Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old March 22 2014, 12:02 AM   #946
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Although if ENT: Azati Prime is to go by, Starfleet apparently copied the design of the Dauntless in time for the Battle of Procyon V in the 26th Century
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2014, 12:45 AM   #947
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Toxteth O´Grady wrote: View Post
Yep!
Yet it's not Starfleet, why give out about its design?

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2014, 12:49 AM   #948
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Yet it's not Starfleet, why give out about its design?
I know it's not Starfleet. I still think it's a bland ship.
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2014, 08:51 AM   #949
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Kpnuts wrote: View Post
Toxteth O´Grady wrote: View Post
One design on Voyager that I did like was the Relativity. I'm holding out hope that Eaglemoss eventually gets to it. In fact, I loved everything about the 29th century version of Starfleet. For only being seen once, the uniforms were very impressive to me and I liked the different division colors they used. I wouldn't mind seeing a Star Trek series about a timeship from that era.
I think it's on the provisional list of 70 Eaglemoss put out. I imagine it will be made eventually, hopefully with the changeable colouring depending on the angle you look at it (can't think of the term for that)
Iridescence

A thin coating of a suitable type of lacquer might achieve that effect.
Old March 22 2014, 09:01 PM   #950
publiusr
Commodore

I seem to remember surface texture holograms
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...ic-images-work
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2014, 05:02 PM   #951
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

publiusr wrote: View Post
I seem to remember surface texture holograms
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...ic-images-work
Probably prohibitively expensive and very difficult to apply to a surface that is anything but flat.
Old March 24 2014, 11:37 AM   #952
Markonian
Captain

The models are beginning to flood ebay.de I've got a subscription (still waiting for Issue 3 & 4 btw) but this helps to shorten the wait for some of my favourites.

The prices are about ten to fiften Euro more than the retail version, which seems reasonable going the quality of the model and considering it had to be shipped from the British Isles to here.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting my new Borg sphere and USS Thunderchild. Quite fitting actually, keeping in mind that the Thunderchild fought the Borg in 2373 (TNG: First Contact) and 2380 (TNG: Before Dishonor).

What's left to do is to keep my significant other ignorant about the fact that I'll end up with some of the models twice.

I wonder what the odds are of Eaglemoss taking up some Expanded Universe ships, like the Aventine, Titan, the NX-class refit (called Columbia-class in ENT: Rise of the Federation) and STO's Enterprise-F? There are some cool models out there waiting to happen.
Old March 24 2014, 12:13 PM   #953
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Eliczo wrote: View Post
I subscribed til issue 13, ordered issues 14 & 15 seperately as I told myself I didn't want all the releases, then looking at the next 10 or so to come, there's only the Xindi ship I'm not keen on, everything else looks good. Hmm might subscribe again. Do kinda regret ordering the 2 online, as people have said here would have been better to order on the phone.
Interesting. I made my subcription online and have been billed on time and received all the models in a reasonale time as well.

The only "wait" I had was for my replacement DS9.
Old March 24 2014, 07:30 PM   #954
Eliczo
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yanks wrote: View Post
Eliczo wrote: View Post
I subscribed til issue 13, ordered issues 14 & 15 seperately as I told myself I didn't want all the releases, then looking at the next 10 or so to come, there's only the Xindi ship I'm not keen on, everything else looks good. Hmm might subscribe again. Do kinda regret ordering the 2 online, as people have said here would have been better to order on the phone.
Interesting. I made my subcription online and have been billed on time and received all the models in a reasonale time as well.

The only "wait" I had was for my replacement DS9.
Oh I made my original subscription online and never had a problem with it, the possible delay apparently can happen when your ordering from their online shop, as it quotes a delivery of 2-3 working days, and I think I ordered them last tuesday, so will be expecting to have arrived about now, but even if they take more time thats okay with me, I actually rang them today to resubscribe as it was too tempting, very good service on the phone.
Eliczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 11:38 PM   #955
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

I subscribed before everything started and have gotten all of the American releases so far. Fortunately I haven't had any of the ships arrive broken or mangled (My TMP Enterprise saucer is attached at angle though).

Their schedule with me is that I get my ships second week of the month and pay for the next month the following week. Everything is always on time too.

I am confused as to why I haven't received an email about the NuEnterprise special though; Thought it would be coming out in April since the Brits got theirs in March.
Old March 25 2014, 07:03 AM   #956
mtblillie
Commander

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
I am confused as to why I haven't received an email about the NuEnterprise special though; Thought it would be coming out in April since the Brits got theirs in March.
Same here, I got billed an extra $30 or so, but I don't know if that is for another binder or something other than the Abramprise.
Old March 25 2014, 01:22 PM   #957
Luminus
Fleet Captain

Markonian wrote: View Post

I wonder what the odds are of Eaglemoss taking up some Expanded Universe ships, like the Aventine, Titan, the NX-class refit (called Columbia-class in ENT: Rise of the Federation) and STO's Enterprise-F? There are some cool models out there waiting to happen.
They're considering it. (Scroll to bottom)

"The Face of Boe they called me."
Luminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 03:22 PM   #958
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Looks like the Stargazer is going to get the same nacelle treatment as the refit from issue 1 with blue matter acquisition sinks (before they called them bussards), and the main hull looks a little on the thin side.
Old March 25 2014, 04:32 PM   #959
Kevman7987
Commander

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile

mtblillie wrote: View Post
Same here, I got billed an extra $30 or so, but I don't know if that is for another binder or something other than the Abramprise.
I've only been charged the regular $30 so far. I wonder if they don't have enough to cover all their international customers and are staggering the American release of the special?
Old March 25 2014, 04:34 PM   #960
trekker670
Fleet Captain

mtblillie wrote: View Post
I've only been charged the regular $30 so far.
Same here, I was charged the regular $39, and got excited thinking it was the NuPrise on its way, but then compared with previous statements and my guess is that it's simply for the next set of issues.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote