RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,670
Members: 24,197
Currently online: 647
Newest member: Trek's Offender

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 18 2013, 01:40 AM   #31
I am not Spock
Commodore

Re: If you wrote the next one, which original episode would you revisi

Errand of Mercy sounds great. I'd love to see that done on a large scale budget, with modern technology. They seemed to be hinting at a Klingon/Federation war with ID. And Kirk and co. did shoot up a bunch of Klingon citizens on Klingon soil. An act of war right there!

Question is, who could play Kor?
Old May 18 2013, 01:45 AM   #32
The Wormhole
Admiral

Well, it has to be And the Children Shall Lead. That's just demanding a multi-million dollar remake. With a faithful recreation of Gorgon.

Okay, how about The Omega Glory? Cloud William is a perfect movie villain.

Catspaw?
Old May 18 2013, 01:54 AM   #33
mattman8907
Lieutenant Commander

i think Mirror, Mirror should be like a fourth film. third film should be something that could break the third film curse.
mattman8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 02:04 AM   #34
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I can't believe I'm going to say this since I was totally against the idea after ST:XI but it seems the reuse of Khan has softened me.

Amok Time. Pine and Quinto are slash heaven.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 02:07 AM   #35
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post

Ain't that the truth? There were at least two scenes where I thought they were going to start making out. But don't kid yourself - that's why the whole WTF? Uhura/ Spock romance is there. Can't have anyone thinking our boys are gay, even though Kirk's overly aggressive womanizing screams "in the closet"!
Old May 18 2013, 02:08 AM   #36
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

How about this for an idea: The Klingons and Enterprise are in an intense battle when they run into a spacial anomaly that holds everyone hostage. We have to work with the Klingons to get away from said spatial anomaly, because of the Enterprise's crew genius, we are saved. Only to find out that it's headed for Kronos and could destroy them. Trying to help the Klingons leads to peace because they show themselves to be honorable in the Klingon's eyes. Starfleet could’ve just let them die. We are at war, after all.
Old May 18 2013, 02:20 AM   #37
teacake
Admiral

Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post

Ain't that the truth? There were at least two scenes where I thought they were going to start making out. But don't kid yourself - that's why the whole WTF? Uhura/ Spock romance is there. Can't have anyone thinking our boys are gay, even though Kirk's overly aggressive womanizing screams "in the closet"!
TOTALLY. I actually expected a love declaration of a leaning of the head towards the other scene a couple times..

I see Kirk as being completely hetero up until the point where he connects with Spock, some time in the previous movie. After that the attraction is always there. And this is no longer fan fantasized subtext, it's totally played to in this movie.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 18 2013, 02:27 AM   #38
section9
Commander

Anyone at Paramount, and I do mean ANYONE, who brings in those Space Hippies is getting tossed out the nearest airlock. Period.
Old May 18 2013, 02:28 AM   #39
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)

And sometimes a womanizer is just a womanizer. Don't get me wrong. If Abrams had decided to make Kirk and/or Spock gay as characters--I would have no problem with that (no more than I had with a woman as Starbuck in BSG, or with a black Norse god in Thor or the new Alan Scott being gay in DC's Earth 2 series or…). And I've definitely seen other characters in film and TV programmes who are in danger of falling out "of the closet". I just didn't get that vibe in this case. Of course, everyone comes away from experiencing art with their own take, but I didn't come away with that feeling.
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 02:28 AM   #40
teacake
Admiral

I'm gonna clap my hands and jump for joy, got a clean bill of health from Dr. McCoy!

Who wouldn't want to see Urban's expression?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 18 2013, 02:30 AM   #41
teacake
Admiral

Ovation wrote: View Post

And sometimes a womanizer is just a womanizer. Don't get me wrong. If Abrams had decided to make Kirk and/or Spock gay as characters--I would have no problem with that (no more than I had with a woman as Starbuck in BSG, or with a black Norse god in Thor or…). And I've definitely seen other characters in film and TV programmes who are in danger of falling out "of the closet". I just didn't get that vibe in this case. Of course, everyone comes away from experiencing art with their own take, but I didn't come away with that feeling.
I've been having "that feeling" about Kirk and Spock for 30 years so being objective is hopeless.

I do think that element of fandom was played to by this movie quite deliberately.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old May 18 2013, 02:35 AM   #42
section9
Commander

No, seriously, I am placing my money on a remake of The Doomsday Machine, with a handsome bounty paid to Norman Spinrad. Any remake of TDM has to involve paying Spinrad and CBS. I think that a Doomsday Machine story has great potential though.
Old May 18 2013, 02:37 AM   #43
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Ovation wrote: View Post

And sometimes a womanizer is just a womanizer. Don't get me wrong. If Abrams had decided to make Kirk and/or Spock gay as characters--I would have no problem with that (no more than I had with a woman as Starbuck in BSG, or with a black Norse god in Thor or…). And I've definitely seen other characters in film and TV programmes who are in danger of falling out "of the closet". I just didn't get that vibe in this case. Of course, everyone comes away from experiencing art with their own take, but I didn't come away with that feeling.
I've been having "that feeling" about Kirk and Spock for 30 years so being objective is hopeless.

I do think that element of fandom was played to by this movie quite deliberately.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 02:41 AM   #44
The Wormhole
Admiral

Pine and Quinto are slash heaven.
Then Shore Leave needs to be redone. Or at the very least, that back rub scene does.
Old May 18 2013, 03:00 AM   #45
teacake
Admiral

The backrub scene:

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne