Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 19 2013, 01:06 AM   #1
JayOwl
Vice Admiral

View JayOwl's Twitter Profile
Rate My Music

Okay, it's been about a year since I last tried restarting one of these. It'd be great if this took off. When this was last properly up and running I found a few songs that I wouldn't have found otherwise, some of them I still listen to now.

Rules:
One poster provides the next with up to three songs, linked from youtube, soundcloud or similar. (To help prevent geo-locking, either wrap the name of the song in spoilers, or post alternative links.) The next poster then listens to and rates the song(s) of the above poster, either grading them (A+,A-, etc.), or giving them (each) a score out of 10. That poster then provides links for their own song(s), and it continues!

Preferably, try to post songs that not everyone will have heard. Obscure tracks are great. Try to avoid 'big hit' songs that's been a huge commercial success all over the world that everyone will know. So, although "Hotel California" by The Eagles is a great song, you've probably been living under a rock if you haven't heard it. Having said that, it's still good to post less well know music of well know bands or music from bands that have done well in one country or a few countries but not a significant amount of others. For my first three I've got one band that's done really well in the UK but nowhere else, one that's just been pretty successful in their home country, Australia and one (Finnish) that's done well across eastern Europe. That's not to say you can't post the odd huge song, just don't do it too often.

Mine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is-knlqYp7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-9PnHygK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2sd8UMUaIk
JayOwl is offline   Reply With Quote