Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 7 2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
The Sims 4

http://thesims.com/en_US/thesims4

Yup, early 2014 release and Maxis has already reassured the fans that the game will be entirely offline unlike the recent Sim City release.

I played the first game a bit, the second a lot and barely touched the third. Really not sure about another installment, but maybe this one will be significant enough a change from Sims 2 out of the box to be worth picking up.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
Chemahkuu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Tiberius
Commodore

Re: The Sims 4

I want screenshots.
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

It's not out for another year at least, there aren't any yet. But the banners all show Sims with better appearances than the 3rd generatio, assuming they're from the new game.
Old May 8 2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Jeyl
Commodore

The new title will be a single-player offline experience and will include new tools to aid gamers in personalizing their Sim world.
Well, at least it's off to a good start.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2013, 05:41 PM   #5
BennieGamali
Lieutenant Commander

I won't buy it, I think. I am not happy with EA and am thinking of boycotting them entirely. The game is simply too expensive with the expansions and too boring without them.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Roy Batty
BennieGamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Kestra
Vice Admiral

BennieGamali wrote: View Post
I won't buy it, I think. I am not happy with EA and am thinking of boycotting them entirely. The game is simply too expensive with the expansions and too boring without them.
I'm with you on that. The expansion scheme is so irritating. Also I've seen your posts in other places on the board and wanted to say hello, and welcome to the forum!
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2013, 07:53 PM   #7
BennieGamali
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Kestra!
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Roy Batty
BennieGamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I was obsessed with the first Sims and have spent a fair amount of time on Sims 2 as well, but I never really got into Sims 3. I have all of the expansions that I wanted for Sims 2 and have been satisfied with replaying that one.

There are many different kinds of Sims players, and the problem for me is that the newer games are trending away from my purpose for playing. I enjoy the "boring" day to day stuff that we have to make them do, like eating, going to the bathroom, getting to work on time, studying, etc. I couldn't care less about going out on the town or shopping or visiting neighbors. I want to spend hours and hours meticulously building and decorating a house and creating Sims, and then spend hours and hours meticulously controlling their lives. For instance I would never leave the Free Will box checked, that would defeat the whole purpose of the game to me.

It became clear to me that this was not the typical way to play, and not the direction that the series was going in, when I participated in a focus group for a new Sims game a few years ago (Sims Castaway, I think it ended up being called). We all got to play the new game and then give our feedback in a group setting, and I was clearly the odd man out. I started with, "It's completely ridiculous that they only go to the bathroom once every two days, that's not realistic at all, and why don't they need to eat hardly anything? Too many directed tasks are given, I would prefer to decide on my own everything they do." The rest of the group looked at me like I was crazy and said that was their favorite part of the new game, not having to focus on daily tasks.

And so I think I'll just stick with Sims 2, which is really the perfect game to me.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I love the Sims 2 and tend to plan out exactly what my Sims will do, but on a larger scale than that, entire family lines, particular Sim purposes etc.

I never got into the Sims 1 but I do have the Deluxe edition sitting around somewhere.

I bought the Sims 3 on launch, played it maybe for 3 weeks, a month at most and just got bored with it very quickly.