Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old June 11 2013, 11:30 PM   #16
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Anyone planning a trip/vacation this summer?

I do a trip to a family camp above Fresno every year but other than that, not really. If it's not Pittsburgh (Never been to PNC Park) New York (Have to go to NY in my lifetime and would like to see Citi Field, or Southern California (California Adventure and Cars Land), I don't entirely want to travel.
Old June 11 2013, 11:39 PM   #17
mari
Commander

In less than 2 weeks, I'm going on my honeymoon. We're staying in Santa Monica, and I'm going to try to do as many touristy things as possible (without hauling ourselves out to Anaheim) while we're in the L.A. area. Other than that, I'm not sure, although friends in Maine keep offering to host us at their cabin on Moosehead Lake, so we may do that next summer.
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 11:54 PM   #18
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

I am very excited for this trip I'm about to take. Especially for Dodger Stadium and AT&T Park - those are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. I'm glad I'm getting the Diamondbacks' park out of the way early - not exactly thrilled about being in Phoenix, AZ in the middle of #)(%* July, but hey, I made the bed, now I lie in it. (And fortunately, Chase Field has a roof!)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2013, 11:57 PM   #19
Pondwater
Fleet Captain

I just came back from one but if I have the funds again, NY.
Pondwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 12:01 AM   #20
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ How did you like NYC, by the way? Did you enjoy Citi Field? (I sure do, I always love going there.)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 12:15 AM   #21
Pondwater
Fleet Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ How did you like NYC, by the way? Did you enjoy Citi Field? (I sure do, I always love going there.)

Been going in and out of there for about a lifetime now. So, of course, I love it there.

Citi Field is pretty nice.
Pondwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 12:28 AM   #22
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Well, I did in March, when my Dad and I did about a month long cross-country trip to California and visited many national parks and monuments along the way. It was an amazing trip
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 08:49 AM   #23
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Normally, I make a trip to some European city with my partner for the summer vacation (sightseeing, museum crawling, trying new food and drinks... the usual stuff), but since the arrival of the kid we had to cut that, at least until he's a bit older.

So, like last year, I'm going to enjoy some time relaxing at a spa in the Venetian countryside with my family. Nothing too fancy, but very nice.

Kestra wrote: View Post
My parents are springing for a family trip to Europe, probably Germany and Austria. We're going at the beginning of August.
Comeee hereee in Italyyy!
Old June 12 2013, 09:08 AM   #24
Kestra
Vice Admiral

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Normally, I make a trip to some European city with my partner for the summer vacation (sightseeing, museum crawling, trying new food and drinks... the usual stuff), but since the arrival of the kid we had to cut that, at least until he's a bit older.

So, like last year, I'm going to enjoy some time relaxing at a spa in the Venetian countryside with my family. Nothing too fancy, but very nice.

My parents are springing for a family trip to Europe, probably Germany and Austria. We're going at the beginning of August.
Comeee hereee in Italyyy!
Glad you're still finding a way to relax. And I very much want to visit Italy and it's a little bit of a sore spot with me. The ex was supposed to take me and never did, and I tried to be patient while watching many of my friends and all my family visit. Now I don't know if I'll ever see Italy. But I'd really like to, someday.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 09:14 AM   #25
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Yes. We (my family and I), will be traveling to Gatlinburg, TN next month. I expect to get sunburn, even if it is overcast the whole time. I also expect to blind everyone with my exceedingly white skin, because I AM wearing shorts.

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 09:37 AM   #26
iguana_tonante
Admiral

And I very much want to visit Italy and it's a little bit of a sore spot with me. The ex was supposed to take me and never did, and I tried to be patient while watching many of my friends and all my family visit. Now I don't know if I'll ever see Italy. But I'd really like to, someday.
Aw, that sucks. Well, plan a trip to the Most Serene Republic of San Marino, and you can tell yourself you are not visiting Italy.
Old June 12 2013, 09:51 AM   #27
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I went to Minneapolis for a few days a couple of weeks ago. That will probably be it for this year.
Old June 12 2013, 02:47 PM   #28
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

I'm visiting my family in Seattle as I do most summers. I'm going in 2 1/2 weeks, so I'll be there for my nephew's first birthday (July 2nd) and for the 4th. I wish I could travel more but I can't afford it and get only 2 weeks off a year.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2013, 03:25 PM   #29
Use of Time
Commodore

The sequestor has curbed my plans of doing any major traveling with the family. We are trying to find cheap getaways at the moment. My parents own a condo in the Outer Banks and if not rented would be a nice week long trip to the beach.
Old June 12 2013, 05:34 PM   #30
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

For those interested, Southwest Airlines has a special Las Vegas vacation package:

http://www.southwestvacations.com/De...code=VIVAVEGAS

It's only good for late August and September, and I'm still debating whether or not to go. I haven't been there since 2010 and would surely like to see the new resorts (ARIA, Cosmopolitan).