Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old September 6 2013, 04:29 PM   #196
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Cool, thanks.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 04:30 PM   #197
trekker670
Fleet Captain

This page seems to be relatively new, I don't recall seeing the photo line up of the series before (but it's been a few weeks since I checked the site): http://www.startrek-starships.com/eng/ship-order.html
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 09:18 PM   #198
Nine of Four
Commander

They should make a Romulan bird-of-prey based on TOS, not ENT. I like the 23rd century better than the 22nd.....
Old September 6 2013, 11:13 PM   #199
jpv2000
Captain

Nine of Four wrote: View Post
They should make a Romulan bird-of-prey based on TOS, not ENT. I like the 23rd century better than the 22nd.....
I agree, but I guess they are trying to give all the series some attention.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 12:15 AM   #200
Nine of Four
Commander

Speaking of Romulan stuff looking better in TOS, was I the only one who thought Nero and his Romulans didn't look like the Romulans we were all familiar with at all???
Old September 7 2013, 01:44 AM   #201
mythme
Commodore

trekker670 wrote: View Post
This page seems to be relatively new, I don't recall seeing the photo line up of the series before (but it's been a few weeks since I checked the site): http://www.startrek-starships.com/eng/ship-order.html

Hey wait a second...that Nova class is wrong. If it is indeed the Equinox, then it should have a different bridge and a 'notched' deflector area. What they show there is Harry Kim's alternate future Rhode Island version
Old September 7 2013, 02:22 AM   #202
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Huh...you're right. That is the Rhode Island.
Old September 7 2013, 05:06 AM   #203
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

jpv2000 wrote: View Post
I think they should do both! It would be really bad for them not to include the classic TOS BoP at some point, but part of the fun of this collection is going to be getting ships that haven't yet been released elsewhere. I'm really looking forward to getting some of those ENT designs! (I'm even still hoping they can somehow get authorization to release the unused "D4" as a subscriber exclusive or something! )
Avro Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 05:10 AM   #204
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Huh...you're right. That is the Rhode Island.
Yes, it seems that Eaglemoss have boobed.

http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/USS...nd_(NCC-72701))

The Equinox is NCC-72381.

http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/USS...ox_(NCC-72381))

Last edited by Asbo Zaprudder; September 7 2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Fix URLs
Asbo Zaprudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 06:48 AM   #205
mythme
Commodore

Would that erroneous Nova have gone into production yet or is that just a prototype? Is there a chance to give Eaglemoss the heads-up to correct their mistake (maybe they can give the Rhode Island variant as a bonus offer). Even if it means pushing the Nova class further down the list. After all, the whole point of this project is to have the most accurate ship models, right?
Old September 7 2013, 07:01 AM   #206
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Eaglemoss offer a "100% customer guarantee" so one could always ask for a refund. I expect they'd require the model and magazine to be returned. Personally, I'm not that bothered. There are bound to be a few duff issues -- the Borg sphere is pretty unexciting.
Old September 7 2013, 01:51 PM   #207
Nine of Four
Commander

Avro Arrow wrote: View Post
I think they should do both! It would be really bad for them not to include the classic TOS BoP at some point, but part of the fun of this collection is going to be getting ships that haven't yet been released elsewhere. I'm really looking forward to getting some of those ENT designs! (I'm even still hoping they can somehow get authorization to release the unused "D4" as a subscriber exclusive or something! )
I didn't say I didn't like the ENT BoP, I just like the TOS model better. I also like the D5 model idea....
Old September 7 2013, 02:18 PM   #208
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

There will be both Romulan Birds of Prey, 22nd and 23rd century.

The models past issue 5 or 6 are just prototypes, the images on that page are all placeholder CGI images borrowed until the final models have been made.
Old September 7 2013, 02:28 PM   #209
jpv2000
Captain

I totally agree that they should do them all eventually.

I really hope the sales do very well and they would someday even release some novelverse ships. I would love a Titan and an Aventine model.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 02:58 PM   #210
t_smitts
Commander

I totally agree that they should do them all eventually.

I really hope the sales do very well and they would someday even release some novelverse ships. I would love a Titan and an Aventine model.
While it's not totally unheard of to get miniatures from the books (Galoob ventured into that a little bit with Star Wars), I think that's kind of a long-shot, what with Star Trek sticking to the "novels aren't canon" rule pretty faithfully over the years.

Hey, if they set does REALLY well, you never know, but, best-case scenario, they'd be pretty far down the list.

And again, that's a long shot.

If I had to guess, I'd suspect the graphic on the site is a mistake and it WILL be the Equinox. Given their claimed attention to detail, there's no way SOMEONE wouldn't catch that.

Moreover, I just noticed the Reliant picture shows the Majestic instead, and we KNOW from the Facebook pic that it will indeed be the Reliant.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote