Nimoy Dead At Eighty-Three
By: T'Bonz on Feb 27

Breaking news: Leonard Nimoy – ‘Mr Spock’ – dies aged 83
By: AntonyF on Feb 27

Hurley Passes
By: T'Bonz on Feb 26

USS Excelsior Model Coming Soon
By: T'Bonz on Feb 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old October 18 2013, 02:11 AM   #391
Kevman7987
Captain

View Kevman7987's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Got my ships yesterday but only got around to opening them today. The glossy magazines are really nice. The ships are nice too. Way more detail than I've ever seen on models this size.

I'm happy with the 1701-D. The paint app doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it and there doesn't seem to be any issues with the seams between the pieces of the ship.

However, I am disappointed with the 1701-refit. Paint app is only okay and the saucer was attached to the neck with a left-tilt so the ship looks like a confused dog. The engineering hull has some seam gaps on the underside. Hopefully they get it all fixed and painted correctly for the 1701-A & the rumored 1701-refit in drydock special issue.
Old October 18 2013, 01:52 PM   #392
Caesar753
Commander

I just got an email from Eaglemoss saying that my shipment has been delayed until Tuesday. They are going to send me a "limited edition Borg Cube poster" with my November shipment, as a gesture of goodwill. While I wish I had my ships already, I'm glad they are reaching out to their customers in a positive way.
Caesar753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 03:22 PM   #393
Richard Baker
Captain

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
Prototype Bajoran Solar Sailer images released:

Nice replica but I think they should change the mounting- having the focal point of the vessel buried in clear plastic grab-hands is not a very good display.

I am on the fence on this series- I really want some of the ships but cannot afford to get them all.
Richard Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 12:47 AM   #394
mythme
Commodore

I agree. While I'm looking forward to this one (a model of Solar Sailer has never been done before as far as I know), the mount should be rethought. Perhaps two forked struts under each side sail supports.
Old October 19 2013, 01:05 AM   #395
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

You guys checked out the on-line Magazine Archive from the official site yet?

All you need is your Subscriber ID# which should be in your initial shipment/charge card notification email, which should have come on, or about Oct. 9th.

Find that, and then go to the official website, select Activate Subscription, and then enter your information, and your Subscriber ID#. Submit it, and Eaglemoss will send you another email with your log-in information (your email address, and a generic password, which you can quickly change once logged in.) The viewer is a bit like Adobe Acrobat, but with a less than user-friendly Zoom feature. (scroll wheel doesn't work, and it's a toggle zoom more than and adjustable one like Acrobat,) but basically, it's a PDF presentation of the mag.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 01:56 AM   #396
Toxteth OGrady
Captain

Well, mine finally came today.

The ships look really, really nice! I was surprised that the refit Enterprise looks way better than the pictures made it out to be.

However, when I pulled the Enterprise-D out of the box I noticed that it appeared to be in 2 pieces, and I knew that it should only be in one piece. After getting it out I noticed that it came apart in the stardrive section, right above the deflector dish. The pegs on the inside connecting the two parts had snapped. So it's nothing that a little super glue won't fix.

Other than that little snafu, I'm really impressed so far with this collection!
Toxteth OGrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 05:57 AM   #397
mtblillie
Commander

Nasty wrote: View Post

The ships look really, really nice! I was surprised that the refit Enterprise looks way better than the pictures made it out to be.

However, when I pulled the Enterprise-D out of the box I noticed that it appeared to be in 2 pieces, and I knew that it should only be in one piece. After getting it out I noticed that it came apart in the stardrive section, right above the deflector dish. The pegs on the inside connecting the two parts had snapped. So it's nothing that a little super glue won't fix.

My E-D had the same problem, only it was at the cobra head (for saucer seperation) which I thought was funny when I opened the box, seeing the saucer and stardrive like it had been meant that way. Also the top quarter of the saucer is loose. But, everything is intact so I too can fix with some good glue. I'm really very happy with them, and though we had to wait it wasn't anything close to 21 days (sorry Caesar753, but it is still so worth the wait). I'm really excited to be getting these 1-2 times each month!
Old October 19 2013, 06:00 AM   #398
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Wow, that sucks. Well, now at least we/I know what holds the different parts together. So, little pegs, huh? The top part (first few decks) of the saucer section is also resin.
Old October 19 2013, 06:56 AM   #399
Toxteth OGrady
Captain

A little dollop of super glue was all it took. Now the two Enterprises are standing proud on my shelf.

And I had no idea the binder was going to be so complex to put together. But, hey, it's working so far.
Toxteth OGrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 09:36 PM   #400
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

A little dollop of super glue was all it took. Now the two Enterprises are standing proud on my shelf.

And I had no idea the binder was going to be so complex to put together. But, hey, it's working so far.
A little confusing at first isn't it? I didn't quite get what the instructions on the spine were saying. But once I figured out that the magazines would not slide over the knobby end of the peg, I realize I had them in backwards.
Old October 21 2013, 09:48 PM   #401
publiusr
Rear Admiral

I wonder if they will do a Doomsday Machine
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 04:13 AM   #402
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

As long as they don't issue a Gomtuu (aka Tin Man) -- I don't really want to see a small brown turd mounted on my shelf.
Asbo Zaprudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 08:49 PM   #403
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
As long as they don't issue a Gomtuu (aka Tin Man) -- I don't really want to see a small brown turd mounted on my shelf.
That are the Conch Shell thing...

Actually, I'm surprised that more of the Voyager alien ships aren't on the list.
Old October 22 2013, 11:18 PM   #404
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Heh...honestly, I'm glad more Voyager ships-of-the-week aren't occupying much space for this subscription. I found many of them to be repetative and lacking in much inspiration or originality. The ones that count are going to be there - Equinox, Prometheus, Dauntless, etc.

But that's just me...
Old October 23 2013, 12:12 AM   #405
mythme
Commodore

I think the Voyager ships should only be the main ones - Krenim, Kazon, Malon, Hirogen, Vidiians, the Hierarchy and Borg. Possibly also the Think Tank, the Voth and the USS Raven.