New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old January 23 2014, 12:38 PM   #721
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Just went out and got Thunderchild, it's nice and weighty and rather grey!

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 10:49 AM   #722
Luminus
Fleet Captain

Interesting. I think I might have to sign up. So, this is basically a $40 a month subscription, or am I reading that incorrectly?

"The Face of Boe they called me."

Last edited by Luminus; January 24 2014 at 01:02 PM.
Luminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 03:16 PM   #723
trekker670
Captain

Luminus wrote: View Post
So, this is basically a $40 a month subscription, or am I reading that incorrectly?
Yes, $40 per month gets you two ships, two magazine and some sort of "freebie" every six months (dedication plaque, Future E-D, etc.). These are probably the highest quality models I've ever seen.

They do have the special folders for the magazines. You get the first one free, and you can either choose to purchase more or not. (I opted out of the additional folders).

They also have special releases that are bigger and cost a little more. These are also optional. The first one was DS9, which was $40, but substantially larger than the typical release.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 06:14 PM   #724
Luminus
Fleet Captain

trekker670 wrote: View Post
Yes, $40 per month gets you two ships, two magazine and some sort of "freebie" every six months (dedication plaque, Future E-D, etc.). These are probably the highest quality models I've ever seen.

They do have the special folders for the magazines. You get the first one free, and you can either choose to purchase more or not. (I opted out of the additional folders).

They also have special releases that are bigger and cost a little more. These are also optional. The first one was DS9, which was $40, but substantially larger than the typical release.
Thanks. I've been looking at reviews on Youtube. The only issue I have with these is the generic base they decided to use. I happened to see the one Hot Wheels uses for their Star Trek ships and got spoiled.

"The Face of Boe they called me."
Luminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 06:58 PM   #725
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

trekker670 wrote: View Post
137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
So some people are still getting their DS9's and some others (like myself) aren't. I guess it's time to shake the tree...
They're out of stock. My replacement was ordered, but they said they're backordered and would be a few weeks before it ships. Given the number of units that have been broken upon delivery, I'm guessing they stopped production and went back to fix the issue, since they've never had stock issues before and this one probably has less demand than the others so far (it's a special, so you have to opt-in, and it's twice the price).
Gotcha. I called them today and I guess that, since I changed my credit card info with them due to the Target hack thing, the DS9 one never got processed but the other standard issues are going through without any problems. So, I gave them my CC info for a one-time payment for DS9 and they said it should arrive within 21 days. No mention of supply problems and shortages, though. Hopefully they have that all worked out now. Plus, I made sure I opted-in for any future special releases like this one. Hopefully I won't have to change my CC for a while now to screw everything up again.
Old January 24 2014, 09:12 PM   #726
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Awesome, any chance of some pics? I love the Akira-class
Ethros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2014, 02:34 AM   #727
mythme
Commodore

I wish there was some way of seeing the sales figures for each ship. I wonder if it will spike for non-hero, less-common ships? It certainly seems that A LOT of us are chomping at the bit for the Akira. This is the first one in the series I've REALLY been waiting for.
Old January 25 2014, 04:23 AM   #728
mtblillie
Commander

Agreed, it really blows me away that no one has made one before.
Old January 25 2014, 05:34 PM   #729
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Heh... Someone else on another forum I frequent couldn't understand the popularity of the Akira, having experienced probably no more overall screen time in the entirety of Trek for more than 2 minutes. Another made a very good point - the Akira is the Boba Fett (original trilogy) of the Trek universe. Hardly ever seen, but supremely bad-ass looking and everyone wants to see more. The former being the reason why nobody has done anything official on it until now; the latter being the reason why somebody is finally doing something official on it now. It is the only good explanation I can come up with.
Old January 25 2014, 06:06 PM   #730
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Yeah it's just a very cool looking design. And stands out from a lot of the other ships which are basically just the same design/layout but modified- Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy, Ambassador, Sovereign, Intrepid, etc.
(ie. a saucer section with the drive section underneath and two nacelles coming out of that.)

You can see why and how they were obviously influenced by it when designing the NX-01 for ENT.
Ethros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2014, 09:56 PM   #731
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I only wish Polar Lights didn't stop their attempt at making a mass-market kit of the Akira in 1:1000 scale. Maybe one day...
Old January 26 2014, 02:02 AM   #732
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Awesome, any chance of some pics? I love the Akira-class
http://www.thetrekcollective.com/201...allery-of.html
Old January 26 2014, 04:25 AM   #733
mythme
Commodore

looking forward to the Akira, but I gotta say that Jem'Hadar battleship looks pretty darn sweet.
Old January 28 2014, 05:37 AM   #734
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Old January 29 2014, 10:44 PM   #735
Sans
Lieutenant

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
So, I gave them my CC info for a one-time payment for DS9 and they said it should arrive within 21 days.
I my order was placed on 30 Dec 2013 and was told 2-3 weeks. I also ordered issues 5-8 at the same time. Still nothing. Emailed them yesterday and got this reply this morning:

Natasha from Eagelmoss wrote:
Thank you for your email.

There is a slight delay with the Deep Space Nine due to demand being much higher than expectation, we are awaiting more stock arriving at the warehouse.

This may have caused a delay with the other issues due to being on the same order.

It should not be too long.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Kind regards
At this point, I'm betting will get issues 9&10 before 5-8 and DS9.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote