Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old May 18 2013, 09:32 AM   #121
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Re: Matt Smith confirmed for series 8

I'm happy to see that Matt will be back for one more season, though I hope they go with a new Doctor for series 9. 3-4 years seems like a good run for modern Who.

Kaijufan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 09:46 AM   #122
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Excellent news. Hope we get at least one full series with Clara so she'll have had more episodes than Martha or Donna.

Also nice to see that Smith will beat Tennant in number of episodes.
Well that's just silly.
Old May 18 2013, 08:57 PM   #123
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

The BBC has announced the series eight commission. Yes, various people have said that they're working on it, that they know it's coming, etc., but here's the official word.

There are some notable things about the announcement.

One. It doesn't say who is starring in it.

Two. It doesn't say how many episodes.

Three. It doesn't say when it will start.

All we know officially is that it's coming and that Steven Moffat is working on it.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 10:21 PM   #124
StCoop
Commodore

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/matt-smith-...2014-49463.htm

Im on a break for a couple of months while Im in Detroit making How To Catch A Monster. We come back and shoot the Christmas special over the summer, then we go on to the next series, which will either start filming at the end of this year or at the start of 2014.

Which means (unsurprisingly) it won't start until Autumn 2014, a 15-16 month gap. Remember when there only used to be a 9 month gap?
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2013, 03:34 AM   #125
diankra
Commodore

StCoop wrote: View Post

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/matt-smith-...2014-49463.htm

Im on a break for a couple of months while Im in Detroit making How To Catch A Monster. We come back and shoot the Christmas special over the summer, then we go on to the next series, which will either start filming at the end of this year or at the start of 2014.

Which means (unsurprisingly) it won't start until Autumn 2014, a 15-16 month gap. Remember when there only used to be a 9 month gap?
Well, they could start shooting in late 2013, and have a six or seven episode season available for Easter 2014. But yep, I'm assuming autumn 2014 at earliest, which is pretty SWEARWORD.
diankra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2013, 03:40 AM   #126
The Wormhole
Admiral

I also remember Moffat promising the split seasons would cut down the gap between seasons. And yet, we've already had one gap that lasted longer than Tennant's so-called gap year, and if this pans out that'll make two.
Old May 19 2013, 02:51 PM   #127
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Tom Spilsbury is publicly questioning the BBC on how many episodes series 8 will have.

That looks very odd. Spilsbury isn't in a position where he can do that. As the editor of DWM he's the franchise's head cheerleader. Questioning the people who give him access and sign off on the work he publishes every month simply isn't done.

Very odd.

allyngibson.net
Old May 19 2013, 04:09 PM   #128
StCoop
Commodore

Tom Spilsbury is publicly questioning the BBC on how many episodes series 8 will have.

That looks very odd. Spilsbury isn't in a position where he can do that. As the editor of DWM he's the franchise's head cheerleader. Questioning the people who give him access and sign off on the work he publishes every month simply isn't done.
Was it you who mentioned that Panini might have lost their license? Perhaps he's not worried about brown-nosing anymore since he knows he's out of a job soon?
Old May 19 2013, 04:26 PM   #129
Lonemagpie
Writer

Was it you who mentioned that Panini might have lost their license? Perhaps he's not worried about brown-nosing anymore since he knows he's out of a job soon?
Even if they've kept the licence, Marcus Hearn is taking up a job at Panini this month... Could he be taking over DWM?

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2013, 04:42 PM   #130
StCoop
Commodore

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Even if they've kept the licence, Marcus Hearn is taking up a job at Panini this month... Could he be taking over DWM?
Whoever's in charge and where exactly that is, there're going to have a hard time selling yet another massive gap between series as a good thing.
Old May 19 2013, 07:35 PM   #131
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

It was me, yes.

I can't decide if Spilsbury has finally decided to commit journalism (which may not necessarily mean that Panini has lost the license) or he knows his tenure is coming to an end and doesn't care (which means that he's moving on, irrespective of whether or not Panini will continue to publish Doctor Who Magazine).

I'm trying not read motivations into Spilsbury's act of journalism.

allyngibson.net
Old May 22 2013, 10:04 PM   #132
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Like the Daleks he wouldn't be able to travel up stairs?

Good one dude!
Kaijufan wrote: View Post
I'm happy to see that Matt will be back for one more season, though I hope they go with a new Doctor for series 9. 3-4 years seems like a good run for modern Who.
Maybe even have him for series 9, although I must admit I doubt he will stay that long. I'm only just beginning to bond with Smith and get over that tenant is no longer the doctor, plus it feels like only five minutes since Smith got in. I'd also like to see Smith go beyond Moffat, I want to see what he'd be like under different management.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 07:19 AM   #133
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
I'd also like to see Smith go beyond Moffat, I want to see what he'd be like under different management.
This. I have never agreed with anything you've posted so much as this one sentence. I hate to say that I think the writing is holding Smith back from being the most extraordinary Doctor ever.
Old May 23 2013, 11:52 AM   #134
Konata Izumi
Commander

I don't know what people's problem with 11 is - they made him purposefully dickish in Series 6, which annoys many, but for the last 14 episodes he's been a completely different cuddly uncle type.
Konata Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 12:08 PM   #135
Gov Kodos
Admiral

I enjoyed Amy one the show, but I doubt I could put up with her in real life. If I had to put up with someone as narcissistic as Amy, I'd be pretty dickish, too.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote