Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 19 2014, 02:17 AM   #556
mos6507
Captain

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

This is the best real-time interior graphics I've ever seen. Just being able to compare it to a real environment brings home how far it's possible to go with realtime gfx (in the right hands of course).
Old June 19 2014, 03:50 AM   #557
Albertese
Commodore

You know, except for a couple tell-tales here and there, I might believe these were on-set production stills.

Outstanding!

--Alex
Old June 19 2014, 07:54 AM   #558
Donny
Commander

Quick update before I fall asleep: Turbolift

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2014, 09:52 AM   #559
Mario de Monti
Captain

WOW, I think I almost fainted!!! Donny, this is outstanding work Can´t wait to see more
Old June 19 2014, 08:52 PM   #560
Robert Simmons
Commander

View Robert Simmons's Twitter Profile

Looks great Don. Has the new software been giving you the full freedom to do what you been wanting to do? Or has it hindered you in achieving more than what we see here. ( which is pretty )
Old June 19 2014, 08:54 PM   #561
Donny
Commander

Robert Simmons wrote: View Post
Looks great Don. Has the new software been giving you the full freedom to do what you been wanting to do? Or has it hindered you in achieving more than what we see here. ( which is pretty )
I'm very satisfied with the new software thus far!

Old June 19 2014, 08:59 PM   #562
Tallguy
Fleet Captain

Sooooo... When can we see it in motion?
Old June 20 2014, 03:06 AM   #563
QuinnTV
Lieutenant Commander

This is damn pretty. Really outstanding work, Donny.
QuinnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 11:56 AM   #564
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Wow! The level of realism has noticably increased ever since the Unreal 3 Engine. Most impressive, the wait was definitely worth it.

Donny wrote: View Post
Here, you see I've created a light panel that is placed where the set's studio lights would normally be.
Do I presume correctly that the light was somewhat inspired by the scene in "Journey to Babel" where Kirk gives Sarek a tour of the ship and points up? (darn, I wish we had some lip readers that could tell us what it is exactly Kirk says to Sarek during this moment).

I'm not sure whether the ceiling lights in the corridors would look like the massive one on top of the hangar deck as blssdwlf suggested.
The ceiling light precedence I always think of would be the colored panels above the stations of the bridge. They have a somewhat corrugated diffraction nature (is that the right word?) that could disperse light at various angles and maybe explain the existence of multiple shadows we see?

Just my 0.02 $.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 04:23 PM   #565
JJohnson
Captain

That's amazing work! Do keep it up! Are you going to shoot for a complete Unreal 4 walkthrough, or just a series of stills?
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 06:29 PM   #566
Donny
Commander

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Wow! The level of realism has noticably increased ever since the Unreal 3 Engine. Most impressive, the wait was definitely worth it.

Here, you see I've created a light panel that is placed where the set's studio lights would normally be.
Do I presume correctly that the light was somewhat inspired by the scene in "Journey to Babel" where Kirk gives Sarek a tour of the ship and points up? (darn, I wish we had some lip readers that could tell us what it is exactly Kirk says to Sarek during this moment).

I'm not sure whether the ceiling lights in the corridors would look like the massive one on top of the hangar deck as blssdwlf suggested.
The ceiling light precedence I always think of would be the colored panels above the stations of the bridge. They have a somewhat corrugated diffraction nature (is that the right word?) that could disperse light at various angles and maybe explain the existence of multiple shadows we see?

Just my 0.02 $.

Bob
I'm going to "pretend" that these light panels, through futuristic technology unbeknownst to us, have the ability to throw out different isolated hues of light, although the panels themselves appear white...

By the way, I was inspired primarily by this photo from The Enemy Within....http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...ithinhd464.jpg

Old June 20 2014, 10:30 PM   #567
Robert Comsol
Commodore

By the way, I was inspired primarily by this photo from The Enemy Within....http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...ithinhd464.jpg
Good catch! Yes, the light in the engine room has to come from somewhere and that would probably be the most ideal spot.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2014, 12:53 AM   #568
dg1379
Commander

Awesome work!
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2014, 03:09 AM   #569
blssdwlf
Commodore

@Bob - I wasn't suggesting massive at all. As mentioned in my original reply, I was suggesting the light panels to be less recessed like the hangar lights. The "Enemy Within" lights is another good source of inspiration and I'd suggest less recessed panels and to also extend them in a direction so the ends connect to the vertical frames. That way it'd keep to the style as shown. But it's just IMHO.

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post

Just my 0.02 $.

Bob
I'm going to "pretend" that these light panels, through futuristic technology unbeknownst to us, have the ability to throw out different isolated hues of light, although the panels themselves appear white...

Old June 21 2014, 07:13 PM   #570
Donny
Commander

blssdwlf wrote: View Post
The "Enemy Within" lights is another good source of inspiration and I'd suggest less recessed panels and to also extend them in a direction so the ends connect to the vertical frames. That way it'd keep to the style as shown. But it's just IMHO.
I originally wanted to extend the panels to connect with the vertical frames, but because the distance between each of these frames in the corridors of Stage 9 is different, I would be required to model a separate mesh for each section between the frames. This process would both take longer and require more memory at run time. Therefore, this modular approach I have taken works best, given the nature of a real-time gaming engine.

Plus, I like the way it looks

Thank you, blssdwlf, for your suggestions though!