RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,658
Members: 24,813
Currently online: 420
Newest member: SB118_Pavlova

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old February 21 2014, 04:55 AM   #811
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Frontier wrote: View Post
Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet, first time I've seen a picture of it, so I thought I'd share - early (not final) look at the Krenim Time-ship: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...62&mode=retail
Now that's sweet
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2014, 05:20 AM   #812
mswood
Rear Admiral

Official release list which was set up to Issue 35 (the Enterprise 22nd Century Bird of Prey) has now set the next 5.
Issue 36 - Oberth Class (Grissom most likely)
Issue 37 - Andorian Cruiser (22nd Century from Enterprise)
Issue 38 - Delta Flyer
Issue 39 - Romulan Drone Ship (from 22nd Century Enterprise)
Issue 40 - Enterprise B

Nice selection, the only one I don' have a desire for is the Romulan Drone.

So personally for me out of the regular releases thats 1 that I could give or take (the Romulan Drone) and I that I still don't know why it was selected.

That is, issue 30 (The Nausicaan Fighter from first season Enterprise). Seriously that made the choice, over say the Forunate from the same episode, which is a great, great design....

Very pleased to see the Andorian ship as that was not on the initial listing.
Old February 21 2014, 01:10 PM   #813
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Kevman7987 wrote: View Post
Hmm. So that means US subscribers will be charged the extra $40 for the Abramsprise in March, for April delivery along with Jem'Hadar & Galor? Or is my math off by a month and we get the Abramsprise in May along with Equinox & Ferengi?

TheGoodStuff wrote: View Post
The Borg cube has a battery compartment [4x AA batteries required] which light it up in traditional green. Pretty cool.
Batteries? Too bad. Part of me was hoping the cube ran off of AC power or had a USB so I could use it as a lamp on my computer desk.
Agree.
Old February 22 2014, 08:05 PM   #814
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Old February 25 2014, 02:20 AM   #815
Sans
Lieutenant

Any one else in the US receive 9&10? Or been billed for 11&12?
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 02:23 AM   #816
dudley
Commodore

Sans wrote: View Post
I'm impatiently waiting for 9&10. They seem to come later and later in the month. Haven't gotten billed for 11&12 yet.

dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 02:38 AM   #817
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Both for me.

Does anybody know when we're supposed to receive the Enterprise-D Dedication Plaque?
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 02:38 AM   #818
Sans
Lieutenant

dudley wrote: View Post
I'm impatiently waiting for 9&10. They seem to come later and later in the month. Haven't gotten billed for 11&12 yet.
Glad to hear I am not the only one. Wonder if the flooding has anything to do with it.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 06:50 AM   #819
mtblillie
Commander

I believe it should be in this coming issue...or is that the future Enterprise-D?
Old February 25 2014, 04:01 PM   #820
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Got the Defiant and Borg Sphere early last week but still waiting for the DS9.

Yeah, in the spoiled Amazon Age of near-instant delivery gratification in which we now live, waiting for close to a month for something seems...well...quaint...to put it mildly. Is what it is I guess.

If the product itself was shit I would be mad as hell. But since they've been delivering some of the best models I've seen of many of these ships in this scale (and great printed publications with them), and more to come of ships never before made into models in the future, I have been forcing myself into a state of patience I haven't needed since I was in grade school, waiting for the next day-off holiday to come around. As long as I tell myself it's worth it (and it still is at this point), I'll restrain myself from any angry phone calls and/or emails. If the wait gets up to 2 months at a time while their billing cycle remains conveniently prompt, however, I will be forced to reach out and ask "WTF"?
Old February 25 2014, 04:20 PM   #821
trekker670
Fleet Captain

I'm not sure what the big problem is here. You get charged once per month, you receive the issues once per month. The time that these happens may fluctuate a little bit, but we consistently get our products.

The thing to remember is that this isn't Amazon. You're buying a subscription, not individual products. When you subscribe to a magazine you pay once per year, and get twelve issues, one per month for the next year. In this case, they're simply splitting it up into monthly payments for semi-monthly issues, so you're not being charged $500 up front for an annual subscription and to reduce shipping costs.

I think if we view this as a subscription service, rather than an online retailer, it puts it into perspective and the "wait" becomes less of an issue.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 07:05 PM   #822
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ No problem. Read my post. I actually mention that I understand that this is not Amazon and that some waiting is required.

You're citing an issue where none exists.

My greatest issue (that you missed from my earlier posts, as well as others here) was that I was being charged on my credit card almost a full month before delivery. By today's definition, and under normal circumstances, that could be construed as tantamount to credit card fraud. Nobody should ever charge a card number until services are rendered or are ready to be so. Period. A near-month delay between card charge and delivery of goods & services is generally unacceptible in this day and age of identity theft, commercial misrepresentation and consumer fraud. If this weren't a trusted and reliable source of merchandise (and I have dealt with them in the past with the Official Star Trek Fact Files), I would never do business with them otherwise.

Since that's not the case, and I do trust that they're doing the right thing, I can still poke fun at the quaintness of it all, in comparison to a more modern way of doing delivery business, like what Amazon does. Ҫa va?
Old February 25 2014, 07:48 PM   #823
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

ah, I see the whole circle of I've been charged, who has got theirs/mines not arrived circle has began again.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel

Last edited by Dimesdan; February 25 2014 at 08:34 PM.
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 07:52 PM   #824
trekker670
Fleet Captain

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
^^^ No problem. Read my post. I actually mention that I understand that this is not Amazon and that some waiting is required.

You're citing an issue where none exists.
My post was not aimed towards you directly, but rather people in general complaining about the wait time.

My greatest issue (that you missed from my earlier posts, as well as others here) was that I was being charged on my credit card almost a full month before delivery. By today's definition, and under normal circumstances, that could be construed as tantamount to credit card fraud. Nobody should ever charge a card number until services are rendered or are ready to be so. Period. A near-month delay between card charge and delivery of goods & services is generally unacceptible in this day and age of identity theft, commercial misrepresentation and consumer fraud. If this weren't a trusted and reliable source of merchandise (and I have dealt with them in the past with the Official Star Trek Fact Files), I would never do business with them otherwise.
Again, I'll make my point about this being a subscription, not individual sales. Would you consider it fraud when Titan Magazine charges you $32 up front for 4 issues of the Star Trek magazine that will be delivered over the next year? I think not, because that's how subscription-based products work.

If you want to receive the issues immediately, cancel your subscription and buy them directly from a shop.

Please note that my use of "you" is in the general sense, not directly aimed at '137th Gebirg' or anyone else

Since that's not the case, and I do trust that they're doing the right thing, I can still poke fun at the quaintness of it all, in comparison to a more modern way of doing delivery business, like what Amazon does. Ҫa va?
While I agree that we can "poke fun" at the way this is being handles and the fan response, I don't think it's fair to say that Amazon is "modern" and, as a result, imply that subscriptions are outdated. Amazon itself has several different forms of subscription services, both through their Kindle sales and their "subscribe and save" feature.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 08:04 PM   #825
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Oh, just wait til Amazon starts delivering packages by drone, within 30 minutes of placing an order. They're already working on this for packages up to 5lbs, which I think they said is 80-90% of their business.

I've always kind of thought next-morning delivery right after I've placed the order at 8pm the preceding evening was creepy, but hat one will be a provisioning industry quantum-leap game-changer!