Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 21 2013, 12:11 AM   #1
WarpFactorZ
Captain

What exactly was Harrison's job?

I've been think about this since seeing the movie. From the time Khan is thawed by Marcus until the events of STiD, only a year has passed. Yet, somehow, in this time Khan is strongarmed into working for Section 31, given a lab job designing torpedoes, and possibly major systems in the Vengeance as well.

I have a hard time believing this all took place in a year. Although Kirk says "John Harrison" didn't exist until one year prior, can someone refresh my memory as to whether he said the Botany Bay was discovered a year earlier? It would make more sense for it to have been discovered MANY years ago. It would have probably made more sense for Section 31 to accelerate their programs after the Kelvin incident, and not the destruction of Vulcan.
WarpFactorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 12:17 AM   #2
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What exactly was Harrison's job?

It would have been better if they had left when Khan was found and how long he'd been working for Starfleet vague.
Old May 21 2013, 12:22 AM   #3
RAMA
Vice Admiral

But he's better at...everything...
Old May 21 2013, 12:24 AM   #4
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

RAMA wrote: View Post
But he's better at...everything...
I hear he makes a mean Apple Pie.
Old May 21 2013, 12:33 AM   #5
RAMA
Vice Admiral

I'm down for some genetically superior human-made pie!
Old May 21 2013, 01:03 AM   #6
The Wormhole
Admiral

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
I have a hard time believing this all took place in a year. Although Kirk says "John Harrison" didn't exist until one year prior, can someone refresh my memory as to whether he said the Botany Bay was discovered a year earlier? It would make more sense for it to have been discovered MANY years ago. It would have probably made more sense for Section 31 to accelerate their programs after the Kelvin incident, and not the destruction of Vulcan.
According to Khan, it was the destruction of Vulcan that motivated Marcus and Section 31 to begin searching for the Botany Bay.
Old May 21 2013, 06:00 AM   #7
Cadet49
Lieutenant Commander

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
I've been think about this since seeing the movie. From the time Khan is thawed by Marcus until the events of STiD, only a year has passed. Yet, somehow, in this time Khan is strongarmed into working for Section 31, given a lab job designing torpedoes, and possibly major systems in the Vengeance as well.

I imagine
Cadet49 is offline   Reply With Quote