RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,568
Posts: 5,514,241
Members: 25,148
Currently online: 463
Newest member: Brian R.W.

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 22 2013, 06:08 AM   #1
Lord Garth, FOI
Commander
 
Lord Garth, FOI's Avatar
 
Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

1. Kirk gets winded after throwing a few punches at Khan
-James t Kirk does NOT get winded throwing a few punches

2. Bones standing next to Spock during Nimoy scene and no quip?
- How bout heaven help me there are two of you, nimoy raises brow and smirks. Would have made me cry

3. In the first film the warp cores were in the big aluminum beer silo tanks. This film we got one main warp core
- beer silos still very much there, why not activate one of those warp cores if cores removed why are the beer silos still there?

4. Khan announces my name is... Khan
- how bout saying my name is Khan Noonian Sing and Spock and or Kirk recognizing and saying something like one of earths most brutal tyrants

5. Impulse deck refit sorry hate it
- secondary hull needs more belly and pushed back along connecting dorsal, main thing that needed tweaking impulse deck was awesome

6. Torpedoes
- how bout Marcus wanted them fired at qonos to have them infiltrate the Klingon home world still hokey but would have made more sense

Loved just about everything else. Saw it twice and may go once more
Lord Garth, FOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 06:44 AM   #2
WarpFactorZ
Captain
 
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
1. Kirk gets winded after throwing a few punches at Khan
-James t Kirk does NOT get winded throwing a few punches
It was an homage to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hnBp7x2QAE
WarpFactorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 07:08 AM   #3
Lord Garth, FOI
Commander
 
Lord Garth, FOI's Avatar
 
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

It reminded me of that when I saw it
Lord Garth, FOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 07:14 AM   #4
sj4iy
Commander
 
sj4iy's Avatar
 
Location: US
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
1. Kirk gets winded after throwing a few punches at Khan
-James t Kirk does NOT get winded throwing a few punches
Kirk was injured after almost being knocked unconscious by a Klingon. Spock and Uhura drag him to safety because he can't stand up on his own. He was probably dizzy and in a lot of pain but his rage overtook him.
sj4iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Phily B
Fleet Captain
 
Phily B's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
View Phily B's Twitter Profile
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Yeah, Kirk had just survived a fight with Klingons and was operating on adrenalin.
Phily B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 07:28 AM   #6
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

I agree with #2. Take or leave the others.
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 07:32 AM   #7
Lord Garth, FOI
Commander
 
Lord Garth, FOI's Avatar
 
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Phily B wrote: View Post
Yeah, Kirk had just survived a fight with Klingons and was operating on adrenalin.
Don't matter
Shatner would have had the juice to still perform four flawless shoulder rolls and at least five drop kicks
Lord Garth, FOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 08:17 AM   #8
Phily B
Fleet Captain
 
Phily B's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
View Phily B's Twitter Profile
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Actually it'd be a guy who looks nothing like Shatner dressed as Shatner
Phily B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: Candlelight
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
Phily B wrote: View Post
Yeah, Kirk had just survived a fight with Klingons and was operating on adrenalin.
Don't matter
Shatner would have had the juice to still perform four flawless shoulder rolls and at least five drop kicks
Or perform a trusty ass kick.
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 09:23 AM   #10
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
Loved just about everything else. Saw it twice and may go once more
Whew. Good to hear you liked it. 'Cos I noticed the other day on the poll that there's another Lord Garth here, and he rated the movie an "F":

http://www.trekbbs.com/member.php?u=25139
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral
 
Classic Fan's Avatar
 
Location: Tardis library
View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Phily B wrote: View Post
Actually it'd be a guy who looks nothing like Shatner dressed as Shatner
Like this?





Pretty apt image, and it's not Montalban either.

You know what, I wasn't really irked by anything to be fair.

I try not to over analyse things that will ruin my enjoyment.


However...

In the back of every trek fan, there is a disgruntled voice banging away about silly things. Can't help it. It comes pre installed in all of us.
__________________
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 01:22 PM   #12
sj4iy
Commander
 
sj4iy's Avatar
 
Location: US
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
Phily B wrote: View Post
Yeah, Kirk had just survived a fight with Klingons and was operating on adrenalin.
Don't matter
Shatner would have had the juice to still perform four flawless shoulder rolls and at least five drop kicks
Which is one of the things I hated about TOS.
sj4iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 02:25 PM   #13
Chu'lak
Lieutenant
 
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

And ANOTHER THING:!!!Z!!!!@11

In Star Trek 6 Uhura didn't know Klingon, but here she's rusty but fluent.. stupid writers.Why would a linguist and communications specialist alluva sudden know the language of the Federation's primary advesary?

Woman just needs to open and close the hailing frequencies


/sarcastic nerd rage.
Chu'lak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 02:37 PM   #14
sj4iy
Commander
 
sj4iy's Avatar
 
Location: US
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

Chu'lak wrote: View Post
And ANOTHER THING:!!!Z!!!!@11

In Star Trek 6 Uhura didn't know Klingon, but here she's rusty but fluent.. stupid writers.Why would a linguist and communications specialist alluva sudden know the language of the Federation's primary advesary?

Woman just needs to open and close the hailing frequencies


/sarcastic nerd rage.
I was upset that she didn't make even ONE sandwich for those hardworking men. They must have been starving.
sj4iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 02:41 PM   #15
Chu'lak
Lieutenant
 
Re: Loved the film but a few things that irked me (ja spoilers)

sj4iy wrote: View Post
Chu'lak wrote: View Post
And ANOTHER THING:!!!Z!!!!@11

In Star Trek 6 Uhura didn't know Klingon, but here she's rusty but fluent.. stupid writers.Why would a linguist and communications specialist alluva sudden know the language of the Federation's primary advesary?

Woman just needs to open and close the hailing frequencies


/sarcastic nerd rage.
I was upset that she didn't make even ONE sandwich for those hardworking men. They must have been starving.
Although I eagerly await Zoe's fan dance...
Chu'lak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.