, but exclusives are where it really matters. Sony has an excellent first and second party lineup of games and Nintendo is such a powerhouse that they can nearly support two entire systems with their exclusives alone. Microsoft's biggest problem, even more so than the price, is their lack of quality exclusives.

People buy systems for the games and with the exception of Titanfall there is no reason to buy an Xbox One over a PS4.
This has always been the reason I don't want an Xbox. The Playstation exclusive games are just so much more appealing to me. Aside from Halo, I couldn't even tell you what exclusive games Xbox offers.
Old February 19 2014, 09:16 PM   #327
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Roddenberry wrote: View Post
I only upgraded from my PS2 last year, having finally completed , gotten as far as I could or just stopped playing because I wasn't enjoying with my catalogue of games. I got a 360, it lasted less than 2 months. Not for the reason many might suspect, I just couldn't get on with the controller, it never fitted my hand well and gave my hand cramps and so, it got traded in for a PS3.

Do you have small hands? Asking because I do, and the PS3 is what I ended up getting when I was considering a console because the controllers felt much more comfortable for my small hands, whereas the XBox controller felt awkward. Though I hear there's more of a middle-ground this time around with the PS4 controller.

And yeah, as for exclusives, for the most part, it seems like the PS3/PS4 exclusives have more personality, which is another thing that attracted me to it.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2014, 10:55 PM   #328
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

I'm one of those freaks that liked the original xbox controller (for reference).
Old February 19 2014, 11:22 PM   #329
Hopeful Cynic
Ensign

Reverend wrote: View Post

Yeah i know what he meant but sarcasm on the internet is a bit tricky sometimes

Personally i couldn't care less about which console is better.. they're both on a comparable level, they're both as good and bad as the others and at least the differences on graphic terms are not that big.

I'm just tired of the age old "my console is better than yours" bickering that i encounter everywhere when in fact it's all about the games.

Couldn't also care less about console exclusives because those you can count on one hand and i won't spend hundreds of bucks just so i can play 3-4 games i can't play on the other console. In the case of Titanfall the developers have already confirmed that Titanfall 2 won't be Xbox exclusive so there you go.. i can wait a while to play this on my console of choice, the PS4 (and that choice has nothing to do with the power of the consoles but my opinion that MS were extreme dicks to their customers and tried to subjugate them to their business model, something Sony didn't do or hid extremely well).

So to each their own, if someone gave me an Xbox One as a gift i'd be excited just as i'll be when i get around to actually finding a PS4 for the standard retailer price and not some 25% markup by vendors who happen to have a few.
I plan on getting a PS4 at some point. It's just that the one has more exclusives that I want to play now and on the near horizon so I got it first. I just get sick of the "lol Xbone" shit.
Old February 19 2014, 11:26 PM   #330
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

lol xbone