Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old September 7 2013, 03:09 PM   #211
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Nero's Shadow
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

jpv2000 wrote: View Post
My main issue is the lack of detail on the Eaglemoss model. The JL has more of the fine details painted and more of the decals as well. I would much prefer the JL model over the Eaglemoss.
Me too they've just released a picture of the USS Relaint and it has the Aztec patten but the the TMP model has not ????
Old September 7 2013, 03:11 PM   #212
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Old September 7 2013, 03:13 PM   #213
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Here it is !!! Looks good !!! Better than the TMP
Old September 7 2013, 03:15 PM   #214
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

I literally only just posted that, and you cut out another important part, the correct model of the Equinox in the background.
Old September 7 2013, 05:33 PM   #215
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
I literally only just posted that, and you cut out another important part, the correct model of the Equinox in the background.
Sorry about that great trek minds think alike !!! And it's the Road Island not the Equinox !!
Old September 7 2013, 05:35 PM   #216
Nero's Shadow
Captain

I made my picture bigger so we could see the Aztec patten sorry for that !!!
Old September 7 2013, 05:42 PM   #217
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Sorry wrong again it's the Equinox me bad
Old September 7 2013, 07:11 PM   #218
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

That is definitely the Equinox. And the Reliant also looks really good. No blue bussards. I am now wondering if the Enterprises are from the aborted first run from a year ago and they didn't want to waste the money to retool them. All these others are likely more recent and, ergo, more accurate.
Old September 7 2013, 09:36 PM   #219
Nine of Four
Commander

The Reliant looks amazing, and has always been a personal favorite of mine....

Gonna have to get it.
Old September 7 2013, 10:58 PM   #220
jpv2000
Captain

t_smitts wrote: View Post
jpv2000 wrote: View Post
Avro Arrow wrote: View Post

I think they should do both! It would be really bad for them not to include the classic TOS BoP at some point, but part of the fun of this collection is going to be getting ships that haven't yet been released elsewhere. I'm really looking forward to getting some of those ENT designs! (I'm even still hoping they can somehow get authorization to release the unused "D4" as a subscriber exclusive or something! )
I totally agree that they should do them all eventually.

I really hope the sales do very well and they would someday even release some novelverse ships. I would love a Titan and an Aventine model.
While it's not totally unheard of to get miniatures from the books (Galoob ventured into that a little bit with Star Wars), I think that's kind of a long-shot, what with Star Trek sticking to the "novels aren't canon" rule pretty faithfully over the years.

Hey, if they set does REALLY well, you never know, but, best-case scenario, they'd be pretty far down the list.

And again, that's a long shot.
I know.

Some of the Star Wars stuff I've seen gives me some hope so I'm just hoping for the best. Hope springs eternal.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 12:54 AM   #221
SoM
Commander

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
That is definitely the Equinox. And the Reliant also looks really good. No blue bussards. I am now wondering if the Enterprises are from the aborted first run from a year ago and they didn't want to waste the money to retool them. All these others are likely more recent and, ergo, more accurate.
Probably true on not wanting to retool (not really fair to say the first run was "aborted" though, unless you think it was always intended to be limited to a small area of England!). It wasn't just the sculpt though - having seen it in person now, the flat grey paint is pretty ugly. If they were going for a solid colour without "aztec pattens", they needed to break out the pearlescent paints for the TMP ship.

The interesting part of this, I suppose, is that the Enterprise-A was on the provisional list of ships separately. I suppose we'll really see their commitment to accuracy when they get there - will they sculpt anew for more accuracy, or just repaint the issue 2 model?
SoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 02:21 PM   #222
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

The Enterprise-A is quite a while away, so they likely won't go down the Diamond Select route, the A will have a better modelling job. The TMP model looks exactly like the one from the previous, failed run.

But there are a heck of a lot of Enterprises in the collection if they make all of them.

NX-01
1701 TOS
1701 JJ (subscriber gift)
1701 TMP
1701-A
1701-B
1701-C
1701-D
1701-D AGT (subscriber gift)
1701-E
1701-J
Old September 8 2013, 09:13 PM   #223
publiusr
Commodore

I hope to see them in stores.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 09:25 PM   #224
MacLeod
Admiral

SoM wrote: View Post
137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Probably true on not wanting to retool (not really fair to say the first run was "aborted" though, unless you think it was always intended to be limited to a small area of England!). It wasn't just the sculpt though - having seen it in person now, the flat grey paint is pretty ugly. If they were going for a solid colour without "aztec pattens", they needed to break out the pearlescent paints for the TMP ship.

The interesting part of this, I suppose, is that the Enterprise-A was on the provisional list of ships separately. I suppose we'll really see their commitment to accuracy when they get there - will they sculpt anew for more accuracy, or just repaint the issue 2 model?

It's not uncommon for a part-work to be released in one region of the country as a test to see if there is demand before it goes nationwide. However with the Internet these days it can make it harder to limited the release to one area.

Given what happened it seems as if they couldn't meet the demand due to subscribers who heard about it from other parts of the UK and subscribed to it.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 10:40 PM   #225
SoM
Commander

The Enterprise-A is quite a while away, so they likely won't go down the Diamond Select route, the A will have a better modelling job.
We'll see. It was #63 on the provisional list (six before the TOS Enterprise!), but the order was heavily reshuffled by the time they confirmed the first 30, so how much that means is arguable.

But there are a heck of a lot of Enterprises in the collection if they make all of them.

NX-01
1701 TOS
1701 JJ (subscriber gift)
1701 TMP
1701-A
1701-B
1701-C
1701-D
1701-D AGT (subscriber gift)
1701-E
1701-J
Oh, if they wanted to go properly Enterprise-crazy, there's more - straight away, there's the ISS Enterprise (using the pilot version of the TOS Enterprise, since TOS-R used their "The Cage" mesh for the Mirror ship?). And, on a more marginal note, if they're talking about the pizza cutter (J) whose exterior was barely glimpsed on a monitor, Drexler's NX-01 refit, there's the Enterprise XCV-330 "ring ship" (glimpsed on a wall picture in TMP) and even the Star Trek Online Enterprise-F (virtual Sovereign refit that it is).

MacLeod wrote: View Post
SoM wrote: View Post
...not really fair to say the first run was "aborted" though, unless you think it was always intended to be limited to a small area of England!...
It's not uncommon for a part-work to be released in one region of the country as a test to see if there is demand before it goes nationwide. However with the Internet these days it can make it harder to limited the release to one area.

Given what happened it seems as if they couldn't meet the demand due to subscribers who heard about it from other parts of the UK and subscribed to it.
Yeah, Trek fans are both enthusiastic and web-literate. Whoda thunk it? [Not Eaglemoss, apparently!]
SoM is offline   Reply With Quote