Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 10 2014, 02:07 AM   #136
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Reign - The CW

What does Kenna take as his widow?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 02:25 AM   #137
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

A cat?
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 06:01 AM   #138
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Henri historically died in a joust that went wrong, and the promo pics from the finale show him all dressed up in armor at what looks like a Tournament.

Odds are they'll kill him off in the finale and have the rest of the series be about Francis' juggling his new Kingship of France with his marriage to Mary.

Francis himself isn't long for the world, but M.A.S.H. managed to get seasons and seasons out of a war that didn't last very long either.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 02:05 PM   #139
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Anwar wrote: View Post
Odds are they'll kill him off in the finale and have the rest of the series be about Francis' juggling his new Kingship of France with his marriage to Mary.
I agree; though Francis only ruled a year and a half, they could get two, possibly three, season out of that. The political machinations between Catherine and the Duc de Guise, the coup attempt by a group of Protestants, the English siege of Edinburgh, and the establishment of Protestantism as Scotland's official religion -- there's story fodder there.

I have a hard time seeing the series shift gears entirely when Mary returns to Scotland after Francis' death. It would be interesting, the Catholic Mary having to deal with John Knox and a Protestant Scotland, yes, but very different. (Though, a reformatted series set in Scotland would have the "Who is Mary going to love?" dynamic of a CW series.)

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2014, 08:13 PM   #140
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Next season is going to be about Henri's children with Mary coming back in time to save their father from an early death so that they will be born at all.

Old May 13 2014, 09:52 PM   #141
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Susan Pevensie's husband isn't a real prince! And now he's gone, too.
Old May 16 2014, 04:50 PM   #142
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Interesting finale ... Henry is dead, killed in a joust by an incognito Francis. Lola goes into labor, and Mary tells Francis he's the daddy. The Darkness was a deranged man, not a beast.

It was funny watching the ending. Mary goes, "Francis, you must go to Lola. She's giving birth to your child!" Then a couple minutes later, "Francis, don't go. There's going to be a plague!"

I never thought I'd get hooked on this show.
Old May 16 2014, 05:19 PM   #143
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
Interesting finale ... Henry is dead, killed in a joust by an incognito Francis. Lola goes into labor, and Mary tells Francis he's the daddy. The Darkness was a deranged man, not a beast.
I went into last night's episode thinking that Bash would die in his search for the Darkness. So when he survived -- and then he and Kenna said that they loved each other -- I didn't know quite what to think. Especially considering that Bash and Kenna didn't like each other two months ago and now they're besotted with each other.

It was funny watching the ending. Mary goes, "Francis, you must go to Lola. She's giving birth to your child!" Then a couple minutes later, "Francis, don't go. There's going to be a plague!"
Mary has become one of the least sympathetic characters on the series, and that scene was her unsympathetic self in a nutshell.

I'm curious if Anna Poppelwell was on the fence about returning for a second season, because the way the episode ends Lola's fate could go either way.

I never thought I'd get hooked on this show.
Me, neither. I liked the series a lot more in the Back Nine, once they nuked the Mary/Francis/Bash love triangle from orbit and went more for the political machinations. It was like a PG-13 Tudors.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 02:41 AM   #144
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

It was okay. Was hoping for more, not sure what. LOL.

Leith just can't catch a break.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 04:42 AM   #145
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Is Frances going to be undone by Nostradamus' prophecies of this exact thing happening published years earlier?