RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,678
Members: 24,827
Currently online: 508
Newest member: Sb118_James

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old May 23 2013, 02:47 PM   #1
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

First pic of the Moebius TOS G

For those interested, here is the first photo I could find of the Moebius G prototype (at WonderFest 2013) for release next year.

http://culttvman.com/main/?p=29729

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic. It looks REALLY good!
Old August 30 2013, 03:10 PM   #2
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: First pic of the Moebius TOS G

I know it's been a while since I last posted here, but apparently a new close-up pic has surfaced of the TOS-G "alligator head" on Moebius' FaceBook page. While I think the surface etching is a little stark, it still appears highly accurate and lovingly made. The 35 year wait is almost over...
Old September 4 2013, 12:59 AM   #3
BoredShipCapt'n
Commodore

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
I know it's been a while since I last posted here, but apparently a new close-up pic has surfaced of the TOS-G "alligator head" on Moebius' FaceBook page. While I think the surface etching is a little stark, it still appears highly accurate and lovingly made. The 35 year wait is almost over...
It could just be the harsh light. A little paint and more diffuse light and it'll be great.

Long live TOS!

Old September 25 2013, 02:51 PM   #4
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

New update: New pics of the finished model.

Aside from the heavily inscribed hull lines (which look to be in the final production version), this thing is positively beautiful! Well worth the wait.
Old October 7 2013, 05:48 PM   #5
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

More pics! This kit continues to amaze!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...psd929572e.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps2218acac.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps94ad5a1a.jpg

The stand concerns me - while I love the design on it, it seems awfully small to support something with such a high center of gravity. It doesn't look like it would take much to knock the model over along the long axis, in either direction. I think I'll have to get one of those wider wooden bases from Michael's or something to shore up the support, as I do want to keep the base design.

The grid lines seem palatable, once painted in a common color, however, provided they're not over-weathered. A welcome realization.