Star Trek Beyond
By: T'Bonz on Jun 30

Trek-themed Car Accessories
By: T'Bonz on Jun 29

First Three 2016 Trek Novel Details

Spock Documentary Close To Funding Goal

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old December 2 2013, 02:40 AM   #556
Sans
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

FIRST LOOK: Next Wave of Official Starships Collection

Star Trek The Official Starships have released the first official images of issue 13, the Jem’hadar battlecruiser, and issue 14, the Cardassian Galor class, both ships that played a significant role in the Dominion War.

Read the rest here
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 03:39 AM   #557
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

After seeing the Galor class in the S5 episodes of TNG on BD, those ships were indeed quite orange, more than yellow as I think most of us thought they were.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 11:52 AM   #558
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
hose ships were indeed quite orange, more than yellow as I think most of us thought they were.
Nope, I also thought they were orange/brown and that colour scheme is spot on.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 03:24 PM   #559
Chemahkuu
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Bought the Excelsior today, and basically going to pack it in and not bother buying another one of these until Eaglemoss up their quality control a lot more, the construction of the last couple of my ships is pretty poor, defective and misshapen.
Old December 2 2013, 03:32 PM   #560
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Bought the Excelsior today, and basically going to pack it in and not bother buying another one of these until Eaglemoss up their quality control a lot more, the construction of the last couple of my ships is pretty poor, defective and misshapen.
Photos?

Apart from the port nacelle being slightly off which I can live with, what's wrong with yours?

Old December 2 2013, 03:47 PM   #561
Chemahkuu
Admiral

The starboard nacelle is titled inwards, the pylon is fine, but the nacelle was set on it wrong. And the saucer was glued on about 5-10 degrees twisted to the right, the impulse engines are pointing to the end of the port nacelle.
Old December 2 2013, 03:52 PM   #562
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

The starboard nacelle is titled inwards, the pylon is fine, but the nacelle was set on it wrong. And the saucer was glued on about 5-10 degrees twisted to the right, the impulse engines are pointing to the end of the port nacelle.
And what was wrong with the others? photos?

Old December 2 2013, 03:55 PM   #563
Chemahkuu
Admiral

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
With the NX-01 the nacelles are both titled forwards, the catamaran hulls slope slightly upwards as they go back from the saucer.

Others up thread have mentioned theirs tilt down, the nacelles are set on wrong etc so there seems to be a common problem with the nacelle portion of the models.
Old December 2 2013, 04:22 PM   #564
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

With the NX-01 the nacelles are both titled forwards, the catamaran hulls slope slightly upwards as they go back from the saucer.

Others up thread have mentioned theirs tilt down, the nacelles are set on wrong etc so there seems to be a common problem with the nacelle portion of the models.
Of the five models I have, Excelsior is the only one that I have any problem with and it's so minor, calling it a problem is making it more than it is.

Old December 2 2013, 09:33 PM   #565
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

My NX-01 seems to be nearly perfect. Of course, I didn't get out my laser level and check it, but I can't detect much slant to the nacelles or any part of the ship to be angled in anyway. But hold on, let me look at it again....well, OK, my port nacelle is slightly off...but I mean, you really have to get down and eyeball it close up to detect it. It's not off by no more than 1 degree. It's got a slight slant forwards, which means the tail is slightly higher than it should be. But like I said, it's hardly noticeable.

If anything, it's my Ent-D that I'm a bit disappointed in. The paint is kind of screwed up around the "USS Enterprise" name on top. The little black windows above the name are shifted towards the starboard side. As if the "machine" shifted as it was being painted. (I highly doubt these all are hand-painted, as they claim, even though I got a response about that from that dude that is in charge, saying that they were, but he's not directly in charge of the mass production process.) And that the port nacelle looks like it was put on a little crooked. It leans inward I think. Not by much, but it's noticeable from either front or back view.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 02:09 PM   #566
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Has anyone bought the new(?) Hot Wheels ships? 3 are from STID, but the 4th is the Excelsior. It's surprisingly big! Appropriate, I think...

McCoy: "My god that's a big ship."
Scotty: "Not so big as her Captain I think!"

The other ships the nuTrek ones are the Kelvin (yay!) the Vengeance (got 'er from the blu-ray set) and the STID Klingon Bird of Prey. Something funky w/the Kelvin's saucer paint, but oh well. Vengeance is the dark ship of doom, lol.

I have to say, the STID Klingon ship is without a doubt the UGLIEST STARSHIP EVER MADE FOR TREK. EVER. EVER!!! It's horrible. We barely see much of it in the film, thankfully. It doesn't look so bad there. But inspecting this toy... UGH! It looks like a flying backwards cockroach with wings! It's horrible! I've never contemplated outright throwing away a Trek toy I just purchased but this ship is so hideous I don't even want it in a drawer somewhere... it's that bad!

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 09:45 PM   #567
dudley
Commodore

Agreed. The STID Klingon BOP looks awful. And it doesn't make sense, since the Enterprise BOP actually looked very much like the TNG BOP. The ST: Enterprise period, of course, predates the Prime timeline.

Overall, I think the group doing the new movies don't understand what Romulans and Klingons are supposed to look like. The people and the ships.

dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 11:09 PM   #568
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Frontier wrote: View Post
I have to say, the STID Klingon ship is without a doubt the UGLIEST STARSHIP EVER MADE FOR TREK. EVER. EVER!!! It's horrible. We barely see much of it in the film, thankfully. It doesn't look so bad there. But inspecting this toy... UGH! It looks like a flying backwards cockroach with wings! It's horrible! I've never contemplated outright throwing away a Trek toy I just purchased but this ship is so hideous I don't even want it in a drawer somewhere... it's that bad!
I'm not a huge fan either. While I can have some leeway with the appearance, It just looked way to small.

Not much bigger than Mudd's ship.
Old December 7 2013, 10:22 PM   #569
publiusr
Rear Admiral

I think it looks a little Jem Hadar-ish.

Or maybe it would be a great ship for those bug things from Conspiracy--though Sternbach also did some organic looking bug-type ships that would work even better
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2013, 04:11 AM   #570
Sans
Lieutenant Commander

FIRST LOOK: Starships Collection Star Trek (2009) U.S.S. Enterprise

Star Trek The Official Starships Collection, with their first special in UK stores this week and in the US early next year, has provided StarTrek.com with an exclusive First Look at their next special: the Enterprise from Star Trek (2009).

Remember, it's a First Look; the model is still a work in progress.

Read the rest here

Last edited by Sans; December 10 2013 at 05:21 AM.
Sans is offline   Reply With Quote