USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 17 2014, 09:55 PM   #1291
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Judith is mostly a prop right now.

So without spoiling *too* much, is "Abraham" a "good guy" or a "bad guy" in the comics? And the comics' analogue to "Terminus" I'm assuming it's not a very good place that's not ran by a very good person.

I don't care too, too, much about spoilers (and I know the series is diverging and dancing from the comics quite a bit) just curious as I'm not too up-to-date on the comics much beyond the prison.

On the "Talking Dead" they talked about how the director of the episode worked to precisely recreate the introductory shot of Abraham and his crew from the panel in the comics. That's pretty cool, I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison which I'm sure is on the internet somewhere or will be soon.

Again, I think Tara is going to be a very interesting addition to the cast of characters. Should all be very interesting on where it goes from here but, man, there's only 6 more episodes left in this season!

Oh, and I liked how what's-her-name (the chick that was lovey on The Governor in the van) pretty much died off-screen in a throwaway line.
Old February 17 2014, 10:12 PM   #1292
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

So without spoiling *too* much, is "Abraham" a "good guy" or a "bad guy" in the comics? And the comics' analogue to "Terminus" I'm assuming it's not a very good place that's not ran by a very good person.
He's a badass but a good guy, the preview for next weeks kinda makes it seems it'll be the same in the show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URJWTmEylw

I loved that ending almost as much as when Michonne appeared at the very end of s2

As for Terminus, that's not in the comics IIRC? So I don't know what that is. I thought it could be their version of the Alexandria Safe-Zone but it seems to early for that.

As for Lizzie been the comic version of Ben and what's happens there, I hadn't thought of that Vendikarr, but yeah I could see that maybe happening.
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 10:18 PM   #1293
PKerr
Rear Admiral

I don't care too, too, much about spoilers (and I know the series is diverging and dancing from the comics quite a bit) just curious as I'm not too up-to-date on the comics much beyond the prison.

On the "Talking Dead" they talked about how the director of the episode worked to precisely recreate the introductory shot of Abraham and his crew from the panel in the comics. That's pretty cool, I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison which I'm sure is on the internet somewhere or will be soon.

Again, I think Tara is going to be a very interesting addition to the cast of characters. Should all be very interesting on where it goes from here but, man, there's only 6 more episodes left in this season!

Oh, and I liked how what's-her-name (the chick that was lovey on The Governor in the van) pretty much died off-screen in a throwaway line.
Abraham is a good guy but he is a get it done kinda guy, there are no committees, votes and feelings in play, when something needs to get done he does it.

At this point the Show is going to take a whole new dynamic because the comic doesn't have these characters interacting with one another.
As some may or may not know, Daryl doesn't exist in the comics and Abraham/Tyreese never knew each other.

As we all know now, Daryl is Rick's right hand man, on the show Daryl is an amalgamation of comic Tyreese and Abraham , in the comic at one time or another Tyreese and Abraham were Rick's right hand men, it's going to be interesting to see how 4 strong male characters interact with each other.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 10:44 PM   #1294
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Well, first of all, Rick needs to step back up to the plate.

So what about "Terminus" what is that alluding to from the comics?
Old February 17 2014, 10:58 PM   #1295
JD
Admiral

Really enjoyed last night's episode. It was nice to get to spend at least a few minutes with everyone who wasn't in last week's episode.
I have to admit I was a little confused by the zombies on the bus too.
I was pretty shocked when Carol showed up. I figured she would show back up eventually, but I wasn't sure when.
Very curious to see Abraham and his group. I've come across the name while researching the comic, so it will be interesting to see what he's like on the show.
Lizzie is definitely starting to lose it. I just hope Carol will be able to help her, before she goes to far.
Old February 17 2014, 10:59 PM   #1296
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Well, first of all, Rick needs to step back up to the plate.

So what about "Terminus" what is that alluding to from the comics?
As Ethros said, Terminus is not in the comic, I also think it's way too early for the Alexandria Safe-Zone, me thinks it may be leading up to what I and Vendikarr were dancing around earlier, I honestly don't know how they could skip over that particular story, TWD seems to be all about pushing TV boundaries and that story will definitely "tasty" story.

I see a few mentions of the walker bus, if you look at the back of the bus it's pretty shot up , I took it as a bunch of people got killed.
Old February 17 2014, 11:02 PM   #1297
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Honestly, I'd almost argue Carol is partly to blame for Lizzie's behavior. If she's the one who was dissecting the animals at the prison which, I guess, seems more the case now (though dissection and vivisection are two very different things and the latter being pretty hard to pull off especially for a young girl who likes killing things without medical training or fine dissection tools) then that's one thing, I guess. But, man, she was down-right angrily trying to smoother Judith. (I now notice as I watch the scene again.) That's pretty damn fucked up.

As Ethros said, Terminus is not in the comic, I also think it's way too early for the Alexandria Safe-Zone, me thinks it may be leading up to what I and Vendikarr were dancing around earlier, I honestly don't know how they could skip over that particular story, TWD seems to be all about pushing TV boundaries and that story will definitely "tasty" story.
Which story were you talking about?

Some of what I'm reading in other places is that "Terminus" might be the show's replacement for the Alexandria Safe-Zone, probably so the show can stay in the same location and keep filming in Georgia.
Old February 17 2014, 11:15 PM   #1298
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Honestly, I'd almost argue Carol is partly to blame for Lizzie's behavior. If she's the one who was dissecting the animals at the prison which, I guess, seems more the case now (though dissection and vivisection are two very different things and the latter being pretty hard to pull off especially for a young girl who likes killing things without medical training or fine dissection tools) then that's one thing, I guess. But, man, she was down-right angrily trying to smoother Judith. (I now notice as I watch the scene again.) That's pretty damn fucked up.

Some of what I'm reading in other places is that "Terminus" might be the show's replacement for the Alexandria Safe-Zone, probably so the show can stay in the same location and keep filming in Georgia.
From the comics

As far as Terminus goes

Old February 17 2014, 11:18 PM   #1299
Ro_Laren
Commodore

Another great Walking Dead episode! I think that it is so ironic that one of the reasons that Rick kicked Carol out of the prison is because he thought she was dangerous and he therefore didn’t want her to be around Judith. But, if it weren’t for Carol then Judith would have been killed by the Walkers in tonight’s episode! Also, that Lizzie sure seems like she is psycho or something. I have a theory about her… I have a feeling that in the prison she killed Karen and the other sick guy with her. Carol walked in on Lizzie with the knife and then Carol dragged the bodies into the courtyard and burned them in an attempt to hide the evidence that Lizzie killed them. When Rick was pressing Carol, she confessed to the murder ‘cause she thought that it would be better if she were blamed instead of Lizzie (even if it meant that she would be kicked out of the prison). What do you think of this theory? No spoilers from the comics (if this story is even in the comics)! Back to tonight’s episode: I was getting really concerned for the baby actress that was playing Judith. During one shot of the smothering scene, it looked like she was trying to get Lizzie’s hand off of her mouth. If I were the baby actress’s Mom, I would not want my baby to be in a scene where she was being smothered like that. Very disturbing.

BTW, how come we are not creating new threads for each Walking Dead episode? Is this the same thread that is going to be used for each episode the rest of the season?

Oh, I have some questions regarding last night’s episode:

1. What happened to Tyreese’s arm in the prison? I forgot!

2. Who were the people in the bus? At first I thought that maybe they were random background people from the prison except Sasha and Bob were saying that the people from the prison got away. Maybe the prison people got out and trapped the Walkers inside?

3. How did Bob’s bullet not pierce Maggie when Bob shot at the Walker that was between them? You can tell that the bullet went all the way through the Walker's skull 'cause you can see the bloody exit wound on his forehead. It is hard to tell from the screencap below, but from where she was standing Maggie would have been in the line of trajectory of the bullet as it flew through the Walker.

4. When Maggie slammed the head of a Walker into the bus she immediately says, “I’m sorry.” Was she saying sorry to Sasha and Bob for almost getting them killed by making them help her look for Glen in the bus? Was she saying sorry ‘cause she knew the Walker she killed? Or was she just saying sorry to the random Walker whom she had never met before?
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 11:19 PM   #1300
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 11:49 PM   #1301
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Ro_Laren wrote: View Post
4. When Maggie slammed the head of a Walker into the bus she immediately says, “I’m sorry.” Was she saying sorry to Sasha and Bob for almost getting them killed by making them help her look for Glen in the bus? Was she saying sorry ‘cause she knew the Walker she killed? Or was she just saying sorry to the random Walker whom she had never met before?
I thought it was because she thought it was Glen.
Old February 17 2014, 11:57 PM   #1302
dansigal
Commander

2. Who were the people in the bus? At first I thought that maybe they were random background people from the prison except Sasha and Bob were saying that the people from the prison got away. Maybe the prison people got out and trapped the Walkers inside?
When they were saying, "they got away" I think it was in the context of: this doesn't make sense, how could they all be dead, they got away from the prison in time. Like, it's not fair, we thought they made it...

That's why Bob said, they were good people and probably partially why Maggie was apologizing, but she was more apologizing to Glenn because as far as she was thinking at the time, she lived and he died and it's her fault because she wasn't able to save him
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2014, 12:13 AM   #1303
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

BTW, how come we are not creating new threads for each Walking Dead episode? Is this the same thread that is going to be used for each episode the rest of the season?
That would pollute an already overcrowded forum. TWD does not have the traditional amount of episodes per season, so its easy to keep all discussion here.

3. How did Bob’s bullet not pierce Maggie when Bob shot at the Walker that was between them?
More convenient, lazy TV stuff. At point blank range--Bob's position--the bullet would have gone through the walker and right into Maggie...but its not quite her time yet....

The walkers were the refugees from Woodbury and a few Daryl and Rick found over the months between the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4. In that time, Maggie has become very familiar with them, hence her "i'm sorry" when destroying them.
Old February 18 2014, 12:14 AM   #1304
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

PKerr wrote: View Post
As far as Terminus goes

Yep, the truly stomach-turning point in the series.
Old February 18 2014, 12:19 AM   #1305
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

PKerr wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Not sure Judith is a character so much as a plot device at this stage.
Exactly, in a way I was just hoping we wouldn't have seen her again, it would have been an easy out for the writers other than taking the comic book route.

I just hope they don't use her for fabricated drama, gang hiding? make the baby cry, Gang trying to be sneaky? make the baby cry, need to get walker attention? make the baby cry....
Getting rid of the baby at this point is just gross shock for the sake of it. The series needs to tone down the shock/stunt episodes (which littered season 3).