The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast

Pegg: Star Trek 3 Less Trek-Y

Two Trek Book Covers Unveiled
By: T'Bonz on May 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old June 18 2014, 04:34 AM   #1246
Avro Arrow
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Tarheel wrote: View Post
Sans wrote: View Post
For those that have magazines without numbers, on the inside back cover, is there a preview of the next issue? If not, what is on the inside back cover?
My magazines do not have numbers on the front, but they still have the "Next Issue" preview inside the back cover.
Same here. My most recent issue--the Klingon Bird of Prey (#3)--has a preview for the NX-01 (#4) on that page.

EDIT: Just realized that the issue number appears to exist at the end of the UPC code on the back cover. That's the only place I've seen it in my version of the magazine.

Last edited by Avro Arrow; June 18 2014 at 04:46 AM.
Avro Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 07:32 AM   #1247
Jono
Rear Admiral

Destructor wrote: View Post
Aus subscriber here.

We received Eps 7 & 8 today (Excelsior and K'Tinga) with a message saying that Ep 6 (Voyager) was delayed until next month. Curses!
Glad I wasn't the only one to miss out on Ep6 until next month.

I'm liking the starships so far. Looking forward to the DS9 special edition, which I'm guessing will also come next month.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 06:14 PM   #1248
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Props to Eaglemoss for making an effort to fill in some missing details from an issue that's already been shipped.

http://www.startrek.com/article/firs...al-weapon-ship
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2014, 02:04 AM   #1249
Kevman7987
Captain

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

Got my Stargazer and Vor'Cha today. Nice models, even though the Stargazer's saucer is thinner than it should be.

The 3-nacelle Enterprise-D was not part of the shipment. That means the 10th shipment free gift for subscribers was not part of the 10th shipment. I think I will send an email to Eaglemoss anyway. I do want to know what the holdup is with both the AGT-D and JJprise.
Old June 19 2014, 02:24 AM   #1250
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

I also got my Stargazer and Vorcha today. Vorcha looks to be one of the best so far. Stargazer...not so much. The model work looks very nice. But, is it just me, or was the paint for the top and bottom of the saucer duplicated? And was there no paint for any of the back section besides the Starfleet "arrow" and registry on the side of each nacelle. There wasn't much color in the computer model in that section, but there was some.

If that's a goof, I'm still going to keep it (makes it more...personalized). But if that's universal, that's just bad.
Old June 19 2014, 11:25 AM   #1251
spacedock1
Ensign

trekker670 wrote: View Post
Props to Eaglemoss for making an effort to fill in some missing details from an issue that's already been shipped.

Well said.My thanks to Eaglemoss and Rick Sternbach for their act of generosity.These magazines are very good.
spacedock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2014, 07:53 PM   #1252
Tarheel
Lieutenant Commander

View Tarheel's Twitter Profile

My subscription is behind everyone else (I'm in the US and I joined late), so my current shipment is the issues 8 and 9, the Excelsior and Defiant - two ships I've been looking forward to.

However I just got off the phone with Eaglemoss and asked them to accelerate my subsciption. So next week they will be shipping out issues 10-13. I can't wait!
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 01:59 AM   #1253
Caesar753
Commander

Was supposed to get my Stargazer and Vor'Cha yesterday. The Post Office says it was delivered, but I received no package. I hate to think that it was stolen, but that looks like it might be the case. Has anyone had to deal with Eaglemoss regarding a similar situation? I'm hoping they will send me a new shipment without any hassle...
Caesar753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 03:27 AM   #1254
Rick Sternbach
Fleet Captain

spacedock1 wrote: View Post
trekker670 wrote: View Post

Well said.My thanks to Eaglemoss and Rick Sternbach for their act of generosity.These magazines are very good.
My basic motive for passing along the rough CG sketches and astoundingly loose doodles was to show my editorial contact that I had done the basic vessel design work before Steve Burg whipped the thing into shape. So much of true history of the prop and vehicle design work is slowly evaporating from human memory, even mine. But digging through the sketch boxes and hard drive files will usually show how we did things.

Rick
Old June 20 2014, 12:29 PM   #1255
dudley
Commodore

There's no JJ Enterprise in the US yet because:

1. They never announced via email to US subscribers that it was coming.
2. I sincerely doubt they've managed to secure the rights to it for this territory.

There was never any guarantee that the Abramsverse ships would be coming to the US. Not that I've heard of, anyway.

dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 06:11 PM   #1256
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Oh, well...I guess that's what eBay is for...
Old June 21 2014, 07:20 PM   #1257
publiusr
Rear Admiral

I wonder if they might go with fan designs, or unused designs when they run out of canon...
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2014, 09:53 PM   #1258
Kevman7987
Captain

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

dudley wrote: View Post

2. I sincerely doubt they've managed to secure the rights to it for this territory.

There was never any guarantee that the Abramsverse ships would be coming to the US. Not that I've heard of, anyway.
But I want an official answer as to why. Is it because they did not manage to secure the rights for all territories or something else? How would they have secured the rights to those only in the UK? I wanted an official answer and hoped that someone here remembered something mentioned on Facebook or the website that I was unable to find. I sent an email to Eaglemoss, but all they will say is that they don't have an official release date yet either.

I did get a response regarding the 3-nacelle Enterprise-D however. They said that it is actually expected to be part of the 12th shipment and I should check my welcome letter. My letter states states it should come with the 10th shipment, but I will wait to send them an angrily worded email in which I demand satisfaction until after others in the US start receiving theirs while mine remains unshipped.
Old June 21 2014, 10:09 PM   #1259
judge alba
senior street judge

curse it! i kept looking thruogh this thread saying to myself "no dont give in to the need"
but i have subscribed today anyways looks like i have some catching up to do

kind of looking forwards to what they will look like in the flesh (well plastic/metal anyway)
-looks round spare room- now where can i squeeze the extra shelving unit?
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2014, 10:54 PM   #1260
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
dudley wrote: View Post

But I want an official answer as to why. Is it because they did not manage to secure the rights for all territories or something else? How would they have secured the rights to those only in the UK? I wanted an official answer and hoped that someone here remembered something mentioned on Facebook or the website that I was unable to find. I sent an email to Eaglemoss, but all they will say is that they don't have an official release date yet either.
Well it does seem like the official answer there, you wanted one and they gave it, they don't know when they'll have it released.

Where as mine is sat on my desk right here

I did get a response regarding the 3-nacelle Enterprise-D however. They said that it is actually expected to be part of the 12th shipment and I should check my welcome letter. My letter states states it should come with the 10th shipment, but I will wait to send them an angrily worded email in which I demand satisfaction until after others in the US start receiving theirs while mine remains unshipped.
Wow, bit of an over reaction. They've told you when you'll get it, you now know when you'll get it and to be honest, it's not that great anyway.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote