Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old February 26 2014, 01:31 AM   #826
mtblillie
Commander

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

I see this heading downhill in the future. I had some things to say about it but it was impulsive so how about we just drop it and get back to the collection before this turns into a locked thread?
Old February 26 2014, 01:35 AM   #827
Yanks
Fleet Captain

mtblillie wrote: View Post
I see this heading downhill in the future. I don't really know what any of the other "complainers" are thinking, but I post to get a feel for if everyone else is going through the same problem I am. As I've said before I don't mind the wait time but I also am aware that many people are still waiting for issues that the rest of us have recieved long before, forgive me if I would like to find out if I should be concerned or not. I don't mean to be defensive but it seems like complaining about people that complain is self defeating.
I received my last order after I was billed for the next. This is the first time this has happened.

I'm assuming they are swamped with orders.

I'm getting the impression this is very popular.
Old February 26 2014, 01:40 AM   #828
mtblillie
Commander

Gee, the same thing happened to me, I'm glad we agree.

If we want to see complainers we should get the facebook posters on here, at the bbs posters are nice about it.
Old February 26 2014, 02:41 PM   #829
Sans
Lieutenant

I apologize for starting this. I do realize that this is a subscription so there is a built in wait time. However, I have had issues with my account from the start. I just wanted to see if there might have been an issue like the the selling out and reordering of DS9. If there is no issues and this just happens to be a longer than normal wait, I won't have the need to call/email them.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2014, 01:17 AM   #830
mtblillie
Commander

Sans wrote: View Post
I apologize for starting this. I do realize that this is a subscription so there is a built in wait time. However, I have had issues with my account from the start. I just wanted to see if there might have been an issue like the the selling out and reordering of DS9. If there is no issues and this just happens to be a longer than normal wait, I won't have the need to call/email them.
My understanding is that they had been behind on production, and then had to replace several damaged ones. There are a few on here that have not recieved them either.
Old February 27 2014, 02:44 PM   #831
trekker670
Captain

I think they're just using a slow shipping service. I called to update my mailing address a few days ago (so less than a week after I was charged) and they said they next issues have already shipped.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2014, 07:07 AM   #832
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Anyone else who subscribes thinking of selling the the Abramsprise? I wish there was an opt-out option on a item-by-item basis for subscribers. I just don't care for the nuTrek stuff enough. Glad that thus far it's the only item from such. :S

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2014, 09:37 AM   #833
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Frontier wrote: View Post
Anyone else who subscribes thinking of selling the the Abramsprise? I wish there was an opt-out option on a item-by-item basis for subscribers. I just don't care for the nuTrek stuff enough. Glad that thus far it's the only item from such. :S
I'm similarly ambivalent about the Abramsprise. In the UK at least, Eaglemoss give you the option of contacting them in advance to opt out of receiving any of the special issues. I've found them very responsive by email, unlike some companies I could mention.
Old March 1 2014, 08:45 PM   #834
trekker670
Captain

You can opt out. The nuEnterprise is a special issue, so just as you were given the option to opt-out of the DS9 issue, you'll be given the opportunity to opt out of this one.

As for opting out issue-by-issue, that's simply how a subscription works. You don't subscribe to a magazine and then tell them which issues you want to receive. If you want to do that, then you don't subscribe and you purchase the issues individually, which is also an option.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2014, 10:15 PM   #835
t_smitts
Commander

Has anyone from Canada signed up for this? I'm interested but a bit nervous about putting $50 on my card every month. I think it's doable, given my current financial situation, but that could always change.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2014, 12:51 AM   #836
mswood
Rear Admiral

trekker670 wrote: View Post
You can opt out. The nuEnterprise is a special issue, so just as you were given the option to opt-out of the DS9 issue, you'll be given the opportunity to opt out of this one.

As for opting out issue-by-issue, that's simply how a subscription works. You don't subscribe to a magazine and then tell them which issues you want to receive. If you want to do that, then you don't subscribe and you purchase the issues individually, which is also an option.
When are we given the ability to opt out? I just got ds9 the only reason I knew to expect it was the bank charge.
Old March 2 2014, 01:25 AM   #837
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

The Kelvin and Vengeance are lined up for future Specials, FYI.
Old March 2 2014, 02:42 AM   #838
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

t_smitts wrote: View Post
Has anyone from Canada signed up for this? I'm interested but a bit nervous about putting $50 on my card every month. I think it's doable, given my current financial situation, but that could always change.
I have subscribed, but since they're still taking pre-orders, I haven't received anything yet.

But I certainly hear you about the $50/month...
Old March 2 2014, 11:50 AM   #839
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

mswood wrote: View Post
When are we given the ability to opt out? I just got ds9 the only reason I knew to expect it was the bank charge.
If it works like in the UK, you should receive an email giving you advance notice of the special issue and specifying the date by which you must contact them if you do not want to receive it. You might want to check that Eaglemoss have your correct email address.
Old March 2 2014, 10:31 PM   #840
publiusr
Commodore

Looking forward to their take on Vengeance. The Hot Wheels version looks even better than what we saw on screen, what with the nacelle supports a bit more swan-like..
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote