Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old May 19 2013, 04:51 PM   #61
KittyDuran
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Post here if you actually loved this movie!!

Maestro wrote: View Post
I read a lot of reviews that bemoaned that Uhura has replaced McCoy in the "trilogy," and that Bones had been backbenched. I really didn't find that to be the case. If anything, STiD found ways to bring all the characters from the OS onto center stage.
You might get some quibble from Chekov fans... tho' he gets into a lot of scenes in another role.
Old May 19 2013, 05:03 PM   #62
Maestro
Vice Admiral

I thought it was pretty neat how they took him in a completely different direction in this flick. It's interesting how little people are pleased, though. The same folks who were upset with the change for Chekov in this flick are probably also upset that they lifted lines straight from TWOK elsewhere. Haters gonna hate.
Old May 19 2013, 05:04 PM   #63
The Keeper
Commodore

I gave it an A in the grading thread. Points off for a few minor quibbles but yeah, I love it and cannot wait to see it again.
Old May 19 2013, 08:50 PM   #64
poundpuppy29
Lieutenant Commander

View poundpuppy29's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to poundpuppy29 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poundpuppy29 Send a message via Yahoo to poundpuppy29

I loved this movie I gave it a an A+ it had everything I love in scifi action adventure, witty comedic moments & great character moments
Old May 19 2013, 09:08 PM   #65
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

I'm doing my best to drown out the sounds of the haters with how awesome and fun this film is. Let them call this thing an atrocity. That's just more for the rest of us.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
Old May 19 2013, 09:13 PM   #66
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

I greatly enjoyed it, even more than I enjoyed the previous film. It was flawed, but fun.
Old May 20 2013, 12:04 AM   #67
CorporalClegg
Admiral

I loved it so fucking much I'm going to marry it!

Err, just as soon as I move back to Minnesota.
Old May 20 2013, 12:04 AM   #68
saddestmoon
Lieutenant Commander

Posting here, because I absolutely loved this movie!!!!

Posted for truth!
Old May 20 2013, 12:05 AM   #69
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

I'm thrilled with the movie. It was hardly perfect. But I loved its blend of action, character and theme.
Old May 20 2013, 01:51 AM   #70
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Just got back from seeing it for the second time. It was just as much fun today as it was on Friday, and this time I knew to pay more attention to certain scenes to pick up on more details.

I liked the moment when little Keenser just walks up to Kirk, looks up without saying a single word and submits his own PADD to the Captain as he resigns alongside Scotty in protest of the new torpedoes being brought aboard the ship. Some people in the theater chuckled and seemed to think the moment was cute. Can't blame them. It was kind of cute.

Old May 20 2013, 02:00 AM   #71
KittyDuran
Lieutenant Commander

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Just got back from seeing it for the second time. It was just as much fun today as it was on Friday, and this time I knew to pay more attention to certain scenes to pick up on more details.

I liked the moment when little Keenser just walks up to Kirk, looks up without saying a single word and submits his own PADD to the Captain as he resigns alongside Scotty in protest of the new torpedoes being brought aboard the ship. Some people in the theater chuckled and seemed to think the moment was cute. Can't blame them. It was kind of cute.
Just got back as well for seeing it the second time - tho' not w/o difficulties... the fire alarm was tripped with 10 minutes left in the movie. We waited out in the parking lot a good 15 minutes then another 10 minutes waiting for the rest of the movie to come back on. Instead of starting up the movie where it was left off - they took it back another 10 minutes. Of well, got a free pass out of it.
Old May 20 2013, 02:08 AM   #72
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

I am an old trek nerd, and I loved it.
Old May 20 2013, 02:12 AM   #73
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

It was cute. I like Keenser. He's obviously a good engineer, or Scotty wouldn't have him around. Plus, like Scotty, Keenser has principles, and he, too, is willing to put them on the line when necessary. Nice bit of development for him, too.

Also, Scotty at the bar? I want that suit.

KittyDuran wrote: View Post

Just got back as well for seeing it the second time - tho' not w/o difficulties... the fire alarm was tripped with 10 minutes left in the movie. We waited out in the parking lot a good 15 minutes then another 10 minutes waiting for the rest of the movie to come back on. Instead of starting up the movie where it was left off - they took it back another 10 minutes. Of well, got a free pass out of it.
Woohoo! Free pass!
Old May 20 2013, 02:23 AM   #74
tmosler
Lieutenant Commander

I am a big fan of star trek and have watched very episode of original series, next generation, ds9, and all the feature films. With that being said I loved it. Without a doubt this movie is now my favorite star trek movie ( sorry wrath of kahn) my family loved it and parts such as the kahn scream which I was holding my breath for didn't seem that bad. in fact the scream only lasted 2 seconds before the cut to another scene so I dont see the big deal. The only part I didnot like was that the villain is khan but I think it worked out good in the end. Also the Kirk death scene was not a copy of the original they added plenty of new dialog and there was only 3 short lines they copied. Lastly the audience greatly enjoyed it and laughed at all the funny parts.
Old May 20 2013, 02:23 AM   #75
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

I want a Keenser plush toy.

Yeah, you heard me. Make this happen. If it doesn't, the space terrorists win.

Closed Thread