Inner Light Screenwriter Brooklyn Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek #44 Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Mulgrew Chicago Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Her Universe Fashion Show Contest
By: T'Bonz on Apr 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old February 22 2014, 07:31 PM   #586
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Re: New Star Wars animated show "Rebels" coming fall 2014

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
If Jones is healthy and doesn't mind, why not....Disney's pockets are deeper than the Marianas Trench and if they want the original voice of Darth Vader they can probably afford him. I very much doubt he asks Jude Law or Clooney prices for any of his TV projects.
Did you ever see his appearance on Will & Grace?

"Like I need this crap at my age. I've got Darth Vader money!"
Old February 22 2014, 07:37 PM   #587
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

That was a great appearance and that line stuck with me over the years. Yeah, he seems very willing and open-minded to do voiceover, commercial and cameo work and I hope he's approached by the producers of Rebels to revive Vader at some point.

Not to beat a dead ronto, but I'd hate to think the last time we hear James Earl Jones' voice in Star Wars is him yelling "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

-Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2014, 07:43 PM   #588
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

His recent appearance on The Big Bang Theory would make me think he's at least receptive to the idea.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2014, 07:51 PM   #589
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Not to beat a dead ronto, but I'd hate to think the last time we hear James Earl Jones' voice in Star Wars is him yelling "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
He could be used in the ST - and by that I certainly do not mean that he should return, as Vader, in the flesh in some nonsensical way, as the internet rumor mill would have it. He could appear in an old hologram recording or even a flashback sequence. If it were up to me, I would have it turn out that he made a holocron at some point during the Dark Times. That way you could have a Force-sensitive character find the Vader holocron and use it to train in the dark side with holographic Vader as the "master".

ABRAMS PLEASE DO THIS.
Old February 22 2014, 08:02 PM   #590
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Between something along the lines of what you suggest and a pretty fair chance of Anakin's Force spirit appearing in at least one of the Sequel Trilogy films I'd say it's close to 100% certainty we'll see Darth Vader in the new movies, even if it's just from a certain point of view.

-Jonathan Archer, 2151
Old March 1 2014, 08:35 AM   #591
Wadjda
Commander

Nothing is close to !00% unless it's confirmed.
Old March 1 2014, 06:18 PM   #592
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

That's why I said ”close.” This is Disney we're talking Darth Vader. One version or another of him even if it's a memory, holorecording or flashback is highly likely because he's the biggest and most profitable character in the entire Saga. The Mouse and Lucasfilm aren't likely to just sit on that.

Sure, there's a chance there won't be some kind of appearance, but I don't I think there are many that probably believe there won't.

-Jonathan Archer, 2151
Old March 1 2014, 09:58 PM   #593
Wadjda
Commander

They can milk him just fine in Rebels, not sure about the new movie since everybody knows he is dead.
Old March 1 2014, 11:41 PM   #594
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

Somehow I doubt the galaxy is just going to forget about the imposing, evil, mechanical Darth Vader - the Emperor's Right Hand, who enforced the Empire's doctrine of fear - any time soon.

Whether or not Vader shows up in the film is certainly a question, but considering how iconic his image and voice are, there's certainly a very strong possibility that LFL/Disney finds some way of incorporating one or the other (and possibly both) in the film.
Old March 1 2014, 11:44 PM   #595
Christopher
Writer

Ancient Mariner wrote: View Post
Whether or not Vader shows up in the film is certainly a question, but considering how iconic his image and voice are, there's certainly a very strong possibility that LFL/Disney finds some way of incorporating one or the other (and possibly both) in the film.
Well, SW is a universe where cloning exists...

Although I hesitate to mention that, because it creates the disturbing possibility of Hayden Christensen's return.
Old March 1 2014, 11:57 PM   #596
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

Or Jake Lloyd's likeness, for that matter. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Yipeee!

Old March 2 2014, 12:48 AM   #597
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Back between TESB and ROTJ, my working theory was that "there is another" meant that Luke had been cloned/was a clone, and that that was also the meaning of Luke seeing his own face in Vader's mask in that vision in the cave. We'd only heard of The Clone Wars in the first film, but that had made a big impression obviously. Yes, I was a fanboy, but in retrospect it's really not all that far-fetched, especially if you consider the origin finally revealed of Boba Fett.
Old March 2 2014, 01:14 AM   #598
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

We might be looking at a holorecording or flashback of Vader's career, that or Hayden appearing as Anakin's Force ghost - Vader, if you will, from a certain point of view. Technically if Anakin Skywalker appears it sort of counts as a Darth Vader scene in the movie even if Hayden is costumed in nothing but the spectral robes of a deceased Jedi Knight who's become one with the Force.

But yeah: the galaxy isn't going to just forget about Vader or the Emperor, even 30-odd years after the Battle of Endor. Vader and his Master ruled much of the galaxy with an iron fist for a generation and imposed a particularly insidious (no pun intended) form of sterile authoritarianism over all the worlds and systems that their rule touched. If Disney and Lucasfilm didn't insert Vader into Episode VII in some form or another it'd be pretty surprising.

-Jonathan Archer, 2151
Old March 2 2014, 02:44 AM   #599
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Well, SW is a universe where cloning exists...

Although I hesitate to mention that, because it creates the disturbing possibility of Hayden Christensen's return.
Quote of the day.
Old March 2 2014, 08:37 AM   #600
Wadjda
Commander

Somehow I doubt the galaxy is just going to forget about the imposing, evil, mechanical Darth Vader - the Emperor's Right Hand, who enforced the Empire's doctrine of fear - any time soon.

Let him have a statute or something, but the real playa was Palpatine.