Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 29 2013, 04:09 AM   #76
AviTrek
Fleet Captain

Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Jeff O'Connor wrote: View Post
I've always felt like DS9 ended precisely where it should have. There were more stories it could have told but they'd really been doing so well for several seasons at that point that it's difficult for me to imagine a non-war season successfully scrambling together a similar strength after the creators had gotten so good at the gloom.
Which is somewhat telling, DS9 knew it was getting 7 years. TNG was pulled after 7, so DS9 knew 7 would be it for them too. As a result they were able to pace themselves and bring the story to a natural ending point. Most other shows don't know when they're ending until almost the end.
AviTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2013, 12:50 PM   #77
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
I'm hoping for the dawn of Warehouse 14 . . ..
The question is what would happen in America to make them want to move the Warehouse again? Warehouse 11 shut down due to the aftermath of Napoleon's attempt to invade Russia. Warehouse 12 shut down due to the onset of World War I. What could make America unattractive enough? You guessed it - Obamacare.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2013, 11:37 PM   #78
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
I'm hoping for the dawn of Warehouse 14 . . ..
The question is what would happen in America to make them want to move the Warehouse again? Warehouse 11 shut down due to the aftermath of Napoleon's attempt to invade Russia. Warehouse 12 shut down due to the onset of World War I. What could make America unattractive enough? You guessed it - Obamacare.
Huh... And here I was gonna guess a super volcano explosion in Yellowstone, one NOT caused by HG.
Old May 30 2013, 09:29 AM   #79
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I don't think they'll do anything that deviates so far from reality. The premise of the show is that this stuff is happening in the shadows of "our" world. If they move the Warehouse, I'm sure it will be because of something more subtle.
Old May 31 2013, 09:46 PM   #80
Worf2DS9
Writer

Well, there's always the book . . . .
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
^^ But will there be another?
Perhaps with the TV show ending, it would be the perfect time for a series of books to carry on the adventures of the W13 team (or possibly even begin the W14 era, depending on how things end with the series). I'm sure "A Touch of Fever" has been feeling lonely on the shelf these last couple of years.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 12:23 AM   #81
danellis
Lieutenant Commander

The question is what would happen in America to make them want to move the Warehouse again? Warehouse 11 shut down due to the aftermath of Napoleon's attempt to invade Russia. Warehouse 12 shut down due to the onset of World War I.
Have they said either of those two on screen? I would've thought WWII represented the end of the Empire more than WWI.

My knowledge of Russian history is extremely flaky but how would Napoleon's failed invasion attempt represent the "fall" of Russia - or was it more a case of the Empire overtaking Russia?

dJE
danellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 07:58 AM   #82
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

danellis wrote: View Post
The question is what would happen in America to make them want to move the Warehouse again? Warehouse 11 shut down due to the aftermath of Napoleon's attempt to invade Russia. Warehouse 12 shut down due to the onset of World War I.
Have they said either of those two on screen? I would've thought WWII represented the end of the Empire more than WWI.

My knowledge of Russian history is extremely flaky but how would Napoleon's failed invasion attempt represent the "fall" of Russia - or was it more a case of the Empire overtaking Russia?

dJE

IIRC, not everything has made it to "the screen", but the syfy website carries warehouse back stories.

http://www.syfy.com/warehouse13/history
Old June 1 2013, 10:46 PM   #83
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Worf2DS9 wrote: View Post
Well, there's always the book . . . .
^^ But will there be another?
Perhaps with the TV show ending, it would be the perfect time for a series of books to carry on the adventures of the W13 team (or possibly even begin the W14 era, depending on how things end with the series). I'm sure "A Touch of Fever" has been feeling lonely on the shelf these last couple of years.
Alas, at the moment, I'm not aware of any more WH13 novels in the pipeline. It was a one-book deal and the editor in charge has since moved onto greener pastures. I keep hoping somebody else will pick up the license, but with the show going off the air, that's probably a long shot.

(In general, publishers want to get in on the Next Big Thing, not something that's winding down.)
Old June 2 2013, 12:08 AM   #84
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

Who knows? Maybe at some point we'll still get that H.G.-spinoff (depending on how long Defiance runs).
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 01:30 AM   #85
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Maybe "this" is how W13 ends...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NamrFgyrjao

Old June 2 2013, 09:54 AM   #86
RJDiogenes

Alas, at the moment, I'm not aware of any more WH13 novels in the pipeline. It was a one-book deal and the editor in charge has since moved onto greener pastures. I keep hoping somebody else will pick up the license, but with the show going off the air, that's probably a long shot.

(In general, publishers want to get in on the Next Big Thing, not something that's winding down.)
That's a shame, but there's always hope. Thirty years later, Kolchak novels and anthologies were being published. Maybe somebody at Moonstone likes WH13.
Old June 2 2013, 03:31 PM   #87
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

That's a shame, but there's always hope. Thirty years later, Kolchak novels and anthologies were being published. Maybe somebody at Moonstone likes WH13.
Heck, Moonstone just put out a new anthology of stories featuring the old 1940 pulp hero, THE AVENGER. (No relation to Steve and Tony, or Steed or Emma). And I did mention that I have a story in the collection?

A shameless plug, I know, but since you mentioned Moonstone . . .
Old June 2 2013, 09:24 PM   #88
RJDiogenes

Shameless plugs are good-- I should do that more often myself. I wish I had known that yesterday when I put in my order for the Doc Savage and King Kong crossover novel. Well, it's in my shopping cart for next time.
Old June 4 2013, 01:40 PM   #89
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I feel so sorry for Myka.

Goodbye Helena.

We're going to miss you.

Have a great life.
Old June 4 2013, 05:02 PM   #90
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Honestly, I'm hoping that is just a temporary detour for Helena. Myka had it right the first time: who wants H. G. Wells to settle down and live happily ever after as a suburban mom?

"The 147-year-old father of science fiction" deserves a better sendoff.