RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,577
Posts: 5,514,823
Members: 25,154
Currently online: 522
Newest member: MC1367

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 29 2014, 05:34 PM   #361
dansigal
Commander
 
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

They could always cross-over with the new Librarian tv series on TNT. Agents from the Library and Agents from WH13 battling to see who can bag and tag artifacts!
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2014, 07:52 PM   #362
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

sojourner wrote: View Post
W13 owes a lot to the old Friday the Thirteenth tv series as well.
Ah. Saw that reference but didn't know if they were joking. I never saw the show.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 04:36 AM   #363
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
W13 owes a lot to the old Friday the Thirteenth tv series as well.
Ah. Saw that reference but didn't know if they were joking. I never saw the show.
Yeah, the title is very deceptive. Probably pissed off the Jason Voorheis fans and turned off viewers not interested in that. Still, ran for three seasons so maybe not.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 09:37 AM   #364
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDonner&Blitzen's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

The title made no sense, but it was a good show-- for the first couple of years, anyway. Warehouse 13 definitely owes something to that show, as well as the warehouse at the end of Raiders.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDonner&Blitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 04:01 PM   #365
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Wasn't that about some guy who inherited a curio shop from his uncle, discovered a lot of the items in it were cursed in some fashion, and then started tracking them down with the help of his friends? This is starting to come back to me, but I'm too lazy to go to Wiki today.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 04:12 PM   #366
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral
 
Corran Horn's Avatar
 
Location: I-L
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

dansigal wrote: View Post
They could always cross-over with the new Librarian tv series on TNT. Agents from the Library and Agents from WH13 battling to see who can bag and tag artifacts!
Makes you wonder what TNT sees that Syfy doesn't in that they're really the same show when you get down to it.

I guess WH13 became too costly after however many years.
__________________
"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. I play video games, which I think is a far superior addiction to any of those other ones. "
Corran Horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 09:41 AM   #367
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDonner&Blitzen's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Wasn't that about some guy who inherited a curio shop from his uncle, discovered a lot of the items in it were cursed in some fashion, and then started tracking them down with the help of his friends? This is starting to come back to me, but I'm too lazy to go to Wiki today.
I started to explain, but all I could remember was that Micki and Ryan were cousins. So, after a trip to Wiki: It turns out that they were the ones who inherited the shop from their uncle and the older guy was a friend of the uncle who was an occultist who tipped off Micki and Ryan as to what was going on. The uncle had sold his soul to the devil and was selling cursed antiques, but he had had a change of heart. According to Wiki, the original title was The 13th Hour, which still makes no sense but is better than Friday the 13th: The Series. Anyway, it was a good show until they de-aged Ryan and replaced him with a love interest for Micki.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDonner&Blitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2014, 02:28 PM   #368
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Wasn't that about some guy who inherited a curio shop from his uncle, discovered a lot of the items in it were cursed in some fashion, and then started tracking them down with the help of his friends? This is starting to come back to me, but I'm too lazy to go to Wiki today.
I started to explain, but all I could remember was that Micki and Ryan were cousins. So, after a trip to Wiki: It turns out that they were the ones who inherited the shop from their uncle and the older guy was a friend of the uncle who was an occultist who tipped off Micki and Ryan as to what was going on. The uncle had sold his soul to the devil and was selling cursed antiques, but he had had a change of heart. According to Wiki, the original title was The 13th Hour, which still makes no sense but is better than Friday the 13th: The Series. Anyway, it was a good show until they de-aged Ryan and replaced him with a love interest for Micki.
Hell, the reason I didn't even check the show out was BECAUSE of that title!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 10:01 AM   #369
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDonner&Blitzen's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

I don't blame you. I wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't read an article in some magazine.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDonner&Blitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 12:34 PM   #370
danellis
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: UK
Re: Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
...Warehouse 13 definitely owes something to that show, as well as the warehouse at the end of Raiders.
I always start with Raiders when I'm telling people how great W13 is.

dJE
danellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.